Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Rams

Art

It wasn't the prettiest win in the world, but we did what we needed to do on the road. Thats all we have to do - good, bad, ugly - doesn't matter. Eke out wins. If we can knock the Cardinals in the mouth and come away with 1 more next weekend, we return home with something to play for in December. And thats something we haven't had in a long time.

Way to go Skins.

I have been super annoyed with Gibbs the past 2 weeks (Tampa Bay was a fluke :)) but I have to give him props for sticking with Robert Royal today. He had some drops last week, but he stepped up and made up today. We need every offensive recieving threat we can get for December, and Royal needs his confidence. This was a game we should have won, and we did: step one in becoming playoff caliber. Keep the faith.

great job D -- looking like a powerhouse today -- Marcus is a beast as always and Lavar is always so pumped -- 2 100 yard receivers -- and a win next week against Cards will send us home to close out with 3 wins possible and a chance at the playoffs!! lets hope carolina, t.b. and minn help us out with some losses :point2sky :point2sky

I have to say that I was skeptical after the Rams drove the field for the TD. I was waiting for the collapse. Once the D came back on the field and stopped them Rams dead in their tracks I was hopeful. As soon as Portis scored his second TD, I was expecting a win. After the fumble in the endzone, I was knocked down a peg. After the Cooley TD, I was happy with the teams performance.

Have alot to improve on and a little time to do it. C'mon Skins shut the mediots up once and for all!

Yes we got the win, but i thought we played horrible. If we play like that against dallas or giants they will eat us alive. we did do better in the 4th atleast.

We played ugly at times, but 'horrible'? We racked up a huge # of rushing yards, had multiple sacks, hurried their QB more than a dozen times, and played stellar defense.

Thats not horrible my friend. Not going to get all blue on us again are you? :)

Know what you mean. I'd lived in the D.C. area and have been a die hard Skins fan since '63 but I moved to the Phoenix Arizona area 3 years ago so I miss alot of games on TV but I listen to SAM, SONNY, and Frank on WJFK radio via the internet courtesy of ESPN so I can at least hear most of the games. Going to the Cardinals game next Sunday to root the Skins on to victory.

It sure felt good when Redskins won.. Finally.. And finally there were no conservations with plays calling.. But I could tell there were some conservations at early 3rd qr.. Obviously someone reminded Gibbs about it.. It could have been little better but still good game..

This win came against an unspectacular Rams team ravaged by injuries, but it still feels good. You can't discount a win on the road, and it's nice to have a team put away before their final drive ...

For the past few weeks, we have had trouble closing out games, but today we played hard all the way to the end. It wasn't so much a matter of play-calling as I think it was simply the players giving maximum effort to the end. The defense didn't let up, and we created more turnovers as the game went on. The offensive line kept pushing people around until the end, and we ate up a lot of clock and picked up a lot of yards.

Hopefully we can build on this win next week in Arizona, and we can fight our way through the NFC East and close out the season like we closed out this game.

It was a good win, but we need to keep playing that way the rest of the way, it could be better we run the ball pretty good but the passing game was not too good, just average, we need to be a more explosive team and find the other option at the passing game besides Moss, the defense played great, actually playe like the 2004 defense, need to be agressive some times.

Go Skiiiins :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Archived