Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Fitzpatrick getting too much credit

Bleeding Burgundy

They are acting as if the guy is the second coming of Jesus or something. That he deserved a first round pick, and whatnot. I'm still not convinced YET on the guy though, there's no doubt that he has talent (or at least enough to beat Houston :laugh:), but I do give him props for bringing his team from a 20-something point defecit.

I will give him credit for the comeback against the TEXANS. But he has alot to prove before he can be considered a starter. He is a rookie who was drafted in the 7th round. There was little known about him, and to be honest, that was first time I had ever even heard the guys name. The Texans probably didn't even gameplan for him. You don't expect a 7th round, 3rd-string rookie out of Harvard to come in and do what he did.

Ramsey had one of those days against the Titans, look where he is...

yea i know, the so called experts, are overrating Fitzpatrick when he had one good game, against the 30th ranked texans defense. He'll be up against a real defense this weekend, and hopefully he will have the type of performance Ramsey did, after his first game. (Remeber when he threw like 15 ints against the Saints).

meh - whatever ESPN show i was watching like three hours ago, they certainly weren't talking him up too much.

they pretty much said that it was impressive for him to do what he did, and he looked like an NFL quarterback - but would, for the first time, have a full week to have to worry and plan and anticipate playing a game against a more solid team.

they gave us credit indirectly, by saying "the team he's playing this sunday is NOT the Houston Texans."

don't get over-confident, though. i have absolutely no idea which team of ours will show up on sunday, but as usual, my optimism is winning out and i have a good feeling about it.

:cheers:

Did anyone notice that when he came in the Rams stopped doing the things that usually confuse a defense, like all the motions and complexities in their offense? The Texans were set up against all that stuff, but when Fitzpatrick came in and just had to heave the ball to a spot on the field where Bruce should be, then they started getting shredded. I think this is an extremely dangerous game for us (like the Giants game was) and we have a danger of going in there with the wrong gameplan. I can only hope that Coach gets it right this time.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Did anyone notice that when he came in the Rams stopped doing the things that usually confuse a defense, like all the motions and complexities in their offense? The Texans were set up against all that stuff, but when Fitzpatrick came in and just had to heave the ball to a spot on the field where Bruce should be, then they started getting shredded. I think this is an extremely dangerous game for us (like the Giants game was) and we have a danger of going in there with the wrong gameplan. I can only hope that Coach gets it right this time.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

I agree, this game scares me.. A MUST WIN.. and if we have the wrong gameplan, we will get smoked. I hope that Coach Gibbs and his team have properly prepared our guys for this game. It will also be a mental test for our guys as well... Should b interesting..

exactly finally a few people taht realize no one but his parents knew who he was before this game...hes throwin to receivers like bruce and holt against the amazing texans wow thats pretty impressive...no doubt i give him some credit not any rookie can do something like that and i was pretty surprised but he wont have anything like that against springs, taylor and company in our secondary so whoever made the "we should have gotten fitzpatrick not campbell" thread must have stayed up way too late or something jk jk

Fitzpatrick is not that good! Houston obviousley threw away the game purposely late in order to perserve the worst record in the NFl so they can draft future Heisman Reggie Bush!

I really doubt that because I'm sure Dom Capers doesn't want to get fired at the end of the year even though thats a pretty sure thing.

You guys are right though the media is hyping him up a little too much ,but you still have to give the guy credit he's a rookie qb that brought his team back from a 20 point deficit even if it was houston its still a first string nfl defense which is alot better than college defenses.Qb is the hardest and most demanding position to play in the nfl and the guy did a pretty good job, but hopefully sunday we can make him look really bad.

He had a game like Jeff Rutledge did for us back in the day against Detroit. I don't remember the year but I remember being down 28-0 on the road with our backup QB in the game and coming back to win either in the last second or in OT.

So let's hope that Fitzpatrick has gotten that game out of his system and now can get back to reality.....like the Rutledge's and Reich's of the world. In fact he's have a great career to be in the league as long as those two did!!

The Ram's offensive systems have made Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, and now this clown look good. Neither of them have actual talent, but had generally good pass protection, a generally dangerous recieving and rushing runningback, and 2 very dangerous wide recievers.

With that said I hope to god that Walt Harris and Ade Jimoh never step onto the field. Remember the Bucs game? Thanks Harris for getting beat by Joey Galloway over and over. Springs will be on Holt and he should cover him well. If Walt Harris starts look for Isaac Bruce or one of their obscure slot guys to make a big impact on this game and keep it close.

I dont like this matchup for us. I hope we can get a win out of this but if we let down the coverage for 1 second even a talentless Harvard guy can chuck the ball to Holt and Bruce.

Before some of you guys start worrying too much, you might ask yourselves how the Texans managed to get up 21-3 on the Rams. Texans offense, Rams defense... you do the math. The key to this game will be how well the Skins offense does against the Rams D, not how well Fitzpatrick plays (unless he just comes out and shocks everyone with tremendously good or bad play).

Archived