Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crazy Question....Burgundy/Gold Rags for Dallas Game

GPREP HOG

This skins chatboard has a lot of power :applause: .....and gets a lot of respect not only by skins fans but by people connected to the team.......

I know it is a week and half away but is there a way in which we can could use this skins chat site to corrdinate having Burgandy and Gold Towels (basically 20"X20" square colored (half burgandy half yellow(gold) cotten rags) for all the fans for the Dallas game? :dallasuck

I myself have been to some memorable games at RFK and Fedex field, however non so big as this upcoming Dallas game......

No matter what the case in how us and dallas win/lose this week the game next week still has playoff implications of somesort........

• We know it is a late season game of significance in the 4pm time-slot between two of the biggest rivals in NFL history......
    Add-on two of the most famous coaches in NFL history.....
    Add-on that these coaches really do not get along at all......(I mean they are complete opposites Parcels looks like the sloth who continuosly gives into glutony and whenever Gibbs talks, as long as it does not have to do with Refs, looks like he should have a halo on top of his head)....plus the whole Giants/Skins 80s history....
    Take into account the media wants Dallas and the Giants in the playoffs, they want anything but to see a group of fans who believe in their team....it is well known the media hates the skins fans (especially that manly woman sally Jenkins). :laugh:

THIS IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THINGS BE TAKEN TO ANOTHER LEVEL IN THE SNYDER ERA......... :mad:

If anyone is up to help cordinate having these Burgandy/Gold 'rags' ready for the game PM me....... :dallasuck

If it is something you think is definitly worth doing respond......because if you do not, there is no way it will come together..... :2cents:

If you tihnk this is stupid and has nothing to do with skins fans....respond, tell me I am stupid and that is that....

But all I am thinking is that putting something like this together for the game would make it unreal and really get the team and the stadium pumped up

A few pointers.

1) Find a better word then 'rags'.

2) It's a message board, not a chat site/chat board.;)

1) Was not sure what to call them:

I first put sheets, but figured they are nothing like a bed sheet

Then put towels, but really they the material is noethign like a towel it is more like the material from a t-shirt.....that is why I put 'rags'

2)my bad on the chat site/board........

Did not know it really meant that much of a difference...... :notworthy

I really hope those 'pointers' made you feel 1/2 an inch taller...... ;)

I actually posed the towel idea to Mike Stevens in 2004 when I was interning in the Redskins front office.

It's a matter of cost. They need a sponsor to help with the financial end of providing an insane amount of towels to the biggest outdoor stadium in the NFL. Come up with a cheap cheap cheap cheap cheaply priced towel, and find a sponsor. That's the hard part. Once you've done that, email the information to the Redskins and they just might use it. They loved the idea, but just couldn't really swing the $.

I love the Redskins front office. They actually care about the fans. They were trying to come up with the best promotion possible for the Dallas Monday nighter, but XM kind of flaked out. Snyder hates Dallas and loves Redskins fans. That's a fact that I witnessed first hand.

BOOOOOOOOOM

If there was any way I could help, I would. Problem is I'm a lonely fan in Kentucky so I don't have much 'pull' with anyone in the Skins organization. :) I've always wanted something like that in RFK/Fed Ex - HEY - we could break out the seat cushions (remember vs Atlanta?)!!. I agree with you, watching the Steelers stadium with those towels HAS to get the players amped up.

I actually posed the towel idea to Mike Stevens in 2004 when I was interning in the Redskins front office.

It's a matter of cost. They need a sponsor to help with the financial end of providing an insane amount of towels to the biggest outdoor stadium in the NFL. Come up with a cheap cheap cheap cheap cheaply priced towel, and find a sponsor. That's the hard part. Once you've done that, email the information to the Redskins and they just might use it. They loved the idea, but just couldn't really swing the $.

I love the Redskins front office. They actually care about the fans. They were trying to come up with the best promotion possible for the Dallas Monday nighter, but XM kind of flaked out. Snyder hates Dallas and loves Redskins fans. That's a fact that I witnessed first hand.

BOOOOOOOOOM

Maybe find a radio station to help - although I think its probably too late to get something together at this point. But I went to a Skins/Dallas game a few years back and a radio station was handing out signs that said Dallas Sucks on one side and the station logo on the other.

1) Was not sure what to call them:

I first put sheets, but figured they are nothing like a bed sheet

Then put towels, but really they the material is noethign like a towel it is more like the material from a t-shirt.....that is why I put 'rags'

2)my bad on the chat site/board........

Did not know it really meant that much of a difference...... :notworthy

I really hope those 'pointers' made you feel 1/2 an inch taller...... ;)

Actually, someone wanted to call them 'Red Rags' last year. That thread got extremely ugly. Use your imagination. ;) That's why I suggested a name change. The 'chat' thing is more of an inside joke. Either you get it, or you dont. About six people will get it, so don't feel bad if you don't. ;)

BOOOOOOOOOM

H*ll Danny can open up the check book for some (older) players, but he cant open it up for some towels for fans to wave aound and get the team fired up?????? HMMMMMMMMM :doh:

Actually, someone wanted to call them 'Red Rags' last year. That thread got extremely ugly. Use your imagination. ;) That's why I suggested a name change. The 'chat' thing is more of an inside joke. Either you get it, or you dont. About six people will get it, so don't feel bad if you don't. ;)

LOL Red Rags, thats disgusting. I'm glad that idea got crushed.

