Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peerless Price, Gregg Williams, and Moss...

wilbur58z

Some things to think about heading into Monday:

Gregg Williams was Price's head coach at Buffalo when Price was good. Maybe Williams will endorse bringing him in and convince Gibbs that he ought to try him out.

And people say Price was only good playing with Moulds...well, surely Price would reap the benefits of playing across from Santana Moss right now.

We need the boost because clearly our pass offense is going to struggle from here on out if we don't do something. Jacobs isn't even 100% and could get hurt at any point like he seems to always do. He doesn't bring much to the table anyway.

And with Farris and Brown as our only options outside of Moss and Jacobs, not at least trying Price out would be insane.

So once Betts and/or Thrash get healthy, we won't need Antonio Brown anymore as a returner.

Signing Price and cutting Brown seems like a reasonable thing the Redskins could do.

Some things to think about heading into Monday:

Gregg Williams was Price's head coach at Buffalo when Price was good. Maybe Williams will endorse bringing him in and convince Gibbs that he ought to try him out.

And people say Price was only good playing with Moulds...well, surely Price would reap the benefits of playing across from Santana Moss right now.

We need the boost because clearly our pass offense is going to struggle from here on out if we don't do something. Jacobs isn't even 100% and could get hurt at any point like he seems to always do. He doesn't bring much to the table anyway.

And with Farris and Brown as our only options outside of Moss and Jacobs, not at least trying Price out would be insane.

So once Betts and/or Thrash get healthy, we won't need Antonio Brown anymore as a returner.

Signing Price and cutting Brown seems like a reasonable thing the Redskins could do.

Don't know if Price has anything to offer, but we are pretty haggard looking on the WR front right now. Problem is, it seems to take a while for recievers and QBs to get their timing down, so don't know that bringing someone in this late would help (not to mention, they have to learn at least a portion of the playbook).

Like it or not, we likely have to sleep in the bed we've made. Going with just 4 WR's looks like a bad call right now. I'm praying Thrash gets well in a hurry, but its not likely with it being a Hamstring/groin injury. We're living off our TE's and HB's right now.

We definently should at least contact him and work him out or whatevr its called. He hasn't been so good in the past couple of seasons but he was good back in Buffalo. I doubt that he will ever return back to his glory days in Bufallo but he can still be a good reciver. Especially with a lot of hurt recievers we definently should try to pick him up. GO SKINS!!!

After they brought in Farris and Brown Bugel was quoted as saying that their pass offense was so simple you could learn it in 5 minutes or something. I can't remember if that was exactly what he said but it was something to that effect. If Farris and Brown can do it, surely Price could.

i dont think at this point it couldnt hurt at all to take a look at him. It would take a couple of weeks for him to be active once he got some plays down. my only concern about him i heard a rumor that one of the reasons the falcons got rid of him at the beginning of the year was because he has very poor vision in one of his eyes, but im sure the cowgurls would of never signed him if there were true.

Because even with that resume he is far better then any wideout we currently have not named Moss.

No he's not.

Why do people assume someone is better because you know their name?

Peerless Price is NOT a receiver we want for anything other than scouting the Polks.

Antonio Brown is doing fine at punt returner now...

I'd rather resign Jamin Elliot who showed flashes of absolute brilliance in training camp than going after Peerless Price. He's a waste of cap money.

After they brought in Farris and Brown Bugel was quoted as saying that their pass offense was so simple you could learn it in 5 minutes or something. I can't remember if that was exactly what he said but it was something to that effect. If Farris and Brown can do it, surely Price could.

Farris and Brown had an entire off-season to learn it.

Big difference.

Like it or not, we likely have to sleep in the bed we've made. Going with just 4 WR's looks like a bad call right now.

Course, the other two guys we signed would have been 5 and 6, so it doesn't really matter too much. It is always tough when a team loses two of their top three receivers.

If Farris and Brown can do it, surely Price could.

Course, they were both in camp with us, so it might not be that simple.

Really, it would be an amazing effort if Price would be ready to play before the end of the season. As much ability he has, I don't know if he would be able to contribute. Also, it doesn't help that Brunell doesn't seem to look for a WR other than Moss most of the time. :rolleyes:

Jason

Price didn't have a Moulds or Moss to play across from in Atlanta.

In Dallas, Parcells said he preferred big receivers who could block and that's why Price wasn't getting much playing time.

It seems Price would be a better fit in DC considering he's the type of receiver Gibbs likes. His production has been low but maybe Williams understands his game and will advise Gibbs that Price hasn't been in the right situation since Buffalo.

I think it has to be considered and maybe already is. They tried out 3 other receivers when they brought in Farris, so they're obviously not averse to bringing in someone totally new.

No he's not.

