Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sinorice Moss

Redskins4ever

I haven't seen him play at all this year but I've seen highlights. He's very fast, and he can catch the ball. There are other receivers coming out next year. I just wanted to get some thoughts on how he could fit into our offense in the future. Patten is not what I expected. He's good, runs good routes, but Patten's game seems to have dropped off. Thrash has been in the league since '97, and he will be retiring within the next few years. But Moss is speedy, could help stretch the field, and he's young and coachable.

If you're just looking for an explosive returner, and looking to add some more speed, look for Jeremy Bloom if he drops in the draft. He's an olympic skier, and played two years at Colorado before getting the boot due to his skiing endorsements. Two years ago he won one of those superstars competitions, which including several NFL players. He smoked them all in the 100 yard dash. The kid has serious speed. He's small though, Santana small. 5-9, maybe 185.

If you're just looking for an explosive returner, and looking to add some more speed, look for Jeremy Bloom if he drops in the draft. He's an olympic skier, and played two years at Colorado before getting the boot due to his skiing endorsements. Two years ago he won one of those superstars competitions, which including several NFL players. He smoked them all in the 100 yard dash. The kid has serious speed. He's small though, Santana small. 5-9, maybe 185.

I think I'll go with Moss over a guy who left football for skiing. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just that Sinorice Moss has made big plays in the ACC along with being good on the track. Bloom is the type of guy who will get a training camp invite but that is it. Remember, speed can run you into tackles.

I think I'll go with Moss over a guy who left football for skiing. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just that Sinorice Moss has made big plays in the ACC along with being good on the track. Bloom is the type of guy who will get a training camp invite but that is it. Remember, speed can run you into tackles.

Not to pull this thread off topic, but he didnt leave football for skiing, the NCAA gave him the boot. And Gil Brandt has him going between the 4th and 7th.

Gil Brandt, who evaluated the draft talent for the Dallas Cowboys for nearly three decades, does not believe Bloom will have missed out by not playing four years at Colorado.

"When you can run fast and return punts, I don't think they care how much experience you have had," said Brandt. "This is not a quarterback position."

Brandt thinks Bloom could go anywhere from the fourth to seventh rounds of the NFL draft.

"He will probably be a second-day choice as a kick returner," Brandt said. "He's very, very good. In high school, he was kind of all-everything. Everybody's looking for someone who can create big plays."

I wouldnt even want him as a wideout. Just a special teams ace. Since you cant find much better in the 7th round it would make sense. We can still draft a big wideout in earlier rounds, but if Moss is still there in the 7th I think it is well worth it to have a potential gamebreaker returning punts and kicks. Much like Sprowles.

exactly i mean i hope u all dont think that sinorice is the same size as santana, if you do your wrong, sinorice is no taller than 5'7'' that is short, like having a really fast rock cartwright out there,

Actually Sinorice Moss is 5'8, not 5'7. Santana is 5'9.

http://hurricanesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moss_sinorice00.html

I haven't seen him play at all this year but I've seen highlights. He's very fast, and he can catch the ball. There are other receivers coming out next year. I just wanted to get some thoughts on how he could fit into our offense in the future. Patten is not what I expected. He's good, runs good routes, but Patten's game seems to have dropped off. Thrash has been in the league since '97, and he will be retiring within the next few years. But Moss is speedy, could help stretch the field, and he's young and coachable.

I thought he was a running back?

I looked at his profile and I guess he is a reciever I must be thinking of someone else.

seabee ur thinking of Tyrone Moss The HB for Miami, Sinorice is the #2 WR down there and santana's little bro.

I knew his brother played for Miami and i just checked the profile And i did see that a HB Moss had Gotten injured for them awhile back so i thought they were the same I dont follow college football to much outside of UVA and New mexico

In College, yes. But scouts in the NFL don't look at those things all of the time. Look at guys like Santana, Terry Glenn and Randle El(sorry if I spelled that wrong), they were all WR to the best of my knowledge in college. They were all drafted as return-men, then were "promoted" into WR's again in the NFL.

So I'm not saying he won't ever be a receiver, it's just that as far as scouts are conserned, small guys aren't meant to be WR's.(even though guys like Moss and Smith are proving them wrong game after game)

I agree i think sinorice would make a great 3 or 4 wr and return man, well worth a 6th or 7th rd pick but wouldnt u rather get a 3 or 4 wideout who isnt 5'7''?

Darren Sproles 5'5, San Diego Chargers Kick Return / Punt Returner.

:D

but yea 5'7 is a small wide reciever...but who knows we could use him on screens.

So a Wide Reciever in the 5th 6th or 7th round that can be a kick/punt returner and be a wide reciever used on screens most of the time. I guess hes worth it.

But remember hes Jet fast and he might be able to break away from corners and make big plays.

In College, yes. But scouts in the NFL don't look at those things all of the time. Look at guys like Santana, Terry Glenn and Randle El(sorry if I spelled that wrong), they were all WR to the best of my knowledge in college. They were all drafted as return-men, then were "promoted" into WR's again in the NFL.

So I'm not saying he won't ever be a receiver, it's just that as far as scouts are conserned, small guys aren't meant to be WR's.(even though guys like Moss and Smith are proving them wrong game after game)

Randle el was the starter in front of Gibran He was a QB.

I stand corrected then. I just would feel uneasy taking a guy who hasnt played a whole lot of football as of late.

yeah, like Antonio Gates. ;)

I'd love to have that Bloom guy as a returner, but we need some height at WR. - I'd love to get that kid from Notre Dame when he comes out.

Archived