Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Bench Portis

dynamite argument there KDawg. 5 posts? yes, superioir logic indeed. you may spew babble all day long adding up to 3000 posts, but it sure doesn't lend any credence to your knowledge.

to the guy who said i had no more "sence" then an animal cookie. please look at that word REAL hard and re-examine what "sence" is. LOL

who would i replace portis with? easy, betts.

:banhim:

dynamite argument there KDawg. 5 posts? yes, superioir logic indeed. you may spew babble all day long adding up to 3000 posts, but it sure doesn't lend any credence to your knowledge.

to the guy who said i had no more "sence" then an animal cookie. please look at that word REAL hard and re-examine what "sence" is. LOL

who would i replace portis with? easy, betts.

HatesEveryone:

All you've done since you've arrived is attack other members. Not so good.

Then you question people's spelling of "sence" when you can't even spell superior.

You realize that Betts is injured, right?

My advice, relax, and get a sense of this place before you start attacking people that are part of this community, or "cult." :)

It might be a good idea for you to read the Rules & Guidelines that you agreed to abide by.

HatesEveryone:

All you've done since you've arrived is attack other members. Not so good.

Then you question people's spelling of "sence" when you can't even spell superior.

You realize that Betts is injured, right?

My advice, relax, and get a sense of this place before you start attacking people that are part of this community, or "cult." :)

It might be a good idea for you to read the Rules & Guidelines that you agreed to abide by.

actually i just fired back at the folks who attacked me. is that not allowed? can those who dish it out not take it? this is a discussion forum, presumably to throw out new ideas and opinions. did you want me to ride the fence and talk about things we all know? are you the forum police for ideas not agreed with? some thoughts to ponder........also, superior was an obvious typo. "sence" was not.

actually i just fired back at the folks who attacked me. is that not allowed? can those who dish it out not take it? this is a discussion forum, presumably to throw out new ideas and opinions. did you want me to ride the fence and talk about things we all know? are you the forum police for ideas not agreed with? some thoughts to ponder........also, superior was an obvious typo. "sence" was not.

First of all, relax a little.

Second, this topic has been discussed 10000000 times over in the correct forum. (The Stadium)

For you to come in and start a thread, in the wrong forum, about a touchy subject that has been discussed ad-naseum, what reaction did you expect?

Seriously.

If you want everyone's views on the subject, you can use the search function for this site and find the threads that talk about this very thing.

But anyways welcome to the site. Listen to Iheart.... you might want to familiarize yourself a little with the culture and etiquette of the site before you throw a candle into the fireworks factory.

or not.

I would agree that Portis is impatient, but that's not enough cause to bench him. As far as falling forwards, are you sure we're watching the same games? Running into the middle of the pile with his size he may not be able to push 5 men out of the way, but he certainly falls forward for the extra tough yard.

I also found it interesting that you admitted his improvement and yet still found benching him to be a good idea. I don't believe Betts is in shape to replace Portis now, making your argument somewhat moot anyway.

Just as a question, how is judging LiveStrong on the basis of his age any different than your being judged on the number of your posts? If you're going to demand that your ideas stand on their own merit, you have to give everyone else on this board that respect as well.

First of all, relax a little.

Second, this topic has been discussed 10000000 times over in the correct forum. (The Stadium)

For you to come in and start a thread, in the wrong forum, about a touchy subject that has been discussed ad-naseum, what reaction did you expect?

Seriously.

If you want everyone's views on the subject, you can use the search function for this site and find the threads that talk about this very thing.

But anyways welcome to the site. Listen to Iheart.... you might want to familiarize yourself a little with the culture and etiquette of the site before you throw a candle into the fireworks factory.

or not.

i expected opposition for sure, without the insults. those claiming cocaine abuse, and "ban him" signs are stooping to some pretty low levels, and resembling the ESPN board. i was honestly in "the stadium" forum when i started the thread. for whatever reason, it posted on this one. perhaps i should be burned at the stake?

iheartskins,

are you not attacking me (an other member) when you address me as "hateseveryone" ? please don't be hypocritical if you're going to lecture. it undermines your point. i then, would also refer to the rules and guidelines you signed up for, as well.

thanks,

:doh: ... :ciao:

Dude, relax, pace yourself.

i expected opposition for sure, without the insults. those claiming cocaine abuse, and "ban him" signs are stooping to some pretty low levels, and resembling the ESPN board.

Well you gotta admit, some of them were pretty funny ;)

Seriously... don't take things so seriously, you're going to have a heart attack. :)

i was honestly in "the stadium" forum when i started the thread. for whatever reason, it posted on this one. perhaps i should be burned at the stake?

That's only punishment for starting a 'Snyder Sux' thread.

