Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Rams

Art

It was just good to see this one not go off-track, which I thought it might at a couple points. Our run blocking was very good, even against an admittedly weak d-line. And I was glad we didn't score less than 21 points. Brunell was off-kilter at times and yet made some great plays too, which seems to be his routine this second half of the season. There were some undisciplined penalites again (Moss gets a pass, no pun intended), but at least we got some calls too.

Cooley was solid, Rock (except for The Turnover) makes me feel oh-so-smart that I advocated keeping him Nemo or No-Nemo. Defense was solid, Carlos continues, Sean is "like wow", and Arrington (this is no slam, he's great) will have to get used to hearing four or five names mentioned ahead of his as most important on the defense.

While the offensive play-calling danced at the edges of withdrawl, it was good to see some 1st down passes in the 4th, and an actual gadget play even if it fizzled.

Jeezuz I'm so glad we won :laugh: It will make the numerous "special" posts that are yet to pass before my eyes more bearable :rolleyes:

BTW, did anyione see the Redskins fan with the little pencil-thin goatee, silly Redskin hat (not a ball-cap) and the "hypnotic" glasses with the Redskins logo over where the lenses would be? Was that Pittman4Two? :D

keep it goin skins we looked good...brunell really needs to keep himself under control though...he looked pretty sloppy on that fumble and the pass to royal where he tripped on his own feet and fell down other than that pretty much perfect execution all game great to watch and lets keep it on track we need a blowout against the cards to get us pumped for the final three

Tarhog,

Your right horrible was a bit to much, but with some of the mistakes we made today and the 3 and outs I have a feeling if we do that against dallas and giants they'll eat us up. Thats all I mean. I guess what I am saying is we should of killed the Rams and we shouldn't get our hopes all big just because we beat the Rams. Remember it's the Rams. The score should of been more like 35-0. A shut out.

a win is definitely a win but i was starting to have doubts goin into halftime.. rock just made a huge run and with almost a minute left, we could have marched for a field goal at least... a little too conservative... atleast heave a pass into endzone...its unlikely they will return it for a touchdown..

other than that ... great game... we need a second wide reciever if we are gonna try to finish this off.. jacobs isnt cutting it and farris is too small...

Rogers is sure maturing into a viable CB... hopefully he wont leave us when it all said and done..

i feel good about the cards and then just gotta buckle down and destroy the rest of the NFC east and hope we get some luck from around the league.. .wont be easy but can be done...

keep the faith

Hey we looked good defensivley,still need to open it up offensivley this is a great win for us 6-2 in nfc confrence.With the Cardnals next maybe some condidence builders before we return home for that whoopn we owe the G-men.HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!

Well played running game....CP and Rock were awesome today. Wish Ladell could have gotten some of the action also. Glad to see Royal gaining back his cofidence. Now all we need to do is starting giving the ball to Jacobs more. Brunell needs to stop looking at Santana everytime and distributing the ball to the other wide outs. And how about Carlos!! I still smell playoffs baby......4 - 0 OR WE DON'T GO!!!! Cardinals next!

Good Game...Good win...Keep the Faith Redskin fans, keep wearing your Redskin gear,let's show our support, show our numbers, that we don't give up on our team, Show your loyalty REDSKIN NATION!!! Our team hasn't given up despite numerous injuries, close losses, except for the fluke loss at NY, every game has been a close hard fought contest. I think now more than ever our team needs our support. Stick together Redskin fans. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT. Forever Faithful...GO REDSKINS !!!!

It was a good win and what this team needed to get the act together we held on to the foot ball pretty much. We have the talent to win it is all in the intensity we can win the next 4 if our intensity is there.The other key is controlling the line of scrimage.If those things can be done we can make the playoffs ,Brunell can take this team into the post season.Let's see more of Seller's running the ball that is exciting to watch,I say he can plow over any defense in the league plus he's got good hands . Rock what can you say stellar job all the weapons Rock Sellars Portis Moss Cooley Royal and Brunell will run too! Hail!

i liked the game today, i've always been a big fan of washington's running attack (mainly because that's all we had until a certain moss fella came along) and the game was awesome. Rock has always been a good straight-forward runner and it was amazing to see him break into the open field, i guess you can't see his moves when he takes it in from the 1 or 2 like he usually does. great all around performance with solid D and an O that moved the ball well. if we can step it up against the last 3 teams this season i think we will have a good shot.

hail to the redskins

Cornelius Griffin belongs in the pro bowl this year. First team starter. No doubt in my mind.

Our passing game is starting to scare me. Our (lack of) depth at WR is killing us. Just killing us. Thankfully we figured out we could run the ball on the Rams and did, a lot. :) Problem is, when we play good run defenses, like San Diego, we have trouble.

But with Griffin back our defense looks like a different squad out there, and that should keep us in every game from here on out.

I don't think you can pin poor play on the recivers( Moss excluded) b/c Brunell isnt exactly getting the ball to them. Moss made a great play on that long completion to him.

Cooley is just a hard nosed playmaker

I think our D played outstanding!!!! And they are going to have to play like that to keep us in games.

The Rams run D isnt as good as Philly, Giants or Dallas

I think it was a mediocre performance on O and excellent on D, the main thing is we left there with a W.

I don't think you can pin poor play on the recivers( Moss excluded) b/c Brunell isnt exactly getting the ball to them. Moss made a great play on that long completion to him.

Cooley is just a hard nosed playmaker

I think our D played outstanding!!!! And they are going to have to play like that to keep us in games.

The Rams run D isnt as good as Philly, Giants or Dallas

I think it was a mediocre performance on O and excellent on D, the main thing is we left there with a W.

Running on the EWEs is one thing, on the Cowpukes or the G-String-Men is another. Just like the first time we played them, they will stack the LOS to take away the run. The 'Skins ONLY hope to open up the run is to pass effectively. This is no time to be holding back any plays. TJacobs MUST step up if this team is to make a run...HE MUST. Stopping the 'Skins' run lanes and doubling on Moss should leave TJacobs one-on-one. If he's as good as all the 'Skins say in Practice one-on-one, it's time for him to prove it on the field...NOW...

Let's not get lulled by the CardiNots game. We KNOW Warner will throw 50+ times... and as bad as their running game is, the 'Skins cannot slack off defending it. 'Skins need to get a quick lead, and then TURN LAVAR LOOSE.

My stretch run concern is this: 'Skins will probably now COMMIT to the run, so there may be quite a few 3rd and 5+ yards to go. With Cooley, Sellers, Moss, Jacobs, (Thrash?),Portis, Betts,Rock, and yes, RRoyal...how can they NOT get the conversion? Expect the Cs and Gs to blitz heavy when we see them...

But let us first handle the CardiNots.. Time for ABrown to break one...

GO 'SKINS

Archived