Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A positive thread about Mark Brunell.

Sherlock Holmes

Welcome one, welcome all, to the Mark Brunell show:

Recently i have seen Mark come under a lot of critiscism on this board. And its very annoying.

Brunell's ability to lead our 1-Reciever, 1-Tight end offense with its below average offensive line and Running Back who cant seem to establish the run currently, is outstanding.

img7660965.jpg

He has established himself as our starter when all thought he was done at the end of last year. Now his arm is fully recovered, his excellent deepball accuracy has proved one of Our major threats this season. With a reciever like moss, he is given more breathing room in the pocket, and when he rolls and throws on the run, his touch passes and his overall ability to find players for first downs is fantastic.

And boy, when it all breaks down, he can startle defences by scrambling for first downs when they least expect.

If Mark Brunell can lead us to a winning season, and build a foundation that Youngster Jason Campbell may take controll of next year, it will be an amzing acheivement.

This post is not to critisize other players, but to Praise Magic Mark Brunell.:applause: :notworthy

I agree. Everyone looks at his fumbles and thinks he is a terrible QB. Fact is, he doesn't have many more fumbles than any other QB, and has less than a number of them actually(namely Drew Bledsoe). Just our luck to not recover them.......ever, lol.

(enter sarcasm)

I mean dude, last night against the Jag's in Madden 2005, he hit 7 dif. receivers for 2 TD's and like 300 yards!!

(exit sarcasm)

He(I) really did though, just thought I'd add a little humor.

*HEART* BRUNELL!!

Recently i have seen Mark come under a lot of critiscism on this board. And its very annoying.

Brunell's ability to lead our 1-Reciever, 1-Tight end offense with its below average offensive line and Running Back who cant seem to establish the run currently, is outstanding.

img7660965.jpg

He has established himself as our starter when all thought he was done at the end of last year. Now his arm is fully recovered, his excellent deepball accuracy has proved one of Our major threats this season. With a reciever like moss, he is given more breathing room in the pocket, and when he rolls and throws on the run, his touch passes and his overall ability to find players for first downs is fantastic.

And boy, when it all breaks down, he can startle defences by scrambling for first downs when they least expect.

If Mark Brunell can lead us to a winning season, and build a foundation that Youngster Jason Campbell may take controll of next year, it will be an amzing acheivement.

This post is not to critisize other players, but to Praise Magic Mark Brunell.:applause: :notworthy

:doh: I can see partly with what you are saying but at the tender age of 15 I doubt you have seen the real Brunell. 5 or 6 years ago he was awesome. His issue now is fumbling. He has had an up and down year and personally that head to head hit he took against the Raiders he should have NOT played the second half. To me now he is nothing more than an above average second string QB. Personally I think if we have a Mike Vick, Peyton Manning or Donovan McNabb we would be on top of this division but that isn't the case and we are struggling. For some reason Gibbs see's something in Mark I don't and he is a HOF coach so I will wait until the end of the season before I make my final assessment. But go ahead kid I respect your thought process.

:notworthy

img7660965.jpg

=========================================================

And boy, when it's 3rd and two, he can startle all fans by throwing it twenty yards out of bounds...

And boy, when it's fourth down and he has to have a completion, he can startle the whole world by taking a sack....

=========================================================

Okay, got it out of my system. Yes, I actually do like MBrunell, but he's done some dumb stuff that last three games. Best option we have perhaps, so I hope he can lead us on a 5-0 roll.

Mark has played a lot better than I thought after the shocking first game switch from Ramsey....give him credit for that cause he played like ass last season!! His arm and mobility are much improved this year. That said we are 5-6 and going nowhere...I am saying it again PLAY THE KID!!!

his excellent deepball accuracy has proved one of Our major threats this season.

Just to let you know, that guy in the white and blue uniform and the number 18, the one with a blue horse shoe on his helmet - thats not Mark Brunell. Just thought you should know.

IF. A big IF. What if he doesn't? What then? As far as I'm concerned, we aren't 5-6, we're 2-6.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Here to you Mr. Headstuckinthesandfootballfanguy. You are a real man of genious!

