Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you transfer Season Tickets?

glightning

Howdy folks...newbie here.

Question, my cousin is trying to get rid of her season tickets, since her husband has since passed away...and she is not that big of a football fan. She has asked me if I want them, but I'm wondering if there is any legit way to transfer her tickets to my name.

I read on the Season Tix info page, and it looks like there is two possible ways, but I'm not really sure if this is on the up-and-up.

1) She can change "her" address, and just have them come to my address, and possible add a name for "care of" or "attention"

2) It says you can transfer them to immediate family members names, and state your relationship to them. Since we're not really immediate family, I'm wondering if this would work.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

There's not a formal contract like with clubs, suites, etc. But there's an agreement you're supposed to abide to, which is printed on the back of each ticket (e.g. you may not sell a season ticket package for any price, etc.)

I'd just politely offer to pay for your cousin's season ticket package every year. Let her send the check in, let her send you the tix. That's what I'd do.

Yeah, I guess. I just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation, and how they went about it.

Maybe we'll do the addy change thing.

If she changes her address.. she will still have to send in the payment in her name... as any refunds (i.e., playoff moneys not used) will go back to the ticketholder and the back will state "must be endorsed by payee"...

I'd just send her the money, have her send you the tickets if she's willing to do that.

They do allow transfers only to immediate family: parent, child, sibbling, spouse. When Imoved to Florida a nephew of mine joked that I should transfer my tickets to his name. I, jokingly of course, suggested it would only be possible if I transfered them first to my brother (his dad) and his dad would then have to transfer them to him. I imagine you guys could somehow connect the dots as well. It seems like a hastle and would probably not be possible due to a limit on the number of account transfers. The best way might be to have her continue get them and you pay for them. Unless of course, you really, really want them in your name. And that's understandable.

If you do this then you are circumventing the waiting list. The waiting list was designed for a reason. You shouldn't do this.

Just kidding, this is how i get my tickets. I go once a year to a family friends house and pay them for the tickets. Quite convenient.

Archived