Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff question.

Sherlock Holmes

what the redskins need to do in order to get to the playoffs, i've run the scenario through my head 1000000 times.

week 14 - we beat Arizona, Kansas City beats Dallas, NY Giants beat Philly, therefore causing a tie in second place between the Skins and boys.

week 15- we beat Dallas, IF Kansas City beats NY Giants we get launched into a tie for first place (i know its a stretch but it is possible because the Chiefs are going to be playing for keeps.

week 16- we have NY Giants at home and if everythign else works out, it's a game for sole possetion of first place. Dallas place Carolina IN carolina this week

week 17- St Louis plays Dallas AT Dallas, Dallas should win this game seing as ST Louis's playoffs are almost out. WOULD BE GREAT if St Louis could pull off that upset. Giants play AT Oakland and Oakland can beat thme if they minimize mistakes. We play Philly AT Philly so we can finish out this season winning.

it is possible.....

these guys are making it very difficult to understand. Here's the basic answer: if we win out, we need the giants to just lose one more game. If that happens then we'll end at a 10-6 record with the Giants, but we'll have the tie breaker over them based on divison record.

Or, to make the playoffs with the wild card, we need to have a better record than 3 of these teams: Bucs, Falcons, Cowgirls, and the Vikings. Given that the giants and the panthers win the division.

We'd also like to see the Panthers beat the Bucs. At this point lets not crowd the wildcard teams. The best thing for us is for the division leaders (except for NY) to go ahead and keep winning and beat down the wild card contenders back to us as we catch up. Go seattle tonight, go panthers next week

To win the NFC East:

Redskins win out plus:

New York loses once either at Philadelphia, vs. Kansas City, or at Oakland

To earn a Wild Card spot:

Redskins win out plus:

Atlanta loses once (vs. New Orleans, at Chicago, at Tampa Bay, at Carolina)

Minnesota loses once (vs. St. Louis, vs. Pittsburgh, at Baltimore, at Chicago)

The Skins could also pass Tampa Bay for a Wild Card spot, but the Bucs would probably have to lose 3 out of the last 4, since they have a head-to-head victory over the Skins.

We'd also like to see the Panthers beat the Bucs. At this point lets not crowd the wildcard teams. The best thing for us is for the division leaders (except for NY) to go ahead and keep winning and beat down the wild card contenders back to us as we catch up. Go seattle tonight, go panthers next week

TB would have to lose 3 of their last 4 for the Skins to get a WC spot OVER them, as per tie breaker rules. This will probably not happen. Skins are basically shooting for the Division or one WC spot(TB has the other).

these guys are making it very difficult to understand. Here's the basic answer: if we win out, we need the giants to just lose one more game. If that happens then we'll end at a 10-6 record with the Giants, but we'll have the tie breaker over them based on divison record.

Or, to make the playoffs with the wild card, we need to have a better record than 3 of these teams: Bucs, Falcons, Cowgirls, and the Vikings. Given that the giants and the panthers win the division.

you say THEY made it difficult to understand.

For division: we win out and Giants lose to any of Philly KC or Oak

For wild card: we win out and Falcons AND Vikings each lose one of their last 4

That's how you simplify bro.

is it possible for us to make it if we lose one of the next 4???

Yes, we could lose one and still win the division. For example, if the Giants and Cowboys both lose the next two games, we could win the East by beating the Giants 3 weeks from now (provided we win the next two). I posted this scenario in another thread:

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130521&page=4

It's very optimistic, but here's to hoping!

Just for the record Tampa is @ Carolina this week, @ New England next, then @ home with Atlanta and then New Orleans. So this team is definately capable of imploding. They beat the Saints 10-3 after Brooks threw 4 INTs. :laugh:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Everyone's thinking about what has to happen with other NFC teams for us to get in, but the major factor is the Skins winning out. It's going to be very hard for us to sweep the NFC East at the end...even 1 loss will kill us.

I know it's possible. We've had a very tough schedule and played some of the best teams in the NFL very closely (Chicago, Seattle, Denver, KC, Tampa Bay, SD). I hope we have learned how to close out games in the fourth quarter...imagine how much better our playoff hopes would be if we had won even one of the 3 in that losing stretch.

HAIL SKINS

I got a buddy in Boston, and I realized talking to him this morning we're a lot like the Patriots. They have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league, we have the 3rd toughest. They're 7-5, we're 6-6. Everybody thinks the Pats suck this year, but maybe part of that is their schedule. Also, they've had a ton of guys hurt, and most of them are getting better and coming back. I think they'll be at Indy for the divisional playoff round.

FACT: We should beat Arizona.

FACT: We should beat Cowboys at home.

FACT: We should beat Giants at home.

I think the toughest game is @ Philly. But with the Eagles in disarray, anything can happen.

I see Cowboys finishing 9-7. But even if Cowboys finish at 10-6 it may not matter. If the Eagles can get hot and handle the Giants at Philly next week, Giants should finish 10-6. Then, if Redskins win out at 10-6, Redskin win the division.

Archived