Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly loss last night WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbuzz1962

Man am I glad I am not an Eagles fan. What a difference a year can make. From the SuperBowl to the toilet bowl. It is amazing to see how far a team can fall in a year. Owens was the worst thing that happened to them. I hate to say this, but as much as I hate the Eagles, I have always respected and enjoyed watching McNabb when he was healthy. It proves a huge point, that I have been posting much about this year.

A good quarterback is the dynamic leader of a team. It seems the better a team goes as their qb goes. A great Quarterback can lead your team to great things. While I am not sold on Mark Brunell, for reasons he has shown I won't go into. I think an athletic qb will make this team great. Brunell is average at best, as our record indicates perfectly. While I realize he is there for the year, I just can't feel good about our odds with him running the show for our team.

I feel Joe Gibbs feels he is our best QB at the moment, and the most likely one to get us into the playoffs, he must get Jason or Patrick ready this off season to take the reins, and lead this team in this newer NFL style of play. We must score more points, and do it on a consistent basis if we are to compete with the likes of the Colts, Bengals, Patriots etc. If we play our cards right this off season and recruit another receiver or two, and a big Gibbs type running back to compliment Portis and Cartwright, this team will make the playoffs, and should compete with anyone.

Well we dont need ANOTHER running back, we already have Portis, Betts, Cartwright etc on the roster (and we have Broughton whom i believe played a small part in the St Louis game) but we do need a pash rush.

The reason the Eagles are starting to lose now is not just because of TO/McNabb. They dont have a solid backup QB, thats their problem. McNabb is one tough mo'fo playing through the pain barrier for the amount that he did, all credit should go to him but there are 10 other players on the field with him at any one time. Its a team effort. Philly has been riddled with injuries this year apparently, each week ive seen someone else go onto IR, i feel sorry for them, but not too sorry. Weve still got a game against them yet.

A terrible, embarrassing loss for the Iggles last night, that's for sure. Especially since they were making it a special game for the late Reggie Brown. It's a shame, like Jim Rome said on TV today, that he did so much for that team, and they couldn't stay within 5 touchdowns of the other team, let alone put any points up on the board.

We gotta root for them next week against the Giants fellas, cuz that would be a HUGE help for the 'skins in our division!

A terrible, embarrassing loss for the Iggles last night, that's for sure. Especially since they were making it a special game for the late Reggie Brown. It's a shame, like Jim Rome said on TV today, that he did so much for that team, and they couldn't stay within 5 touchdowns of the other team, let alone put any points up on the board.

We gotta root for them next week against the Giants fellas, cuz that would be a HUGE help for the 'skins in our division!

Reggie White.

Its Reggie white.....I hate jim rome.

Hey guys... they've had alot happen to them this year. We may all have said that Owens was a cancer and would ruin them.... but none of us thought it would go down like it did this year. McNabb being hurt certainly hasn't helped them this year.

Let's have a little humility here... we've been in that same position. Let's just hope that we can beat them the last game of the regular season and that it propels into the playoffs on a high note.

watching the game last night was a lot of fun :D

42-0? :laugh:

good for the Eagles and their fans. they have blown enough clubs out over the past couple of years and shown no mercy, now it's time for some payback................

of course this could be a blessing in disguise for Philly. they get rid of Owens, pick up a top 10 draft pick as the result of a 5-11 finish and then go out and get that franchise receiver they have lacked.

they could bounce back to 10-6 or 11-5 next year if McNabb comes back healthy and they get a legitimate replacement for Owens.

Hey guys... they've had alot happen to them this year. We may all have said that Owens was a cancer and would ruin them.... but none of us thought it would go down like it did this year. McNabb being hurt certainly hasn't helped them this year.

Let's have a little humility here... we've been in that same position. Let's just hope that we can beat them the last game of the regular season and that it propels into the playoffs on a high note.

There is no way I am going to feel sorry for the Eagles, especially after all the beatings they've given us over the past few years. Anytime I start to have sympathy for Philly, I just think back to Spurrier's final game with the skins. I remember McNabb dancing in the endzone, the other players smiling and laughing at us, and all those Eagles fans who invaded FedEx as if it were their home stadium (which by the 4th quarter, it was). The eagles will not get any love from me. I can't wait till the last game of the season so that we can pay them back for what they did a couple of years ago.

Well, after reading all the "hugs & kisses" posts about the Eagles, I may throw up. ;) :jk: So, let me be among the first to congradulate the Eagles (and their "wonderful" fans) for finally returning to their rightful place in the NFC East. May their return to last place be a long lived one. :D

:eaglesuck :logo: :eaglesuck :logo: :eaglesuck

Second that. He's one of the most annoying people I have ever been forced to listen to. How does he still have a job? I can't believe it.

I know. I remember earlier this year he criticized Joe Gibbs for saying that the victory over the Cowboys on MNF was one of his best victories as a coach. Later on in the year, I believe Jerry Jones said that the Seahawks game (maybe a different game), was one of the worst losses he experienced. How bout playoff game losses, championship losses, etc.? Jim Rome didnt say anything about Jerry Jones' comments.

