Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was the Giants win today good for us? or bad?

DCNightHawk

Guest sith lord
Bad, because if they lose one before or after they play us and we beat them they hold the tie-breaker.

Why do they hold the tiebreaker if we beat them?

Bad, because if they lose one before or after they play us and we beat them they hold the tie-breaker.

Why? If they lose to KC (decent chance) and then we beat them, we will have the same record (assuming we win out & they win the rest of their games). Doesn't Division or Conference record take over then? And at that point, both of those for us are going to be fantastic. We have to root for KC big time, and we have to win out, but winning the division is suddenly not so far fetched.

lets worry bout the cardinals before we look ahead 2 weeks from now...we need to take of our own business before anything else....I mean im pumped we got a win but our passing O has a lot of holes that need to be fixed before we start looking ahead

Guest sith lord
Dallas plays KC and Carolina. If they lose any one of those and lose to us, we are in the Playoffs if we can go 9-7.

How do you figure? What about the Falcons, Bucs, Vikings, Bears, Panthers? All of those teams are currently ahead of us.

I agree we can not afford to look past Arizona... we win that game and then we can focus on our divisonal games that follow... i think we are actually in a pretty good situation considering... if we can play like we are able next week and beat the Cards...

I think it's bad for winning the division, but better for sneaking in at 9-7 for a wildcard

Yep, I like our WildCard chances but the we're going to need some help to win the division. We have 2 very winable games with the cards and eagles, I would rather win the giants and cowboys games as well but winning one of those may get us the wildcard. The Falcons losing today helped us some too.

We have to win out...

Giants need to lose to us of course thus the win out...

and then lose one more game between @Philly, KC, or @Oakland..One of those, they have to lose, then if we win out we are guaranteed the division with a 5-1 record..

Dallas schedule is much harder thus the reason we shuld have been rooting for them...Doh!

lets worry bout the cardinals before we look ahead 2 weeks from now...we need to take of our own business before anything else....I mean im pumped we got a win but our passing O has a lot of holes that need to be fixed before we start looking ahead

I totally agree! The passing game today was almost non-existent... If we were going up a good runD we would of lost today...

Archived