Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turnover Turn-around...Luck? Or issue resolved? (Merged)

EnFoRcEr_uPu

Our TO ratio for the first 10 games of the season was -13, tied for the worst in the NFL. Our TO ratio for the last 2 games is +5(2 picks by Rogers who I am in love with btw =D ). Do you think this is just a luck streak or has the issue finally been resolved?

Also, do you think Rogers is the spark that this secondary needed to get on a role? First INT by any of our CB's was last week by Rogers. Now after just 2 games of him playing, we have 4.

I don't know, but I'm really glad we're finally starting Rogers. That interception pretty much sealed the game for us.

I hope we've turned it around. I'd like to see our turnover ration go +8 over the next 4 games, so that for the season we'll break even. Of course, I'll be happy as long as we win.

I don't know, but I'm really glad we're finally starting Rogers. That interception pretty much sealed the game for us.

I hope we've turned it around. I'd like to see our turnover ration go +8 over the next 4 games, so that for the season we'll break even. Of course, I'll be happy as long as we win.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Luck is part of it, like that botched hand off to jackson. Bad throws are part of it - harvard qb, drew brees lofty passes - i knew we'd have a field day with him. But we're workin for them. We also haven't been throwing the ball much, we ran a lot yesterday,and a lot last week - so that reduces the odds of a brunell fumble or an interception. Somehow brunell still managed to fumble the ball yesterday. But from a strictly technical standpoint our ratio has been great the passed 2 weeks. I don't think we can rely on that to continue, but it's nice when it happens.

I would consider teh saftey also a fumble. The worse kind where you get automatic 2 points and still the other team gets the ball.

We need to keep this up. IMO the only reason whey the Giants right now have an 8-4 record is because of turnovers. Look how close we came to beating a team that is much better than ours, SD. Because we had a better turnover ration. Its rather simple actually.

Griffin + Rogers > injured D line + Harris

Result = More TOs

Bingo

Have Griffin back is huge, and we can see our d-line getting more pressure both on running and passing downs

Brunell though still needs to figure out how to hold on to the ball in the pocket. Each and every game you are guranteed to have Brunell drop it at least once when he is touched

he needs to learn to to "tuck" the ball :laugh:

Griffin + Rogers > injured D line + Harris

Result = More TOs

It is simple in a way, but we aren't giving the other team the ball either.

Also, as much as it was the worst type of fumble you have to give brunell some credit for being heads up on that play. By running and throwing that ball out of the endzone, he saved 5 points.

Bingo

Have Griffin back is huge, and we can see our d-line getting more pressure both on running and passing downs

Brunell though still needs to figure out how to hold on to the ball in the pocket. Each and every game you are guranteed to have Brunell drop it at least once when he is touched

he needs to learn to to "tuck" the ball :laugh:

Let's not forget that Portis actually hit Brunells arm/the ball on that play. It was partly his fault, partly Portis'. I think it was just a bad play call to have Brunell fall straight back rather than to the right atleast a little bit seeing how Portis had to head to the right to make his block.

How are we going to avoid that stuff that kills us next week? Mainly TO's on the road, I mean, is it me, or is a back breaking TO almost inevitable next week? I'm far from doom and gloom, but this game coming up SMELLLLLLLLS like a heartbreaker. But then, we were plus 3 against the chargers and still lost...

How are we going to avoid that stuff that kills us next week? Mainly TO's on the road, I mean, is it me, or is a back breaking TO almost inevitable next week? I'm far from doom and gloom, but this game coming up SMELLLLLLLLS like a heartbreaker. But then, we were plus 3 against the chargers and still lost...

Good job at being incredibly negative for no apparent reason. We win a game and have been +5 in the TO ratio in the last 2 weeks, yet you still complain that we will lose. Please go somewhere else if that is the attitude you will have.

Technically, the safety does not count as a turn over. But in any event, the Skins did not turn the ball over to the Chargers or the Rams. We picked Drew Brees off 3 times and unfortuneatly lost in OT. Good teams like San Diego can on accasion win despite losing the turn over battle. Teams like the Rams and the upcoming Cardinals can not!

The only way we lose to Arizona is if we turn the ball over. Warner will committ at least 2 turn overs himself be it interceptions or fumbles. We MUST convert those turn overs into points and continue to protect the ball as we have the last 2 games.

Of course, 3rd down dropped passes can almost be counted as turn overs...soething that plagued us against San Diego...but at this point, I'll settle for no picks and no fumbles. :)

I know! This was a big problem that we have had for most of the season and it now appears that we have fixed it with a +5 Turnover ratio in the last two games.

Now hopefully the Skins will be able to win games in the 4th quarter, which they did last week.

It will be interesting to keep track of this through the end of the season and see if improvement = wins. I'm not a fan of over-simplification which is so popular here (i.e. "we lost because <insert scapegoat du jour>".

But if we end up with a season-long correlation between turnover ratio and w/l record (as it does in the nfl >75% of the time) it puts a lot of the other oft-posted gripes in better context.

The only way we lose to Arizona is if we turn the ball over. Warner will committ at least 2 turn overs himself be it interceptions or fumbles. We MUST convert those turn overs into points and continue to protect the ball as we have the last 2 games.

Ugh. I'm having trouble with flashbacks to the last time we played Warner and had like 20 fumbles/ints in the game. Hopefully we can force his turnovers and limit ours.

Archived