I know. I remember earlier this year he criticized Joe Gibbs for saying that the victory over the Cowboys on MNF was one of his best victories as a coach. Later on in the year, I believe Jerry Jones said that the Seahawks game (maybe a different game), was one of the worst losses he experienced. How bout playoff game losses, championship losses, etc.? Jim Rome didnt say anything about Jerry Jones' comments.

I'll fourth it. That guy is horrendous. I can't stand the "why did he do that? That was so stupid! It was the worse thing he could have done! It was terrible! I can't figure out how he could allow such a thing to happen! I'm amazed that something like that could happen! What was going on? What was he thinking? Why did he do that? What on Earth is going on here?" etc. etc. He would just go on and on and on and on...I wanted to hang myself.

He was all I had when I lived in Canada and I was forced to listen to that every stinkin' day if I wanted American sports news.

"Thanks for the vine...." :doh: what the fark does that mean, anyway?

Could it get anyworse??? How bad is their team going to get. Westbrook broke his foot and is out for the year. I guess its best, the rest of them are hurt as well. It goes to show how critical a few players can make a team win or lose. What is hard to understand is the fact that the other year that Donovan broke his leg, the backups all did their job, and they kept winning. Its got to make us Skin fans feel a lot better where we are at this year, considering the record, now we know others are hurting worse then we are by a long shot. All I can hope for is they use this defeat as a humiliation that they must beat the GIANTS!!!!! I hate to pull for them but it would help us a lot if they win. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, did I just write that??

Man am I glad I am not an Eagles fan. What a difference a year can make. From the SuperBowl to the toilet bowl. It is amazing to see how far a team can fall in a year. Owens was the worst thing that happened to them. I hate to say this, but as much as I hate the Eagles, I have always respected and enjoyed watching McNabb when he was healthy. It proves a huge point, that I have been posting much about this year.

A good quarterback is the dynamic leader of a team. It seems the better a team goes as their qb goes. A great Quarterback can lead your team to great things. While I am not sold on Mark Brunell, for reasons he has shown I won't go into. I think an athletic qb will make this team great. Brunell is average at best, as our record indicates perfectly. While I realize he is there for the year, I just can't feel good about our odds with him running the show for our team.

I feel Joe Gibbs feels he is our best QB at the moment, and the most likely one to get us into the playoffs, he must get Jason or Patrick ready this off season to take the reins, and lead this team in this newer NFL style of play. We must score more points, and do it on a consistent basis if we are to compete with the likes of the Colts, Bengals, Patriots etc. If we play our cards right this off season and recruit another receiver or two, and a big Gibbs type running back to compliment Portis and Cartwright, this team will make the playoffs, and should compete with anyone.

You make some valid points. In this era of free agency, the Philadelphia Eagles have shown people this season that winning has more to do with having NFL ICONS rather than coaching and ownership. McNabb is not there. Owens is basically gone. Pinkston is hurt. Lito Sheppard is injured.Their receiving corps are depleted. McNabb's replacement is medicore. But what I'm most surprised about the most is how the Eagles defense has given up.

Brunell is a great quarterback. He's our best bet for the next couple of seasons. If Campbell is to one day replace him, then it has to be when Brunell's career is over. He's not going anywhere. Look at Gannon, Farve, Randall Cunningham, Roger Starbach, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Elway, Marino, who all played well after their 37th birthdays. Brunell is 34 and he has alot of quarterbacking left in him.

As far as a running back, Portis and Cartright is sufficient. Betts will be gone next year because he's a free agent and we can get a running back in the draft. Unfortunately or fortunately, the Redskins is not in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes. But I do agree that we need a bruiser like Riggs, Rogers, and Riggins.

You make some valid points. In this era of free agency, the Philadelphia Eagles have shown people this season that winning has more to do with having NFL ICONS rather than coaching and ownership. McNabb is not there. Owens is basically gone. Pinkston is hurt. Lito Sheppard is injured.Their receiving corps are depleted. McNabb's replacement is medicore. But what I'm most surprised about the most is how the Eagles defense has given up.

Brunell is a great quarterback. He's our best bet for the next couple of seasons. If Campbell is to one day replace him, then it has to be when Brunell's career is over. He's not going anywhere. Look at Gannon, Farve, Randall Cunningham, Roger Starbach, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Elway, Marino, who all played well after their 37th birthdays. Brunell is 34 and he has alot of quarterbacking left in him.

As far as a running back, Portis and Cartright is sufficient. Betts will be gone next year because he's a free agent and we can get a running back in the draft. Unfortunately or fortunately, the Redskins is not in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes. But I do agree that we need a bruiser like Riggs, Rogers, and Riggins.

Great point. I know Brunell is our best chance to get into the playoffs, its just the teams with the younger, more athletic qb's are just outperforming everyone. The teams with older QB's are just hanging on, if not completely out of it altogether. I just can't see keeping up with those dynamic young QB's that are throwing 3-4 touchdowns a game. Our best chance is our running game, slow the game down, and not let the high power offenses on the field for very long. With our defense that is possible, but it seems our defense has dropped back a step this year, even though we have the same core as we did last year. Keep the fingers crossed, and hope we get into the playoffs, and then it is a new season all together.

Archived