Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

it was 5 straight,now its 4 straight..only the believers apply....(merged x2)

lead commander

There is a differnce between supporting your team, and being realistic.. example

If we played the colts next week, would I still support my team and yell like all hell for a victory, yes

Would I doubt us pulling it out, yes.

I want the Skins to win every single blessed game they play.But because they arent the Colts I know they wont. Colts are a consistent team on offense and defense. They are winners, and their fans know this and see this every Sunday afternoon. Skins have shown this season that they are unable to do this. Back when the B and G was a team to be feared we felt just like a Colt fan feels right now. Those days are gone.

Right. So they have improved by finishing a team they should have finished.

This isnt a championship team, all you can hope for is improvement. And they did just that this week.

If youre sitting back hoping for 56-3 routs every week, youre going to be one dissapointed fan. Get in reality, seeing this team improve on many aspects of the game they have faltered in is pleasing. If its not to you, go visit www.philadelphiaeagles.com and dont come back.

To Da #1 Fan,

Thanks for your understanding and support of this thread. Redskins did improve their game. They held the lead and increased the score in the second half. Some of these other Redskins Fan are too negative.

Ummm...ok? Its called a discussion. Sorry to see Ive maybe injected some sense into your thought process, Ill be sure to skip over your next reply, Jif. Peter Pan. Smuckers. Next!

#1 Skins Fan,

Now, that was funny and witty... Jif, Peter Pan and Smuckers...:laugh:

Redskins' fan doubt the Skins would win... shame on you!:mad: And you call yourself a Redskins' fan. Here's a lesson in Redskins Fan 101: 1st lesson is free... Never doubt your team regardless who they are playing! As a Redskins' fan, either you're hoping or believing they will win. Always show your support!

13 years of losing and now you aren't a true Redskin fan if you doubt their ability to win football games, especially following 3 straight 4th Quarter leads blown?

We beat a below average Rams team for god sakes.

This is what has become of the Redskins, jumping around like crazy insane monkeys because we beat the Rams to move to .500 on the season.

No thanks, i'm not going to settle for this, the Redskins I grew up with expected to beat teams like the Rams and any other below average team.

Am I happy with the win? Yes I am, but am I happy with the state of the Redskins? Absolutely not.

We are still 6-6, coming off a 6-10 season. I'm not celebrating until this teams expects to win and does win consistantly.

13 years of losing and now you aren't a true Redskin fan if you doubt their ability to win football games, especially following 3 straight 4th Quarter leads blown?

We beat a below average Rams team for god sakes.

This is what has become of the Redskins, jumping around like crazy insane monkeys because we beat the Rams to move to .500 on the season.

No thanks, i'm not going to settle for this, the Redskins I grew up with expected to beat teams like the Rams and any other below average team.

Am I happy with the win? Yes I am, but am I happy with the state of the Redskins? Absolutely not.

We are still 6-6, coming off a 6-10 season. I'm not celebrating until this teams expects to win and does win consistantly.

:applause: :cheers:

Just because some people don't think that their team will run the table to get to the Super Bowl doesn't mean they're not redskin fans. I want them to win every time too. Do I think it's gonna happen? No. I'm tired of homers thinking they're better fans than the realistic ones.

My heart and my head are in two different places right now, but that doesnt mean I'm any less of a fan. I've been pretty critical lately, and I am still very critical of the passing game after this win, but my fist was in the air every time we scored today.

I see lots of problems, but I always hope that we can overcome.

:logo:

No ones jumping around like insane monkeys, we are celebrating the good aspects of a win. It wasnt a dominating win, it wasnt a super impressive win, but there were some good aspects to be happy about, thats all.

Why the negativity? It seems there is always 2 extremes, those that cant see anything positive and are down on everything, even a win, and those that call Rogers a perennial pro bowler after one interception, or call Rock Cartwright a suitable replacement for Clinton Portis after one game.

Where oh where are the people from reality? Do they not have access to the internet?

Just because some people don't think that their team will run the table to get to the Super Bowl doesn't mean they're not redskin fans. I want them to win every time too. Do I think it's gonna happen? No. I'm tired of homers thinking they're better fans than the realistic ones.

I agree 100%. Thanks for the sanity check.

Guest amaprius

We need 4 more wins and I am praying we get them but I dont have alot of faith since we do this yearly.....we can get 5-7 wins/year but not much more....I root like crazy for the Skins every week and just am proven stupid for even doing it. 15 years is alot of futility. Yes, I am discounting 1999...who here doesnt?

The Rams was the "make or break" game......we stepped it up.

We've got to keep it up. Again, if the team executes, we can play (and win) against anybody in the NFC.

another great stat to think about:

2005 record: 6-6

vs AFC: 0-4

vs NFC: 6-2

vs NFCE: 2-1

At Home vs NFC: 4-0 (1.000)

Road vs NFC: 2-2 (.500)

remaining schedule:

4 games vs NFC (2 home, 2 road)

There is a differnce between supporting your team, and being realistic.. example

If we played the colts next week, would I still support my team and yell like all hell for a victory, yes

Would I doubt us pulling it out, yes.

Are you forgetting that we beat the Patriots when they were unstoppable.....Please!!!!

You can't start thinking playoffs until you are at the very least .500.

We've achieved that now and are a game behind the Cowboys and Falcons, and sit at 6-2 in the NFC.

I don't care how many teams we have to hurdle. Nobody can tell me that with 4 straight NFC games to go that this team doesn't get in the playoffs if they finish 10-2 in the conference and 5-1 in the division.

Say what you want, but in my estimation, we, and only we control our own destiny.

This is a great assesment. It's the notion I've been trying to share with our fans for 3 weeks now. We have a nice schedule down the home stretch that gives us the oppurtunity we need.

I have always believed! So far I've gotten 1 thing answered on my Redskins christmas list, now on to the other 6!

Archived