Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any analysts predicting Skins NFC East champs?

Dirtbag 28

Has anyone heard any recent predictions by sports analyst that the Redskins will take the NFC East? It seems they are not talked about much with playoffs are mentioned.

Why would they be? They beat a terrible St. Louis team. The same team that was getting beaten by the Houston Texans and had to come back and win it in overtime. One win won't cut it. They had lost 3 games prior to this one. Who in their right minds (professionally speaking, of course) would pick them to go to the playoffs? We're all fans here, so we believe, but why would an objective observer?

Why would they be? They beat a terrible St. Louis team. The same team that was getting beaten by the Houston Texans and had to come back and win it in overtime. One win won't cut it. They had lost 3 games prior to this one. Who in their right minds (professionally speaking, of course) would pick them to go to the playoffs? We're all fans here, so we believe, but why would an objective observer?

Well look at the close games we have lost. Chargers: Picked by many as the 2nd best team in the league. The Broncos: playoff contenders. Chiefs: Playoff contenders. Bucks: won by luck and are playoff contenders. That is a huge list of great teams. Plus our scheduale looks more appealing. I think we can win the East, not just as a fan. But because the numbers are there.:eaglesuck

Dude, are you smokin CRACK. Redskins dont have a chance even to get to the playoffs let alone being thought of as winning the NFC East. You must be a window licker from the short bus to be thinking this way.

Dude, are you BLIND?! The Skins are one game behind the Girlz who are one game behind the G'aints. We play both of them in OUR house. We already beat the Girlz in THEIR house, and the G'aints are the only team we have to be terribly concerned about. To say that we don't have a chance to make the 'offs means that YOU are the one smoking crack! We can get in to the 'offs either of two ways (as long as we keep winning). We have a BETTER chance of winning the division than by getting in with the wild card.

titansidewinder who is this nut punch why dont u crawl back under or back up in where ever u came from. We are only one game behind the cowgirls and two behind the giants. Last time i checked there were 16 games in a season now i know math is probably over your head so 12-16=4. Do the math retard it is very possible for us to win the division. Im so tired of these negative jerkoffs!!! By the way thanks for bieng classy over here tom the giants fan .

didnt clayton predict the skins a few weeks back to go 10-6 and win the east?

Yes he did.

It won't be hard to win the division if the Skins go 4-0. That would mean if Dallas wins the rest of their games, they're 10-6 and we win that tie.

And that would mean that the Giants would only have to lose one other game. And seeing as the Giants suck on the road, and they play 3 of the next 4 games on the road, and their 1 home game left is against KC. I can see them losing one of those. And at 10-6, we win that tie too.

But it all comes down to winning the next 4. If they can do that, they're in.

Edit: We can drop a game and go 3-1 if the Cowboys and Giants both lose an extra one too. :D

Im all for winning the division, but i dont think the experts will be thinking that way. They have no grounds for that, we have only beat the rams. Thats one game, we need to win 4 straight games, 3 of them divisional. I think at best, the experts are putting us as a possible team to sneak into a wildcard spot.

Even if we take 2nd place in the East, there are other NFC teams that might beat us out of a wild card. It's going to be tough to get in.

If we win out and are 10-6 possessing 2nd place in the NFC East we are in the playoffs. We wil have the best conference record amongst the other potential wildcards...

But if we win out, we will win the division so it wont matter...

#1Tie breaker over Dallas after a win @home

#2 Tie Breaker over Giants after winning @home and giants losing another game (which they will)

I don't get why it really matters that much. Until they actually prove that they deserve that talk they're not going to get it regardless how the fans feel. As it is, we're sitting 9th in the conference at .500 well out of any playoff talk. In two weeks this could all change with 2 wins but until that happens, don't expect much.

Actually, 2 out of the 3 analysts on CBS' pregame show picked the skins to win the Eas not to mention, possibly the smartest guy in football, John Clayton, picking us. I think we have a legit shot of winning the division if we don't the Gints will. Just need to play smart football and win the rest of our games and we will be in.

As a Skins fan I find it laughable that you are basing our chances on the fact that someone (two out of three) picked us to win. That is as intelligent as basing how good a team is on the "power rankings". NONE of what the media says matters. We are looking up a very steep hill to climb with the top being a playoff berth. Winning five in a row in the NFL is not something done all the time, but it is something that can be done. 3 of those wins have to come against teams we have a notoriously bad record against, the NFC East. We have one legitimate WR threat which a good defense will shut down. Our defense is injured and succeptible to the big play. Our conservative approach has allowed teams to stick with us when we should have been planting our foot on their throat and pressing down. Its a really steep hill. But I believe it can be done, with a little luck. Two home games against the two strongest teams left on our schedule. Two road games against teams we should beat. It can be done

if you look at our schedules and the cowboys schedule you might understand that reason. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The cowboys are overrated.

Well, that would be great except for the simple fact that we're not just competing with the Cowboys for the WildCard. There's a couple of other teams in the mix, in case you haven't heard ;)

Even if we take 2nd place in the East, there are other NFC teams that might beat us out of a wild card. It's going to be tough to get in.

2nd place in the NFCE will probably be 10-6. If we are 10-6...that means that both the Falcs and the Vikes only have to lose ONE more game a piece (which is NOT unlikely -- take a look at their schedules). If all 3 of us go 10-6 (Skins, Falcs, Vikes) the REDSKINS get the Wild Card. I am assuming the Bucs get the other Wild Card. It's not as tough as you think....

Well, as for the original question, actually the Redskins have been mentioned everytime the playoff question comes up, and it should.

Yes we are two games out of first in the NFC East and one game behind the wildcard spot. Yes there are about 5 teams all vying for the two NFC wild cards spots and no, we are not some team on the rise. But when you look at all the teams in the race for the two spots.. there is no reason to assume the skins don't have a very good and legit chance to get in this year. Every team in the race has been spotty at best, losing games they should have won, winning games they should have lost. Out of all the teams in the race, the Skins have one of the easier schedules, giving us the best chance to make the run. Our two road games are against opponents we should beat, our two toughest are at home against opponents that aren't so hot away from home. It's going to be a race to the finish, but until we lose at least two more games... we are right in the thinck of things.

Archived