Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team is EASY to root for!

Kenny

Sure, we've had some painful losses yet this Skins team has a bunch of GAMERS on it! I even felt that way before we won today and can't for the life of me understand why people on here question this team's heart and say their hard to pull for. What team are you watching?

We may not always execute well, but this team will give you everything they have and really that's all you can ask for!

For a team that was SUPPOSED to be in last place(most media thought 4-5 wins), yet is still in the playoff hunt this late is a pretty good coaching job by Coach Gibbs imo!

HTTR!!

Woah there. I'm as big a homer as almost anyone out there... But this team is not easy to watch. I'd be worried if they were. They've been tough to watch for the majority of my life...

Tough to watch doesn't necessarily mean bad, but the 'Skins are one of those teams that you're never sure of what you're going to get, or how long they'll cling to a lead or how long they'll be losing a game until they decide to kick it into high gear...

I'm 21 years old and I'll probably have a stroke in the next five years cuz of this team :laugh:

Woah there. I'm as big a homer as almost anyone out there... But this team is not easy to watch. I'd be worried if they were. They've been tough to watch for the majority of my life...

Tough to watch doesn't necessarily mean bad, but the 'Skins are one of those teams that you're never sure of what you're going to get, or how long they'll cling to a lead or how long they'll be losing a game until they decide to kick it into high gear...

I'm 21 years old and I'll probably have a stroke in the next five years cuz of this team :laugh:

Dang I feel sorry for you. Being 4 years younger you probably missed the glory season of 91, as well as the tail end of the glory years. Those are what made me fall in love the The Redskins and Joe Gibbs and I've been with them ever since. So I do know what you're saying. All the games are always close and down to the wire. Their real nail biters and can be stressful at times.

Hopefully I don't get a heart attack because of this.

I do agree with the original post that all the haters saying we're no good and won't make the playoffs are just negative downers that probably never see any thing good in their lives because of their attitudes. Fact is this team has a lot of talent and fights their hearts out. They never give up and neither should their fans.

Dang I feel sorry for you. Being 4 years younger you probably missed the glory season of 91, as well as the tail end of the glory years. Those are what made me fall in love the The Redskins and Joe Gibbs and I've been with them ever since. So I do know what you're saying. All the games are always close and down to the wire. Their real nail biters and can be stressful at times.

Hopefully I don't get a heart attack because of this.

I do agree with the original post that all the haters saying we're no good and won't make the playoffs are just negative downers that probably never see any thing good in their lives because of their attitudes. Fact is this team has a lot of talent and fights their hearts out. They never give up and neither should their fans.

Actually, I understood football well enough to watch and understand our Super Bowl run in '91. I remember watching the game, actually...

My first memory was actually the SB against the Broncos and the 35 points in the second quarter...

But, I didn't really understand how significant that was... I'd say the '90-'91 season was the season that I understood enough to follow it...

But yah, it's been rough... hahah.

I love the Redskins, but this is a very hard to team to be a fan of, simply because they always play so many close games. Add to that the fact that I watched them throughout the 80s, when winning was expected every week, and usually achieved. To have suffered from '93 to present with only one playoff win is excruciating.

I've broken a lot of things, including my wrist once when I punched a piece of furniture. I had a complete meltdown after last season's last-minute loss to the Cryboys and called in sick for the entire week. I was supposed to go to my sister's for dessert on Thanksgiving several seasons ago, but the 'boys beat us on the holiday, and my sister is a Cowboy fan so I refused to go. Nobody calls me on game day, and they don't call me until about Wednesday on a week we lose. I've had to re-stack the woodpile out back more times than I can count after we blow a game because I finally realized you can't break firewood if you knock it all over.

So, no. I disagree with your statement this is an "easy" team to root for.

I love the Redskins, but this is a very hard to team to be a fan of, simply because they always play so many close games. Add to that the fact that I watched them throughout the 80s, when winning was expected every week, and usually achieved. To have suffered from '93 to present with only one playoff win is excruciating.

I've broken a lot of things, including my wrist once when I punched a piece of furniture. I had a complete meltdown after last season's last-minute loss to the Cryboys and called in sick for the entire week. I was supposed to go to my sister's for dessert on Thanksgiving several seasons ago, but the 'boys beat us on the holiday, and my sister is a Cowboy fan so I refused to go. Nobody calls me on game day, and they don't call me until about Wednesday on a week we lose. I've had to re-stack the woodpile out back more times than I can count after we blow a game because I finally realized you can't break firewood if you knock it all over.

So, no. I disagree with your statement this is an "easy" team to root for.

Hot dang! There are more of us out there. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I seem to take every stinking loss personally. I feel like a big baby sometimes because I just want to cry when we lose. It hurts, man...It really hurts! I had to deploy to Kosovo the day after we lost that game by one lousy point to the Bucs in the playoffs in 99. Talk about a painful day that was...

well that said it all.........I feal ya....but I wouldn't want to belong to any other fan base!....HAIL!

well that said it all.........I feal ya....but I wouldn't want to belong to any other fan base!....HAIL!

That's just the stuff I can remember happening recently...:laugh:

But my mom always tells me how, when the Cowboys beat us late in a game to knock us out of playoff contention one season in the late seventies, I was crying and told her to throw away all my Redskins stuff. I was probably about 9 or 10. Luckily, she didn't listen to me, but as you can see, I've taken losses to the Cowboys very personally since I was little...

Yea man I hear ya ..alot of my fondest memories are from the glory...and not so glory skins days ...h*ll i couldn't remember all of the crazy bs but I do remember how fun It's been...we'll make it back .....this I'm sure of......and it'll make up for all of the .... um...freaked up furniture of the last few years!!!! LOL HAIL!

Yea man I hear ya ..alot of my fondest memories are from the glory...and not so glory skins days ...h*ll i couldn't remember all of the crazy bs but I do remember how fun It's been...we'll make it back .....this I'm sure of......and it'll make up for all of the .... um...freaked up furniture of the last few years!!!! LOL HAIL!

Yeah, I wouldn't give up my Redskin experiences for anything! :cheers: Those 3 Superbowl victories outshine all the bad days I can remember.

Archived