Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff Ticket Invoices?

Gallntfox

If I recall correctly in years past if we had even a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs we'd get an invoice for all possible home playoff games that had to be paid prior to the end of the regular season. Has anyone received any correspondence regarding playoff tix? I am figuring that IF we make the playoffs the only way we'd host a 1st round game would be if we won the division...and from then on we could host the NFC Championship game only if a wild card team was our opponent.....that's what happened when the Skins @ 11-4 hosted the Vikes (8-7) in the NFC Championship Game at RFK in '87. San Fran had finished 13-2, the Saints 12-3, and the Bears 11-4 (15 games due to strike year) and all were eliminated prior to the NFC Title Game so it ended up being at RFK.

No, I haven't. Not yet. But if it comes, I'll send in my money. Unless we lose.

If we win the division, we'd probably miss the bye and play the wildcard game at home. Then go on the road, probably to Seattle. But if we beat Seattle, it's possible to host the NFC conference game at home if the opponent was a wildcard team. So that's two possible games at home we'd have to send our money in for.

I think if we make it in most likely it will have to be winning the division.

Exactly. We are currently the 9th best team in the NFC and to get into the playoffs via the wild card, we need those other teams to lose, while taking care of our own business.

In terms of the division, we are currently 3rd but have home games against the teams that are above us.

To sum it up, we have more control over our fate in the race for the division then we do for the race for the wild card.

That's one bill I'd gladly pay!!!!

Me too. So nobody start complaining if we are billed and they don't make it. I can here it now, Snyder's getting my interest! With interest rates nowadays its no big deal to me.

To be realistic the team must do it if we win next week and it looks like we could possibly host a game. That would leave them with only 3 weeks to get the money print and ship 90,000+ tickets. Big job.

In '99 I thought I remembered getting the invoice around week 15. Not 100% sure on that, but I seem to recall it being toward the very end of the season.

We had to pay for 3 home games up front and the money for un-used games would be credited toward next year's tickets.

The tickets they print are pretty generic - obviously, since they don't know the opponent. Still have the unused tickets at home in my dresser.

Archived