Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Bench Portis

crazy right? i know his avg. is up, yes.......so i started to think about what bothers me with his running style. he either gets a 9 yard gain, or a 1 yard gain. the net avg. ends up looking halfway decent, but there are WAY too many 1 yard runs from this guy. Rock & Betts seem to fall forward for 3 yard gains, while Portis doesn't actually break any tackles.

we brought in gerald riggs to to be THE GUY, but soon realized byner was the better back, and allocated riggs to goal-line duty. i say, make portis the 3rd down guy and put the positive yardage guys in there on 1st and 2nd down.

Not only an idiotic post, but its in the wrong spot. Please learn about the game of football and schemes before making stupid comments that have already been beaten to death. There is a reason he is up there with all time greats to start off a career. If we stopped running him straight into the heart of the defense 90% of the time we would see an unstoppable Portis.

and we should bench Portis because he is 7th in the league in rushing, or because he is on pace for another 1400 yard season or that he is a mere 93 yards behind argueably the best back in the NFL? or that he is eight in total yards from scrimmage by rbs?

crazy right? i know his avg. is up, yes.......so i started to think about what bothers me with his running style. he either gets a 9 yard gain, or a 1 yard gain. the net avg. ends up looking halfway decent, but there are WAY too many 1 yard runs from this guy. Rock & Betts seem to fall forward for 3 yard gains, while Portis doesn't actually break any tackles.

Not only is CP 7th in the league in rushing, but I saw somewhere that he is in the top 3 or something in 4 to 7 yard runs...

you can argue that he's not a typical Gibbs back, but it's hard to argue the numbers he puts up

can anyone answer why he goes down after the first hit? can anyone answer why he doesn't fall forward? like i said, the stats make it look like he's having a great season, but this falls in the same category as the emmitt smith vs. barry sanders debate.

LiveStrong, you're too young to fully understand this game yet, so calm down on the condescending tone before i have to dummy-down to you. do you need me to educate you on the patience of a RB waiting for holes to open up? apparently, you do, b/c Portis is one of the most impatient runners i have ever seen, and this is the primary reason he gets tripped up so often.

can anyone answer why he goes down after the first hit? can anyone answer why he doesn't fall forward? like i said, the stats make it look like he's having a great season, but this falls in the same category as the emmitt smith vs. barry sanders debate.

LiveStrong, you're too young to fully understand this game yet, so calm down on the condescending tone before i have to dummy-down to you. do you need me to educate you on the patience of a RB waiting for holes to open up? apparently, you do, b/c Portis is one of the most impatient runners i have ever seen, and this is the primary reason he gets tripped up so often.

well then, nice 4th post... :doh:

Did you watch the game yesterday? Obviously not. Portis was breaking tackles like it was his business.

I'll wait for the "It was only one game" before I have to "dummy down" to you and educate you.

Livestrong is a respected member of this board.

Who do you suggest we replace Portis with?

:doh:

He's the best football player on this team minus maybe Taylor, and he's the one guy that teams game plan for every Sunday. Stopping him is still a chore, did you see what he did to Tampa's top tier defense?

Your suggestion to bench Portis holds no weight. I suggest you find a clue about football before you post this nonsense.

are you all part of livestrong's cult? his gang? his afterschool club? jeeze, just b/c the guy has 5 million posts on this board does NOT make him knowledgeable. apparently, i'm incapable of dummying down far enough.......for if you do not see the impatience in his running, i can't help you. also, on his long TD run, randy thomas was the only guy who touched him.

age has a lot to do with understanding of the game. it takes years of watching certain backs, in certain types of offenses to recognize who might be the best fit. why do you think shanahan was so eager to get rid of him?

LiveStrong, you're too young to fully understand this game yet, so calm down on the condescending tone before i have to dummy-down to you.

You come on here start a thread about benching Portis, [and in the wrong forum],and then you slam a guy you don't know because he is 20.

You sir don't have the sence God gave an animal cookie.

are you all part of livestrong's cult? his gang? his afterschool club? jeeze, just b/c the guy has 5 million posts on this board does NOT make him knowledgeable. apparently, i'm incapable of dummying down far enough.......for if you do not see the impatience in his running, i can't help you. also, on his long TD run, randy thomas was the only guy who touched him.

age has a lot to do with understanding of the game. it takes years of watching certain backs, in certain types of offenses to recognize who might be the best fit. why do you think shanahan was so eager to get rid of him?

You're proving not to be very knowledgable, and you only have 5 posts...

we brought in gerald riggs to to be THE GUY, but soon realized byner was the better back, and allocated riggs to goal-line duty. i say, make portis the 3rd down guy and put the positive yardage guys in there on 1st and 2nd down.

YOU'RE AN IDIOT! :doh:

You're proving not to be very knowledgable, and you only have 5 posts...

dynamite argument there KDawg. 5 posts? yes, superioir logic indeed. you may spew babble all day long adding up to 3000 posts, but it sure doesn't lend any credence to your knowledge.

to the guy who said i had no more "sence" then an animal cookie. please look at that word REAL hard and re-examine what "sence" is. LOL

who would i replace portis with? easy, betts.

Archived