'Portis Sux' threads in the wrong forum would only warrant losing your toenails one at a time by way of rusty pliers. But don't worry, they grow back. ;)

i expected opposition for sure, without the insults. those claiming cocaine abuse, and "ban him" signs are stooping to some pretty low levels, and resembling the ESPN board. i was honestly in "the stadium" forum when i started the thread. for whatever reason, it posted on this one. perhaps i should be burned at the stake?

The thing is, people here can actually comprened your tone. . .

When you say things like. . . educate yourself, you're to young, I have to "dummy down" what the hell do you expect people to think?

Then when you get called out on moronic behavior, you have the unmittigated gall to call out somebodies spelling and say you are being attacked? Seriously, if you expect to be treated with respect, at least have the common courtesy of acting in a respectful manner yourself. . . maybe then people wouldn't call you out for being a complete and utter jacka$$. . . which is exactly how you acted here so far.

As for Portis not being patient??? Seriously, you obviously have not watched enough football, and you do not know the game at all to say he isn't patient. He does his job, and it is how he is utilized as to how he runs. if it is an off-tackle play, which Gibbs likes to run, you don't want to be "patient" but you want to hit the hole hard. If it is a lot of stretch plays with cut back blocks, ie. Denver's offense, then you need patience. Portis has patience, you just do not understand what the game or the position entials and what skill set is needed for different types plays.

I would suggest you start to tone down you rhetiorc as well. . .

:2cents:

iheartskins,

are you not attacking me (an other member) when you address me as "hateseveryone" ? please don't be hypocritical if you're going to lecture. it undermines your point. i then, would also refer to the rules and guidelines you signed up for, as well.

thanks,

Here's where the fact that you didn't take some time to familiarize yourself with the Board and its culture for awhile is tripping you up. As would have been clear had you taken that time, this Board is not about being the thought police or anything related thereto. It's about the free exchange of ideas. When someone unknown to the community comes in here and makes, and brace for it now, a ridiculous thread topic like "Bench Portis" after the RB in question has run for over 100 yards and two TDs, there's going to be a little ribbing. It pays to have some thick skin. Another thing that you still haven't grasped is that we are friends here. Just in this thread alone, I know most of these people personally and consider them friends. Friends tend to stick behind one another especially in the face of absurdity spewed from a newbie.

You're not going to catch me in any kind of hypocritical stance...if you'd read the Rules and Guidelines, as I suggested, then you'd have certainly come across this rule. I know it's the last one, but I'd hope that you'd have the patience to read all the way:

18. Adhere to the advice and recommendations of the ExtremeSkins.com Staff. Moderators are appointed because they exemplify the characteristics, attitude and values consistent with the standards set for the site. They have been instructed to enforce board rules, guidelines and policies exercising as much restraint as possible, and in such a way to encourage free expression of opinion. They have been entrusted and empowered with the ability and authority to achieve that standard.

ExtremeSkins allows a wide range of discussion. Please refrain from unfounded charges of censorship or other moderator action taken against a member on the grounds an ExtremeSkins Staffer (or team official) simply didn’t like the content of the opinion. We will never remove content from our community based on our personal views of the validity of that opinion. The team will not prevent any communication that is harsh or critical of the team. As a member, if you are engaged for a violation of the rules and happen to have expressed a viewpoint in opposition to that of the ES Staff, the engagement is due to an actual rule violation and not due to the content of the idea. The simple expression of our viewpoints that may be contrary to those of any member is not action against you and should not inspire charges of censorship. ES Staff members have an opinion they are allowed to express too.

These Rules and Guidelines have been promulgated and implemented with the best interest of the community in mind, and with the experience of five years of moderating one of the most active and successful sports-related message boards on the web. We thank you for your attention and cooperation in learning and respecting the rules.

So that's that.

Another issue here is that you started this thread twice. Once here in the Tailgate, and once in the Stadium. If you did that as a mistake, then that's alright. You're new and you're granted a little latitude (though if you'd taken a little time to familiarize yourself with the customs here, then that might not have happened). If you did that intentionally, then that's spamming the Board--which, coincidentally, is also against the rules.

As to "HatesEveryone," it was easier to remember than the list of teams you don't like. Ease up--you'll enjoy it more.

I would agree that Portis is impatient, but that's not enough cause to bench him. As far as falling forwards, are you sure we're watching the same games? Running into the middle of the pile with his size he may not be able to push 5 men out of the way, but he certainly falls forward for the extra tough yard.

I also found it interesting that you admitted his improvement and yet still found benching him to be a good idea. I don't believe Betts is in shape to replace Portis now, making your argument somewhat moot anyway.

Just as a question, how is judging LiveStrong on the basis of his age any different than your being judged on the number of your posts? If you're going to demand that your ideas stand on their own merit, you have to give everyone else on this board that respect as well.

i actually didn't admit any improvement on his part. maybe someone else wrote this? regarding the falling forward thing. when its 3rd and 2, and they hand it off to CP, how confident are you that he'll get the 2?

age & # of posts ARE two completely different issues. when i was 20, i thought i knew it all. now that i'm older, i realize you're going to be wrong in life, but i also realize the types of things you get better at with age......and that is recognizing greatness, or a lack thereof. # of posts is just a reflection of how many times you hit "submit reply"; it evokes no life experience in my mind.

yes, betts is hurt right now. i am talking in a more universal perspective. not in a "start him against arizona" cry.

