Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iraqi Government Assumes Control of Borders

Thiebear

Link in signature:

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Dec. 1, 2005 — A ceremony was held Nov. 30 in western Iraq symbolizing the securing of the borders through cooperation of the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of the Interior and Multinational Force-Iraq.

"This is a historic day for Iraq. I won't forget this day. The insurgents are no longer controlling the border. Our friends have helped us. We are now a country of freedom, of human rights and of peace."

Iraqi Minister of Defense Saadoun al-Dulaimi

The ceremony in the Iraqi-Syrian border town of Husaybah was attended by Iraqi Minister of Defense Saadoun al-Dulaimi, Brig. Gen. Ahmed Ali Muhsin al-Khafaggi, Deputy Minister of the Interior for Support Forces and U.S. Army Gen. George Casey, Multinational Force-Iraq commander.

"This is a historic day for Iraq," said al-Dulaimi. "I won't forget this day. The insurgents are no longer controlling the border. Our friends have helped us. We are now a country of freedom, of human rights and of peace."

Controlling the borders is the key to Iraqi sovereignty and necessary to defeat the terrorists and foreign fighters who attempt to harm Iraqis and wish to disrupt Iraq's path to democracy.

Developing capable border forces will significantly disrupt entry for terrorists and foreign fighters and integrate with provincial counterinsurgency efforts. This began with Iraqi forces reestablishing initial control of Iraq's borders Nov. 30 with limited coalition forces support and continues until Iraqi forces control all ports of entry and provide their own security support.

Its a start......

We can't control our own borders, yet we expect them to control theirs? I'm confused. They might want to focus on the crap they already have in their country before they start worrying about what's outside....

Its not that we "can't" control our own borders...its that we "WON'T" control our own borders.

And sometimes you have to close down the dump so you can take care of the trash that is already in it.

Archived