Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Would you rather have??

SeanTaylor#21

Champ Bailey wanted a lot of money and he said the money we offered him was the starting point. I don't think that he is worth 15-18 million dollars for a signing bonus. Who knows if we would have actually drafted tatum bell. I would say that he is good back, but so was ruben droughns when he was there. Clinton has done good job. I am fine with the trade considering we could have gotten nothing if champ bailey signed as a free agent.

If Bailey were here, Springs wouldn't be here. Let's remember who we were able to sign with Bailey's money before we look at these kinds of scenarios. Springs was brought in to replace Bailey. I think he's been ever better than Bailey. So, the question should really be:

Portis + Springs vs. Bell + Bailey

I'll take Portis and Springs, thank you very much.

i hate it when people bring this up, we could not have kept champ either way, he said he had no intention of staying so we got something for rather than nothing (and he gets burnt all the time)

as for tatum bell, he is fast, very fragile, but fast

After the Clinton Portis trade ,

Would you have like to keep Champ Bailey and get Tatum Bell .or Clinton Portis

ill take portis even if you wanna give me tatum and champ just for portis...

Clintons a Complete back...

Average Runner, can break a long one once in a while

VERY good pass blocker

Good hands

Great Team guy

Can hold onto the ball

Only getting better

Plus we wouldnt have Shawn Springs, Shawn Springs is better than having Champ Bailey AKA give me my damn money *****

portis is a fantastic runner. Nobody is better in the entire league at making people miss in tight spaces, and it is very fun to watch if you pay attention. He doesn't break long runs because defenses that dont have to worry about blocks past the front four will tackle you every time. The only thing he lacks in the true gangster RB department is a solid stiffarm. Get serious, the only thing separating him from being a 100 ypg back is our lack of diversity on offense. No one should ever question his talent. When a #2 receiver steps up you will see a much happier (and therefore more productive) clinton portis.

the only reason i voted for cp is cuz i dont want bell. Now if i could have bailey and that second round pick back, i'd take it in a second. I love clinton and his 1300+ yards last year made for a "bad year" But i think betts is fine, didnt we spend a second round pick on him?! But we need help in a few other areas, and i would love to have that second rounder back

Even back then, I wanted us to trade Bailey for a no. 1 pick so that we could draft Steven Jackson.

Yes!!! That is what I have said all along. There is no other back in the NFL today that would fit this system (and excel in it) the way Jackson would. The man plays in the mid 230's and STILL has Portis' speed. He is a monster and it is a shame that he is stuck in offense that seems desperate to hold on to it's old "greatest show on turf" mentality. Make a committment to consistently run him, and I guarantee you he will lead the league in rushing the next 5 yrs. How upset do you think Parcells is? He drafted J Jones while Jackson was STILL on the board. Without question, the worst decision of that draft (except possibly the Philip Rivers deal).

Funny thing is, we didn't even need to come very far up into the 1st round to get him (he went 24th overall).

-- And the guy dogging Bell was right....he is even a worse fit in this offense than Portis.

Champ Bailey wanted a lot of money and he said the money we offered him was the starting point. I don't think that he is worth 15-18 million dollars for a signing bonus. Who knows if we would have actually drafted tatum bell. I would say that he is good back, but so was ruben droughns when he was there. Clinton has done good job. I am fine with the trade considering we could have gotten nothing if champ bailey signed as a free agent.

I agree CB was overated, he got burned too often. Portis is fine, but we need someone big (like Alstot) to pound the middle like we should have last week with 55 seconds left, instead of a stupid stretch play to the right.

I like to get Ricky Williams.

Archived