That's only punishment for starting a 'Snyder Sux' thread.

'Portis Sux' threads in the wrong forum would only warrant losing your toenails one at a time by way of rusty pliers. But don't worry, they grow back. ;)

It hurts though, don't get me wrong HatesEveryone. It hurts. :)

Here's where the fact that you didn't take some time to familiarize yourself with the Board and its culture for awhile is tripping you up. As would have been clear had you taken that time, this Board is not about being the thought police or anything related thereto. It's about the free exchange of ideas. When someone unknown to the community comes in here and makes, and brace for it now, a ridiculous thread topic like "Bench Portis" after the RB in question has run for over 100 yards and two TDs, there's going to be a little ribbing. It pays to have some thick skin. Another thing that you still haven't grasped is that we are friends here. Just in this thread alone, I know most of these people personally and consider them friends. Friends tend to stick behind one another especially in the face of absurdity spewed from a newbie.

You're not going to catch me in any kind of hypocritical stance...if you'd read the Rules and Guidelines, as I suggested, then you'd have certainly come across this rule. I know it's the last one, but I'd hope that you'd have the patience to read all the way:

So that's that.

Another issue here is that you started this thread twice. Once here in the Tailgate, and once in the Stadium. If you did that as a mistake, then that's alright. You're new and you're granted a little latitude (though if you'd taken a little time to familiarize yourself with the customs here, then that might not have happened). If you did that intentionally, then that's spamming the Board--which, coincidentally, is also against the rules.

As to "HatesEveryone," it was easier to remember than the list of teams you don't like. Ease up--you'll enjoy it more.

so that's that? i don't see how i violated any rule. so i guess that's NOT that.

you telling me to ease up after you paste rules and regulations goes beyond hypocritical.

please refer to my prior post about actually being in "the stadium" when i posted this thread. for whatever reason, it was posted here. i re-posted in the correct forum, as instructed by the helpful brethren here. my apologies.

you are thorough, for sure.....but you claim to not have the time to list all the teams i hate. there are three: yankees, duke, cowboys on my screen name.

free forum to post ideas right?

The thing is, people here can actually comprened your tone. . .

When you say things like. . . educate yourself, you're to young, I have to "dummy down" what the hell do you expect people to think?

Then when you get called out on moronic behavior, you have the unmittigated gall to call out somebodies spelling and say you are being attacked? Seriously, if you expect to be treated with respect, at least have the common courtesy of acting in a respectful manner yourself. . . maybe then people wouldn't call you out for being a complete and utter jacka$$. . . which is exactly how you acted here so far.

As for Portis not being patient??? Seriously, you obviously have not watched enough football, and you do not know the game at all to say he isn't patient. He does his job, and it is how he is utilized as to how he runs. if it is an off-tackle play, which Gibbs likes to run, you don't want to be "patient" but you want to hit the hole hard. If it is a lot of stretch plays with cut back blocks, ie. Denver's offense, then you need patience. Portis has patience, you just do not understand what the game or the position entials and what skill set is needed for different types plays.

I would suggest you start to tone down you rhetiorc as well. . .

:2cents:

you seem like a nice guy.

so that's that? i don't see how i violated any rule. so i guess that's NOT that.

you telling me to ease up after you paste rules and regulations goes beyond hypocritical.

please refer to my prior post about actually being in "the stadium" when i posted this thread. for whatever reason, it was posted here. i re-posted in the correct forum, as instructed by the helpful brethren here. my apologies.

you are thorough, for sure.....but you claim to not have the time to list all the teams i hate. there are three: yankees, duke, cowboys on my screen name.

free forum to post ideas right?

dude, everybody is just asking you to calm down and get to know the board and the people. You seem to be the only one still on the defensive. take a pill and realize they are just trying to help you help you get started here

are you all part of livestrong's cult? his gang? his afterschool club? jeeze, just b/c the guy has 5 million posts on this board does NOT make him knowledgeable. apparently, i'm incapable of dummying down far enough.......for if you do not see the impatience in his running, i can't help you. also, on his long TD run, randy thomas was the only guy who touched him.

age has a lot to do with understanding of the game. it takes years of watching certain backs, in certain types of offenses to recognize who might be the best fit. why do you think shanahan was so eager to get rid of him?

Gee, you should be an NFL GM. :rolleyes:

Being 20 has nothing to do with it. Age is nothing. Have you played football past the high school level? You are older than Tom Brady, do you know more than him? :rolleyes:

Yes I am 20 but I have played in college as well as coached wideouts at my old high school. It kind of makes you look stupid to hold on to the age thing.

Archived