Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers - more like Green, Smoot, or Bailey?

Zguy28

he's already better than Smoot in the tackling category.. that is half the battle.. he will get better with coverage as he matures more and has more gametime experience.. D. Green was a master of his trade so i mean das no comparison.. I believe Carlos is just shaping up to be Carlos 4 real 4 real

I'm not sure really, but he is amazing for being a rookie(or period for that matter). The thing is though, he actually turns to the ball as soon as it arrives. It's like he can read the receivers eyes. I've noticed that Harris and Springs almost NEVER turn to the ball. You'll see them try and swat at the receiver a lot of times when the ball gets there, but its usually too late.

Carlos will be like whoever he works hard to be. It's very early, but too many people get into the business of comparing one person to another when the truth of the matter is that each person is different and brings different skill and qualities to the position. One thing is certain; Carlos is looking better than Walt Harris. I'm starting to think that Walt’s troubles are due to the fact that he has been looking over his shoulder. Walt has had visions of Carlos making plays ever since training camp. We have just started o see what he can do based on game action.

So far I'd say Smoot. He doesn't cover like a blanket (like Green or, to a lesser extent, Bailey) but he makes big plays.

In any case, he's definately better than Harris. :)

That's kind of where I was leaning too. Hopefully he doesn't take any cruises on the Potomac.

Anyway, it looks like he is growing in confidence and wisdom. I was a little upset at the way the commentators were downing him for laying back on T. Holt, but I thought it was kind of smart for a rookie. He was willin to give him the short pass, but not let him get behind him for the big one. Call it conservative if you like... but I'll take a win anyday and in any way!

All I know is that the kid is big, physical, and fast. It took Smoot 3 years to warm up and start playing like a pro (remember the trade rumors with Detroit 3 years ago). I really like the kid and think he will be a great corner for us in the future for a very long time. I also like the fact that he wants to be a Redskin. When he got drafted, a reporter had asked him if he was going to be as good as D Green, he replied that he was going to be better than him. I like the attitude and even though it's early to tell if he ever will, I won't be suprised if he becomes the best corner in Skins history.

Carlos Rogers is very similar to Shaun Springs. Springs covers better but he is more seasoned. Carlos Rogers is going to be very dependable for a long time. He is going to compliment ST much better than Antrelle Rolle or Pac Man Jones. So glad we got this guy.

He reminds me of Champ Bailey but with much better ball skills. He doesn't have Bailey's instincts yet to move quickly on the short passes or runs (or Springs for that matter). But on those deep balls he reminds me of Bailey, except that he actually makes plays on the ball.

He reminds me of Champ Bailey but with much better ball skills. He doesn't have Bailey's instincts yet to move quickly on the short passes or runs (or Springs for that matter). But on those deep balls he reminds me of Bailey, except that he actually makes plays on the ball.

Yeah, as good of a cover corner as Champ is, he never seemed to make plays on the ball. Sure he deflected a lot of passes, but I'm talking interceptions. I think Champs strength is his ability to stop yards after the catch.

Carlos is going to be great. I just hope he stays in DC for a long time.

He has impressed me alot the past couple of weeks. He's gonna need to keep it up because he is really going to be tested this week with Bolden and Fitzgerald:rolleyes: .

:logo: :dallasuck

Why are you rolling your eyes? Boldin and Fitzgerald are very good. The Cardinals may suck, but they have a very good recieving duo.

Considering this kid lost a lot of practice in the off season do to the injury I say his is doing an increadible job. He still gives too much room sometimes but I bet that is Gregg Williams telling him not to get burned deep. He certainly can put in the INTs and as his confidence builds he will be going a little more for the ball. However for me the most impressive thing about this kid is his tackling skills. He has also forced a few fumbles this year. Great pick by us over Mike Williams and pacman is a bust IMO. Rolle did get injured so we can't judge but right now I say he was by far the best pick for CB in the draft.

How about Ty law? He was drafted for his all around skills. We saw his ability to come up and support in the run early on, he looks like a tough guy, aggressive, and a real solid tackler.

All signs are encouraging in the passing games. Carlos seems to have good speed and is more athletic than I had expected. Looks like he can be very effective in zone or man to man. If we can be solid up front, Carlos should be probowl caliber every year.

Carlos Rogers has massive potential. Of course any fan hopes he'll turn into Darrell Green. He uses his intuition for coverage, and oftentimes when you think "why is he hanging 5-10 yards back from his man?" it is him using his instincts about the play and trying to prevent a touchdown. Hopefully he can use this intuition and develop his skills so it will turn into better coverage and still keep his good run support. :helmet:

All I know is that the kid is big, physical, and fast. It took Smoot 3 years to warm up and start playing like a pro (remember the trade rumors with Detroit 3 years ago). I really like the kid and think he will be a great corner for us in the future for a very long time. I also like the fact that he wants to be a Redskin. When he got drafted, a reporter had asked him if he was going to be as good as D Green, he replied that he was going to be better than him. I like the attitude and even though it's early to tell if he ever will, I won't be suprised if he becomes the best corner in Skins history.

I like Carlos but nobody beats D. Green. The guy was just phenomenal on and off the field. Great personality and highly intelligent. That was one great Redskin that always took one for the team.

Archived