Why do people assume someone is better because you know their name?

Peerless Price is NOT a receiver we want for anything other than scouting the Polks.

Antonio Brown is doing fine at punt returner now...

I'd rather resign Jamin Elliot who showed flashes of absolute brilliance in training camp than going after Peerless Price. He's a waste of cap money.

Price is a thousand yard wr, and a very good WR at Buffalo, Price was the scapegoat for Vicks passing problems... and never had any other WR in Atlanta to work with. In Dallas he never really got a chance to do anything.

again he has talent, and while he is not a #1 reciever... he could be a could pick up as a #3. or #4, where he isn't under the pressure of being "the guy" and can play in the slot... where he produced in buffalo..... and even at his worse, he has better days than anything that either Brown or Farris has produced. If nothing else get him wrapped up for the offseason workouts, and work in training camp next year.

I don't know if we can keep Brown strictly for punt returns/ kick offs, but I think he is good in this position. Thrash does not give us a good option at punt return/ kick off. Betts had the one big return but he doesn't really have the speed that punt return/ kick off requires.

If Thrash goes onto the IR, I'd give him a look because we'd need to sign another receiver but, frankly, the fact that he's currently "on the streets" and no one has signed him, makes me skepitcal about what he has to offer.

considering the time of year, and most teams in playoff hunts are set at WR... other than us because of Injury... I can see why he is on the street.

Hey Big Joe was out of football a year... and he has been a big role player for us the past two years

Brown is not a WR. He is ST only. Thrash has a bad hamstring injury and he won't be anywhere near 100% for the remainder of the season. Farris is a guy whose NFL experience has almost exclusively been covering punts and kicks.

I think we do need to bring in a player who has been a starting WR in the NFL before and can leverage his experience to come in and help us in a complementary role for Moss.

That's why I suggested a couple of weeks ago when Thrash got hurt that the Skins should be looking at bringing back Kevin Dyson, who was in camp and knows the system.

Dyson may no longer have the 4.4 speed that brought him into the NFL after two bad knee injuries, but he is 6'2 and 217 and I tink could be a help to the team in the middle of the field, and could be an asset on those third down conversions that have bedeviled this team all season.

Price to me would be a second option as he doesn't know our system and would take longer to make a contribution. But he is better than what we have out there now.

The real flaw in the system was in depending upon Taylor Jacobs to be a capable depth player for us.

He hasn't been that.

Many teams are able to go to their #3 or #4 receiver and get some production.

Does Jacobs look to you like a physically talented player that Vinny Cerrato maintains should have been a #1 draft pick? :laugh:

Patrick Crayton, a #7 pick of the Cowboys last year, and who is hurt right now, looks like a future HOFer when compared to Jacobs........... :cry:

Brown is not a WR. He is ST only. Thrash has a bad hamstring injury and he won't be anywhere near 100% for the remainder of the season. Farris is a guy whose NFL experience has almost exclusively been covering punts and kicks.

I think we do need to bring in a player who has been a starting WR in the NFL before and can leverage his experience to come in and help us in a complementary role for Moss.

That's why I suggested a couple of weeks ago when Thrash got hurt that the Skins should be looking at bringing back Kevin Dyson, who was in camp and knows the system.

Dyson may no longer have the 4.4 speed that brought him into the NFL after two bad knee injuries, but he is 6'2 and 217 and I tink could be a help to the team in the middle of the field, and could be an asset on those third down conversions that have bedeviled this team all season.

Price to me would be a second option as he doesn't know our system and would take longer to make a contribution. But he is better than what we have out there now.

The real flaw in the system was in depending upon Taylor Jacobs to be a capable depth player for us.

He hasn't been that.

Many teams are able to go to their #3 or #4 receiver and get some production.

Does Jacobs look to you like a physically talented player that Vinny Cerrato maintains should have been a #1 draft pick? :laugh:

Patrick Crayton, a #7 pick of the Cowboys last year, and who is hurt right now, looks like a future HOFer when compared to Jacobs........... :cry:

Jacobs had a good game last week, had three balls thrown his way today, one in traffic, one over his head when he was WIDE OPEN, and the Portis pass out of bounds behind him.

bubba,

I'm from Rochester. I know all about Peerless. He's not as good as advertised.

I have followed his career since a freshman at Tennessee, and no matter what anyone tries to convince themselves otherwise, he's is better than Farris & Brown. And he can return kicks, No one is talking about bring him in as a #1... or even a #2, or even a #3 at this point.

Betts will be back next week, and Moss can return punts in a pinch.... so we could cut brown to make room for Price.

seems worthy of a shot. Now if Williams advises aginst him... then that means something else, but if he says he's okay to give a tryout... I think he is worth the cost of a ticket.

Archived