Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we REALLY want to go to the Playoffs?

1ofDaFatBoys

Think about it. If we dont win the superbowl, what good is it to make the playoffs. if we make the playoffs we just get a worse draft pick. We already arent getting a 1st round pick so why make our 2nd round pick that much worse? besides the chances of us winning the superbowl right now at a 6-6 record is slim.

BUT YA KNOW WHAT, I DONT GIVE A :censored: :soapbox: !!!!!!!!! I want the to make the playoffs. I think that if we make the playoffs its a big boost to the team and the fans. it also makes other free agents want to come here because we had some success and they want to be on a winning team.

we havent been to the playoffs in this millineum. at least i dont think we have. 1999 was our last appearance right? oh well who cares dont feel like looking it up :finger:

PLAYOFFS!!!!!! its the biggest word in the NFL. if u go to the playoffs at least u still have a chance to win. if u dont make the playoffs then u will never know.

So this if for the playoffs :cheers: i hope we make it and beat the Colts for the superbowl!!

uhh yeah its a bit of a stretch, most likely wont happen, but i will never lose the faith!!! THIS IS MY TEAM GO SKINZ!!!!!!

(i should have made my name skinzfan4life lol)

Think about it. If we dont win the superbowl, what good is it to make the playoffs. if we make the playoffs we just get a worse draft pick. We already arent getting a 1st round pick so why make our 2nd round pick that much worse? besides the chances of us winning the superbowl right now at a 6-6 record is slim.

Outside of first and early second rounders, the rest of a draft is a crapshoot as far as finding players whose skills translate well into NFL play. We don't even have a shot at getting a high 2nd round pick because there are teams with much worse records out there as it is. There's no logic to the argument at all.

Yes, we would want to make the playoffs. That's the reason why Joe Gibbs is here again. We could easily be sitting on a 9-2 or even 10-1 record but some games have gotten away from us. It really doesn't matter where we pick in the draft because the basis of the team now is what counts. We have a pretty good QB with tons of experience. We have decent running backs in Portis and Cartright although I doubt if Betts will be here next since he'll be a free agent. Our TEs/H-backs are just as super as the trio of Don Warren, Clint Didier, and Doc Walker. Our O Line are from running college programs. Defensively, we have a host of first rounders: Sean Taylor, Lavar Arrington, Marcus Washington, Walt Harris(not as good as he used to be), Carlos Rogers. We are set to win for the remainder of Gibbs 2nd tenure already.

Mark my words if we make it to the superbowl we wont be playing the Colts. Colts will lose in the playoffs when they actually play good teams.

like pittsburgh, jacksonville, cincinnati and new england?

oh wait, they already beat those teams.

maybe you meant denver, who hasn't won a playoff game since elway left.

like pittsburgh, jacksonville, cincinnati and new england?

oh wait, they already beat those teams.

maybe you meant denver, who hasn't won a playoff game since elway left.

I was wondering if anyone would bring that up....how many good teams are left in the afc that they haven't played

Outside of first and early second rounders, the rest of a draft is a crapshoot as far as finding players whose skills translate well into NFL play. We don't even have a shot at getting a high 2nd round pick because there are teams with much worse records out there as it is. There's no logic to the argument at all.

Yep. I wouldn't mind seeing even one playoff game this year, that would beat the expectations I had for this version of the Redskins going in.

Also, what are the draft priorities, anyway? IMO, its (not necessarily in this order) a punter, a place kicker, another DB, a few WRs. None of those positions really *need* to be high picks.

I was wondering if anyone would bring that up....how many good teams are left in the afc that they haven't played

Like skinsgotosuperbowl said the Chargers - whom they play 12/18 - could be the game of the year (though it will be hard to beat Colts vs. Bengals). Personally, i think the Chargers are a close third in the best team rankings:

1. Colts

2. Bengals

3. Chargers

They just haven't been playing as good as they should.

Archived