Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you guys worried at all about your DL?

flashback

Griffin is dinged up, Salave'a is out, and now Kilings will miss the game after injuring himself in practice. You gave up 397 yards last week. What's the plan to stop Stephen Jackson?

Trade for Ray Lewis for one game and have him stab him? :D *hiccups 5 times*

Yeah, a bit worried. The unit looks a lot better with Griffin back, though.

I think you misrepresent our performance last week. Drew Breez was on his butt all day, got sacked several times, was forced to throw 3 picks, and was held to a very low completion percentage. The chargers high-powered O managed only 23 with an overtime period. Not bad considering they've been putting up 31-45 week-in and week-out.

Yeah, LT broke loose on us late in the game, after 3 consecutive 3 and outs by our offense. They were just tired and LT was too much. It was as much the offenses fault as anybody's that the defense collapsed late. There won't be any such offensive slip-up against St.Louis's swiss cheese defense.

I'm worried about Salave'a being out...the man is a monster. Both Aki Jones and Cedric Killings have made plays this year, but of the two I would hope Jones would be healthy. Bosco is a quality reserve, and I think he'll do just fine against the Rams. Its not like he has to go against Pace or anything...

You don't think they looked pretty good against San Diego? I know they aren't a great unit, but I think they are overachieving.

no, sOc, you're right. they did play well against SD. another reason why the loss was so heartbreaking. we took a hot team's best game and had them until we let it slip ourselves.

D Line is an obvious weak link on this defense...

We have a total of 18 sacks with only three lineman contributing to that number (7)

The top 5 NFL sack leaders are all defensive ends - anyone care to gander how many sacks our DE's have? FOUR!

C Griff and Daniels are the only ones holding it down - the rest of the line needs to be overhauled and revamped.

the d-line is pretty good against the run its the pass rush they are so horrible at salave'a is a monster and thats gonna be the biggest problem but ive seen aki jones step up a lot this year he looks pretty good i think we'll be alright washington marshall and arrington will clean it up

If I were a redskins fan, I wouldn't be too worried. We're talking about the same Steven Jackson that gained something like 6 yards on 12 carries vs. the cardinals two weeks ago in St. Louis, right? Let me update you on the current state of the rams' offensive line. Pace is playing with a bad hamstring and injured hip flexor and didn't make if out of the first half against the Texans last week, RT Alex Barron is out for this game and is being replaced by Rex Tucker, who gave up 4 sacks against the niners earlier this year. The middle of the rams offensive line is represented by RG Adam Timmerman, who is a warrior, but an old, slow and injured warrior; C Andy McCollum, old and slow and rookie LG, Claude Terrell, who has shown flashes, but does not yet have the stamina to play well for four quarters.

There are other problems that kill the rams running game as well. Generally, they usually have to play from behind because the defense is so terrible. Of course, this leads to an early abandonment of the run, which leads to teams blitzing the passing game. The rams struggle to contain aggressive front sevens, no matter the quality of the players. This leads to the third string QB starting.

Anyway, I digress, if the running game works this week, it will be because the passing game set it up early and allowed the rams to run draw plays. They certainly don't seem capable of running it down anybody's throats.

If I were a redskins fan, I wouldn't be too worried. We're talking about the same Steven Jackson that gained something like 6 yards on 12 carries vs. the cardinals two weeks ago in St. Louis, right? Let me update you on the current state of the rams' offensive line. Pace is playing with a bad hamstring and injured hip flexor and didn't make if out of the first half against the Texans last week, RT Alex Barron is out for this game and is being replaced by Rex Tucker, who gave up 4 sacks against the niners earlier this year. The middle of the rams offensive line is represented by RG Adam Timmerman, who is a warrior, but an old, slow and injured warrior; C Andy McCollum, old and slow and rookie LG, Claude Terrell, who has shown flashes, but does not yet have the stamina to play well for four quarters.

There are other problems that kill the rams running game as well. Generally, they usually have to play from behind because the defense is so terrible. Of course, this leads to an early abandonment of the run, which leads to teams blitzing the passing game. The rams struggle to contain aggressive front sevens, no matter the quality of the players. This leads to the third string QB starting.

Anyway, I digress, if the running game works this week, it will be because the passing game set it up early and allowed the rams to run draw plays. They certainly don't seem capable of running it down anybody's throats.

So far you rams fans seem uncommonly reasonable, objective, and informed. can we get some of whatever you drink for ourselves and have triple that amount sent to dallas? :laugh:

When fresh the D-Line is superb against the run, the pass rush is a different story, the only way to help the D-Line is to have the O control the clock in the second half and give the D a blow. The second half has to be played with a sense of urgency by the offense and they have to protect an already thin D-Line. If you look at our games most of the big runs, including Tomlinson's, came in the second half when the D was on the field way to long.

In short it's simple, keep the D fresh and increase the odds of winning.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

You don't think they looked pretty good against San Diego? I know they aren't a great unit, but I think they are overachieving.

It was a joke. Notice the little smile?

It was obvious Griffin came back, but I feel "Overachieving" is reaching at best. Throw out the San Diego game, and the Niner game. Now lets talk, we've played 11 games.

Archived