Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Realisticly Can You Name Our Players Next Season???

qcraftsman

It is to long for me to think of and write so I thought you guys might help out. So if you can help me out with this go for it. With the draft, free agents (who do you think Joe will pick up) and returning players and so on who do you think will be the starting players next year for our beloved Skins? You can also name certain coaches also. Go for it!!!

Example:

Head coach: Joe Gibbs

QB: Campbell

LB: Arrington

SS: Taylor

Allright I'll do it lazy people.

I'll just name the positions that I think will change.

QB: Brunell will start & Campbell will be in sometime during the season.

WR: Patten will be back I guarantee it. I don't see any changes in WR core.

TE: There could be a change with Royal, but he should be back.

CB or DB: Carlos will be starting full time next season.

DE: Abraham hopefully we'll pick him up.

Coaches: Williams might be gone next year, but he does like it here and who he is with and what he is doing. Those are his 3 key things he is always looking for. If smoeone offers big $$$ which they will he might be gone. Although if the Skins up his contract he will stay with Gibbs because he loves the guy. Hopefully 3 years in a row!

Coaches: Greg Blache i think will be gone.

Coaches: Offensive Corndinator will come, but I don't know who. Actually Joe will probably stillbe calling the plays now that I think about it.

I think that is all that will change. Let me know what you think. I am writing this quickly so I probably forgot someone.

Gone: Ramsey, Bowen (only cuz he never plays), Betts (yes, I said it. We won't need him if Nemo can develop) to save cap room, harris (too much $$ for a backup), taylor jacobs (we won't resign him)

Arrival: DE draft pick, free agent WR, free agent DE, and other players from draft.

And the rest of the players will have another year to play with each other and build chemistry which will take us to the superbowl :cheers:

Gone: Ramsey, Bowen (only cuz he never plays), Betts (yes, I said it. We won't need him if Nemo can develop) to save cap room, harris (too much $$ for a backup), taylor jacobs (we won't resign him)

Arrival: DE draft pick, free agent WR, free agent DE, and other players from draft.

And the rest of the players will have another year to play with each other and build chemistry which will take us to the superbowl :cheers:

Yeah I'm actually hoping Betts IS gone.. Not because I don't like it, but there comes a point where your back developes starting skills. I'd like to see Betts starting for someone next year, he's earned it. As long as it's someone in the AFC ;p

Gone: Ramsey, Arrington, Bowen, Jacobs, Harris, Frost, Hall and Betts

QB: Brunell starts. Campbell is the starter by week 6.

RB: Portis.

WR: Patten, Moss and some cheap vet

TE: someone we drafted.

Line: Same.

Defense: I can't believe Williams is going to pass up the five or six jobs he will be offered. Unless he knows something about Gibbs that we do not, I think he is gone.

Rogers will start at CB.

Some overpaid FA will be at the end position.

Yeah I'm actually hoping Betts IS gone.. Not because I don't like it, but there comes a point where your back developes starting skills. I'd like to see Betts starting for someone next year, he's earned it. As long as it's someone in the AFC ;p

I agree that Betts should be traded in the offseason for something like a 3rd/4th rounder and given the chance to start for some team in the NFL.

QB - The only way I see Ramsey gone is if he asks to go. He still has a year on the contract and he is as solid of a backup as Gibbs can ask for.

RB - With such a good depth core, it's a shame to think one of them is going to have to go. Holding 4 this season hurt us a bit, and I think Gibbs is going to have a tough time justifying it again. Betts may just end up being the odd man out, especially if Rock continues to show strong for the rest of the season.

HB - No Change

TE - Royal will hang around, but look for some no name free agent or low round draft pick to come in to fight for backup/ starting position. We have nothing behind Royal, and his blocking still leaves a bit to worry about.

O-Line - I think this unit stays as is.

WR - Patten does stay, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a WR to start pushing for a position on the field. I don't think we'll pickup anything big via FA, we've invested too much money dealing with the WR corp all ready.

D-Line - I agree with most that we need to start looking for a new DE, I suspect if we throw any money around this off-season, it's going to be here. Also would not be surprised to see a DT drafted as well.

LB - I don't see any changes. There isn't even remotely enough savings to warrant releasing Lavar. I think working him in slowly had been the coaches plan all along to get him and keep him healthy. Look to see him as more of an everydown back next year.

DBs - I think our starters are set. Backups is were we see some movement. Bowen and Harris may be on the chopping block due to money, but that is only if we can find better quality depth at cheaper prices.

For the most part, expect us to be very quiet in the FA department and draft picks being used to pick up depth and youth. Exactly where we would want the team to be.

Pat Ramsey and Chris Samuels are traded to the Jets for Abraham and a 5th round pick. Draft has us take WR and DL. FA WR pickup (possession receiver) Walt Harris is let go. John Hall is released.

In your scenario, you don't have the Skins looking for anyone to replace Samuels, either thru FA or the draft...

QB - Brunell, Campbell, FA/Draft - Ramsey gets traded to a team that needs a starter for a 4th rounder. We bring in a FA QB to be our 3rd guy.

RB - Portis, Cartwright, Broughton - Betts gets traded for a 4th rounder to a team that needs a starting RB.

H-Back - No change.

WR - We will bring in a #2 guy, it is hard to tell what will happen between Jacobs and Patten, one will be cut. Thrash will stay on as our ST stud.

O-Line - We draft a few players but none of the starters will be changed. Chris Samuels is the wildcard here; some say he does not produce and is not worth his cap number, some say he is one of the top LT's in the league. I will go ahead and say Samuels stays. Ray Brown retires.

D-Line - We take one DE in FA who will make an immediate impact. We use our 2nd rounder to take another DE. Of the two starters we have; Wynn and Daniels, one will be kept one will be cut. We will take 2-3 dlinemen in the draft. Noble retires.

LB - Marshall is moved to the outside and Lavar is cut sadly. Williams brings in a player of his liking to play MLB. Unless Lavar restructures (which he won't) he will be cut. Holdman is cut.

DB - Springs and Rogers are the starting CB's. Bowen and Harris will be cut. We will sign a nickle CB and draft a CB. We will also see if GWill really likes Ryan Clark or not. I think Clark is not resigned and Williams brings in somebody cheap of his liking.

K - Hall will be given another year,

P - Tupa will retire, we will cut Frost and sign a FA.

Archived