Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis and Cartwright! (multi-merged)

FunBunch7

Last game Portis sucked. Cartwright had one run for a touchdown. This week Cartwright consistantly did better and almost got the same running yards with less carries. I have felt that both Betts and Cartwright were better than Portis and I think it is about time to but Portis at second string.

Screw Portis. Start Cartwright

Can you check between your ears for a brain? Please learn the game of football before posting on this board.

stop acting like a child with the eye rolling thing....

I was not knocking your boy in anyway (oh wait, your comeback that he not a boy, I already got it), and I didnt even single him out on it. I was just saying that he is not up on the oline asses when he gets the ball. I didnt even say he was slow, I said he was slow enough to hit the holes as they open.

Yeah, you weren't knocking Cartwright, you were hating on Portis. Portis is probably the best football player on the field, and my favorite Redskin by far. Did you stop watching the games right before the Tampa game? I mean, are you serious?

Last game Portis sucked. Cartwright had one run for a touchdown. This week Cartwright consistantly did better and almost got the same running yards with less carries. I have felt that both Betts and Cartwright were better than Portis and I think it is about time to but Portis at second string.

I believe its past your bedtime. :hammer:

Okay, I've now officially seen the dumbest post ever. Everyone, relax, stop worrying about posting dumb stuff, because you can't post anything dumber than this.

UH honey.

Hmmmmmm.

NO ONE wants Rock to be on the field more than me. NO ONE wants him to score more than me.

But this is just silly.

Really really silly.

Blondie

Maybe I noticed that he got caught on the long one. The other nice run he had he made a nice move and was able to get around the corner on an dlineman. Again in not saying he is slow, but slow enough to let the holes open up when he gets the ball from the QB. Call it patience, call it vision, call it whatever.

Are you a skinsfan or a wetblanket???

:laugh: :laugh:

Put down the pipe son..

Maybe you don't realize that Portis has 400 yards (around that) and he will break the Redskins rushing record.. :laugh:

Can you check between your ears for a brain? Please learn the game of football before posting on this board.

Now that was funny.. :laugh:

Dude...are you serious??? Portis has gotten so patient the past few weeks, and its shown in his production. You Portis haters are ridiculous. 136 yards and 2TDs isn't good enough for you? :rolleyes:

Rock did tear it up today. I felt though on that on his second big run he cut back inside and got tackled, where if he had cut outside he would have taken it to the house...I'm not complaining though. I like my biggest worry being that our 3rd string RB only broke a 30 yard run instead of a 50+ yard run!! :) I was disappointed that we didn't get Rock a score...they certainly tried though!

I am FAR from a portis hater. This is even my avatar on the other boards that I visit. portis.gif

Also my signature had portis in it for a month. I think Clinton is a hell of an athelete but in this offence, he is not what we tought we would get when we traded for him. Hopefully that can change.

I just am observing that Betts and Rock run to me, better behind this offensive line. Before todays game, Portis was averaging 78 yards a game. You can make the argument that its the line, but why does it seem that Betts and Rock find decent size holes when they are in?

You ask me if 136 yard and 2 td's not enough for me, sure it is, I think he had a great game, and so did Rock, but its one game. Under this offence he will have a game like this, or like against Chicago and have one like he did againt the Cowboys. He is so up and down. Would I love to see that change, YES. But its just my feelings about how holes open up when he is there.

Um ok.

I'm sure Rock's YPC were directly related to how good he is.

Rock is actually better than Reggie Bush based on his YPC today.

Rock had a great game, but you're getting way ahead of yourself.

But this is how the board is after every win, everyone is ProBowl bound. And vice versa after a loss. We should cut everyone after a loss.

Its just sometimes I dont think people want to look at things objectively

I am FAR from a portis hater. This is even my avatar on the other boards that I visit. portis.gif

Also my signature had portis in it for a month. I think Clinton is a hell of an athelete but in this offence, he is not what we tought we would get when we traded for him. Hopefully that can change.

I just am observing that Betts and Rock run to me, better behind this offensive line. Before todays game, Portis was averaging 78 yards a game. You can make the argument that its the line, but why does it seem that Betts and Rock find decent size holes when they are in?

You ask me if 136 yard and 2 td's not enough for me, sure it is, I think he had a great game, and so did Rock, but its one game. Under this offence he will have a game like this, or like against Chicago and have one like he did againt the Cowboys. He is so up and down. Would I love to see that change, YES. But its just my feelings about how holes open up when he is there.

You want to know why Betts and Rock seem to always run great behind the line? Its because they are spelling Portis (or replacing him late), after he's ran against the fresh Dline or after the Dline has gotten tired. If you made Portis a second string back and started Rock, I guarantee you Portis would get those big runs as well...If you keep Portis in the game last week at San Diego, he runs untouched through that huge hole, not Cartwright (as an example).

But this is how the board is after every win, everyone is ProBowl bound. And vice versa after a loss. We should cut everyone after a loss.

Its just sometimes I dont think people want to look at things objectively

I didn't see anyone say anything about Rock being Pro-Bowl bound.

Some HAVE said he should be cut.

He had a great day.

Let's enjoy it.

Blondie

Man -- I think Portis must be the unluckiest back in the NFL. I've been watching skin_finatic's game highlights and if you look at the holes that Rock gets in his two big runs, they are the biggest holes of the day, by far, even counting Portis' big run. (EDIT: Okay, I watched it again and his ~30 yard run was all Rock -- he squeezed through a tiny hole on the LOS. But his first run was through a gaping hole!!) It seems like as soon as Portis sits, the holes like that open up. Guaranteed if Portis is in on Rock's 52 yard scamper, he makes it a 60 yard scamper for a touchdown. That should have been a 200+ yard day with at least 2 TDs for Portis!! Damn Oline.

Not to mention last week...the hole on Rock's TD was the biggest friggin' hole I've ever seen in an NFL game. That thing was monstrous. Did Portis get a hole like that all day? No way!

Portis needs to work on his stamina...if he just stays in for one more play! :)

You want to know why Betts and Rock seem to always run great behind the line? Its because they are spelling Portis (or replacing him late), after he's ran against the fresh Dline or after the Dline has gotten tired. If you made Portis a second string back and started Rock, I guarantee you Portis would get those big runs as well...If you keep Portis in the game last week at San Diego, he runs untouched through that huge hole, not Cartwright (as an example).

Speaking as, I suspect, the only person on this board with a Rock Cartwright jersey, you've got a good point. Most of Rock's carries have come when it's a fresh Rock vs a tired defense. (Although, Rock does do ST, and our games do seem to feature a lot of kicks, for various reasons. He hasn't just been sitting on the bench.)

I'm not saying I think we should trade Portis and start Rock. Just saying that when it's 3rd and short, or first and goal, then maybe a substitution is called for.

Archived