Bring Back the free SEAT CUSHIONS that were given out at RFK, remember the game where the fans tossed them after the win......GOOD TIMES :cheers:

No for the "towels", "rags"

That's what Pittsburgh does.....heck, Baltimore tried to do it too last year (I have one from the Chiefs/Ravens game from last year).

Very annoying (anybody who wants to complain about "The Wave" at FedEx.....this is much, much more annoying).

Bring Back the free SEAT CUSHIONS that were given out at RFK, remember the game where the fans tossed them after the win......GOOD TIMES :cheers:

No for the "towels", "rags"

That's what Pittsburgh does.....heck, Baltimore tried to do it too last year (I have one from the Chiefs/Ravens game from last year).

Very annoying (anybody who wants to complain about "The Wave" at FedEx.....this is much, much more annoying).

i agree anything done 'half-Acc" is annoying.......u got 70-80k spinning those burgandy/gold rags in the air......thats gotta get you pumped up....

respect that is pitt's thing.......but I would not be ashamed one bit if we borrowed it for one game and did it right......

we need something for this game to really get it off right......if the fans have control of one thing......the opening mood is it.....

What are we dealing with here, Marketing morons? Lessee:

1. 100,000 towels for Dallas\Washington game: @50k? 100K?

2. Skins win - new tradition born....

3. Fans will PAY for towels after that, "to be a part of"....at current FedEx rates that's be 5 dollars a towel for a 500% profit or more...

4. Advertisers want to jump on the bandwagon = more revenue opportunities

5. Cheerleaders promote them for carwashing and floor waxing = more $

6. ....

7. Profit!

http://www.raglady.com/items.jsp?category=63056

(lot of other sites with cheap 'rags')

They got "rags" here for .75$, might be able to get down to .50$ if they were to buy the rest of the burgandy/gold rags they have left......

Snyder pays for half and then 106.7 pays for the rest......

Then you get someone to buy one to get something made (it probably costs nearly nothing) which stamps on the new phrase of 106.7 "the free radio" or whatever it is.......you could have the people who hand out the rags stamp the thing on the rag.......

that would be HUGE PROMO for the new 106.7 and the Junkies being on in place of Stern........

if snyder picked up half the tab for the rags it would be nothing.......but would be PRICELESS in the appreciation fans would have for the effort he put forward......

??????????

http://www.raglady.com/items.jsp?category=63056

(lot of other sites with cheap 'rags')

They got "rags" here for .75$, might be able to get down to .50$ if they were to buy the rest of the burgandy/gold rags they have left......

Snyder pays for half and then 106.7 pays for the rest......

Then you get someone to buy one to get something made (it probably costs nearly nothing) which stamps on the new phrase of 106.7 "the free radio" or whatever it is.......you could have the people who hand out the rags stamp the thing on the rag.......

that would be HUGE PROMO for the new 106.7 and the Junkies being on in place of Stern........

if snyder picked up half the tab for the rags it would be nothing.......but would be PRICELESS in the appreciation fans would have for the effort he put forward......

??????????

"Stamper" : http://www.rubberstampchamp.com/StorefrontHome.asp?bhcp=1

It's a matter of cost.

Its awesome that you interned for the Redskins front office!

I disagree about the cost thing, though. The Redskins were the highest grossing organization in the NFL last year. They perenially sell out the biggest stadium in the league. The organization can afford it, even without a sponser. If they REALLY needed a sponser (which they don't), they could probably work something out with FedEx.

It is one of the biggest rivalry games in the league on national TV, so it would be a good publicity move.

I definately think that the towels would get everyone pumped. I was at the Wizards playoff game last year when we eliminated the Bulls, they handed out towels that game. The towels just give everyone something to do to stay involved. It was great!

I do think that the Steelers have already claimed this tradition in the NFL though. We could do it but it in the back of everyones head we know it is a Pittsburgh tradition. Maybe our crowd could come up with some sort of arm jestures like "the tomohawk"(Florida State) or "the gator chomp"(Florida).

Towels???

We are Not the Pittsburgh Steelers. No terrible hankies, no buses, no roethlisberger hoagies, no perogies.

We ARE the Washington Redskins....the Only team with a marching band (eff the Ravens garbage), the Chief, the Hogs and Hogettes and the only true fightsong in the NFL, 90,000 loud and proud to say the least.

No towels necessary bring you ticket and your lungs and that will be enough.

No offense but I think waving little towels in the air is pretty queer. People make fun of the Steelers fans for waving splooge rags around like that's gonna scare somebody.

I'll be there yelling my ass off when we sweep those cowpies. That should be enough.

Archived