Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i would beat my child...9 year old argues with mother while playing Xbox live

dks1240

Xbox meet Ebay. Ebay -- Xbox.

Honestly though, what was the deal with the mother TALKING and ALLOWING the kid to talk for like 3 and a half minutes?!?

There are so many ways to end that conversation in a hurry (i.e., power cord, or better yet, breaker box)

I'll just never get why parents stoop down and act like their kids. Children need an authority figure, not someone to "bounce ideas" off of.

Xbox meet Ebay. Ebay -- Xbox.

Honestly though, what was the deal with the mother TALKING and ALLOWING the kid to talk for like 3 and a half minutes?!?

There are so many ways to end that conversation in a hurry (i.e., power cord, or better yet, breaker box)

I'll just never get why parents stoop down and act like their kids. Children need an authority figure, not someone to "bounce ideas" off of.

My kids would never dare talk to me like that :laugh:

I have used the breaker box a couple of times after my wife sent them to thier room...Gee ,punish them by sending them to watch TV and play games :rolleyes: .

Ya gotta hit em where it hurts. ;)

My kids would never dare talk to me like that :laugh:

I have used the breaker box a couple of times after my wife sent them to thier room...Gee ,punish them by sending them to watch TV and play games :rolleyes: .

Ya gotta hit em where it hurts. ;)

Why would you let your kids have their own TVs?

right, it starts off being kind of funny and then it just goes downhill. i really can't believe kids talk to their parents that way.

Before I became a principal, I was a counsleor. I would meet with students and their parents in my office often.

Kids telling parents to "STFU" was common......until I came across my desk. NEVER would they have told me that.....but the parents had lost control long before the kid got into high school.

Blondie

Why would you let your kids have their own TVs?

Why not?

They have tv,vcr,dvd and game systems in thier rooms.

They also are outstanding students,one was active in sports,outgoing and one is a voracious reader, both have taken advanced science and math courses.

Study hard,play hard is my theory. :D

No, my children don't talk like this. From a very young age they learned that a lack of respect and discipline would not be tolerated. My son looks at me when he see's a kid acting a fool and ask "Why do people have to act like that?" He's 11. I'm very proud of both of my kids. Very few people punish their kids today, they let them get away with most stuff. That's where the problem starts.

No, my children don't talk like this. From a very young age they learned that a lack of respect and discipline would not be tolerated. My son looks at me when he see's a kid acting a fool and ask "Why do people have to act like that?" He's 11. I'm very proud of both of my kids. Very few people punish their kids today, they let them get away with most stuff. That's where the problem starts.

I here ya her Skin. You can get a REAL good feeling about how well your kids behave by going to Disney World. Gives you a whole new perspective on the word "BRAT" :stick:

Amazing ain't it...you teach them right from the start and most problems never occur :cheers:

DKS, I didn't have to watch the video to tell you that this is a parenting issue, or that the mother uses the same language (who do you think the kid learned it from?). It's a shame really that potential parents aren't required to take parenting classes. Children are our greatest and most valuable resources period. Yes parenting is more challenging these days because of reduced moral standards with regards to media (tv, music, video, and video games) and other children that they are exposed to.

When the TV became popular, child programs soon followed and parents used the tv for a baby sitter. We are paying a huge price for that now. I firmly believe that violent video games, especially "1st person shooter" games are largely responcible for the school (and family, neighbor) shooting phenom of late. more on this later.

The human brain is like a sponge (especially children's brains), it will suck up information where ever you take it. Then the mind has a reflex that

adjusts behavior observations for normality. Monkey see, monkey do!

Example, If I droped you off on an Island, like Easter Island, to live with

cannibals for 10 years. When I came back, you would be chowing on a human arm with bbq sauce and telling me that "it's ok, that's what they do here" because your brain would have "normalized it". Keep this in mind when considering what you should expose your child (and yourself) to.

Man my dad would have beat my ass if I ever talked to him or mom like that (and rightly so). This kid is over with - might as well put him in prison now cause he is already effed up and I guarantee you he will be a menace until the day he dies.

Guest sith lord

It's actually an epidemic. It starts with bad parenting. From what I understand, you have to show your child who's boss from the time they're born.

I firmly believe that violent video games, especially "1st person shooter" games are largely responcible for the school (and family, neighbor) shooting phenom of late.

I agreed with everything you said other than this. I do not believe violent video games cause violence - lack of parenting or exposure to real violence do. I have played very violent video games since I was a small child (I remember playing Wolfenstein when I was 7). My friends and I played and still play violent video games however we are all successful and have no issues with violence or aggresive behavior. I certainly would not recommend letting a child play those video games like I did but I don't believe they are largely responsible as you suggest.

You don't have to hit your kid to get the point across. When I was ten, I used disrespectful language to my brother and I got the talk from my mom. No foul language, no yelling, no threats. Just quiet serious words that made me understand such language is not tolerated towards anyone. Never had a problem after that.

Guest sith lord
You don't have to hit your kid to get the point across. When I was ten, I used disrespectful language to my brother and I got the talk from my mom. No foul language, no yelling, no threats. Just quiet serious words that made me understand such language is not tolerated towards anyone. Never had a problem after that.

That type of discipline works on "some" kids.

Guest sith lord
WOW, I would take the X-Box and smash the damn thing right in front of him, then lock him in his room for about 2 months. Man, I can't believe that some parents let their kids talk to them like that. :doh: Truly sad.

Believe me when I tell you, that's not an isolated situation.

Archived