Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks skins fans

Tour of Duty

I don't post around here too much and I just recently signed up. But I have been a lurker since last season and I come on here everyday at work just to see what my fellow fans think of our beloved skins.

The reason I'm saying thanks is because there are alot of true fans on this site. All the crazy playoff scenarios we were trying to think of last year and so much optimism about us going 5-0 to close out this year.

Being from Cali there arent a lot of die hard skins fans and when I try to talk to my friends about how good the skins really are and how they still have a chance this year I just get mocked.

So thanks alot guys.

:dallasuck

I don't post around here too much and I just recently signed up. But I have been a lurker since last season and I come on here everyday at work just to see what my fellow fans think of our beloved skins.

The reason I'm saying thanks is because there are alot of true fans on this site. All the crazy playoff scenarios we were trying to think of last year and so much optimism about us going 5-0 to close out this year.

Being from Cali there arent a lot of die hard skins fans and when I try to talk to my friends about how good the skins really are and how they still have a chance this year I just get mocked.

So thanks alot guys.

I live in NY so when I talk about how good the Skins are i get mocked too...

I live in the DC suburbs. We have quite a few "realists" here. ie. If its negative its reality, if its positive its fantasy. So in this case they say that if you see good things about the Redskins then you're just a homer.

Many people don't seem to have noticed the caliber of the teams the Redskins have played. The reality is that they're playing toe to toe with some of the best teams in the NFL this year. Once they learn how to finish a game, people will notice. They're very close.

Keep enjoying the positives! Reality can be fun, and in the case of the Redskins, there's plenty to enjoy, with more to come!

I know what you mean. Here in Missouri I get a lot of cold stares at my Redskins gear I wear. At work is where I get the most grief. Almost every day I get a "Redskins Suck" from one of my co-workers. I would love for us to make the playoffs to shut them up.

So thanks alot guys.

:welcome: :ciao:

I haven't posted a whole lot lately because I've been so busy, but I do LOVE this place. This is my sactuary, my refuge. I work with a bunch of anti-Redskins & opposing teams fans & only 1 or 2 Redskins fans out of about 40-50 people. I come here & I am home. The moderators & owners, as well as the rest of the community, have done a fantastic job at making this the best damn football site on the web (with a HEALTHY nod to the DTC! I love that site just as much as this one, but that's because I love to tailgate with them as well).

:notworthy :dallasuck :wewantd:

Hi Tour, There are four of us out here in California who still support the Skins. Moved here in fall 94 from Bethesda. It's a tough call staying the course with the skins being so up one week and down another, but we are hanging in till the bitter end. Write to us anytime.

When I talk about how good the 'Skins are.......

(sometimes I get mocked by other 'Skins fans ....OUCH !)

(sometimes I mock myself....Double OUCH !!!)

The big picture is that wea re getting better...we are better than last year, definitely better than 2 years ago.

We're moving the right way, regardless of what happens with playoffs this year.

I've been a Redskins fan since I was in a kid growing up in Alaska, then living mainly in Oregon and Washington. I'm constantly met with a "duh, what, who?" kind of reaction, or a "yeh, they're losers, why are you a fan? are you from there?". I usually say a thing or two to help enlighten them. It's good to be big.

Archived