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

I think that Gibbs should be using the Bootleg a lot more with Brunell. If he rolls out on 3rd and two he can either hit the open reciver or run the ball for two yards. I think that Brunell has had a nice season. He is certainly not responsible for our losses and should be credited for some great throws. Keep the faith, it's December and we're still in it....

I think that Gibbs should be using the Bootleg a lot more with Brunell. If he rolls out on 3rd and two he can either hit the open reciver or run the ball for two yards. I think that Brunell has had a nice season. He is certainly not responsible for our losses and should be credited for some great throws. Keep the faith, it's December and we're still in it....

The only time Brunell looks good is when he's rolling out. He's just not a pocket passer anymore.

Brunell has had a decent season and he's a great guy so I'm glad that he's been able to redeem himself after last season. But taken all together, after going 11-16 since signing him to a fat contract, it is clear that it was a mistake to sign him. And after going 2-6 in our last 8 games, there appears to be little justification for pulling Ramsey after week 1.

And after going 2-6 in our last 8 games, there appears to be little justification for pulling Ramsey after week 1.

I still don't buy this line of thinking...

We've gone 2-6 but NOT because of Brunell. He's been up and down for sure, but he was clearly out best bet this season at QB. It is becoming clear that we're not a playoff team, however, there was no way to know that even 3 weeks ago, so how can you call it a mistake to play Brunell?

Brunell is an above average QB. Not an all-pro just very solid. The upside he has it that it is quite possible to see him maintaining this level of play until an injury puts him on the sidelines for an extended period of time. It could be next week but it could also be in 2008.

Mmany here give lip service to continuity; more importantly you hear the players say it is the magic ingredient of a team that wins.

Stick with Brunell until he can no longer get it done. I understand the magical lure of the untested potential laden young gunslinger that has yet to enter the game. It's every teams favorite player. Let's see what young Ryan looks like this week for the Rams....

Real point here is that odds are strongly on the side of Brunell being the best hope of this team making a serious run in 2006/2007. The team is close to being there, continuity is the most needed ingredient in getting us the rest of the way.

He has established himself as our starter when all thought he was done at the end of last year. Now his arm is fully recovered, his excellent deepball accuracy has proved one of Our major threats this season.

I'm not sure if two passes to Moss on a Monday night can be considered a major threat for the season, but I will say those were two nice passes.

One was an 80 yd screen. Just because a receiver has a 30+ yd catch doesn't mean their QB throws an accurate/good deep ball.

Thanks for the condescending lesson. I realize that many different types of passes can result in a long play.

I also can remember specific passes vs. Dallas, Denver, San Francisco, and Tampa Bay where Brunell was very accurate on deep passes to Moss. I also remember throws to other WRs deep down the field too (Patten had a long TD get called back for pass interference and Portis dropped a TD just last week on a wheel route).

I agree with the Kid, Brunell is awesome. It's certainly not his fault we lost the last 3 games. very conseravtive play calling in the 4th quarter and penalties killed us. In the TB game, no offside penalty on the extra point and we would have been playing OT, and in the SD game, we were in field goal range at the end of the game until the holding call. The fact is Brunell has been really good this year. The loss of patten to take some heat of Moss really hurt, But how about Portis. Why not use CP in the passing game out of the backfield, that will make teams think twice about doubling Moss.

:logo:

One was an 80 yd screen. Just because a receiver has a 30+ yd catch doesn't mean their QB throws an accurate/good deep ball.

What are you talking about? Brunell could be the most accurate passer in the league! I can't think of 3 instances were he made an errant throw this year. when he gets time, he'll put the ball exactly where he wants to.

What are you talking about? Brunell could be the most accurate passer in the league! I can't think of 3 instances were he made an errant throw this year. when he gets time, he'll put the ball exactly where he wants to.

I commented on his deep ball. He is very accurate with his underneath stuff and screens. This is reflected by his high competion percentage.

Just to let you know, that guy in the white and blue uniform and the number 18, the one with a blue horse shoe on his helmet - thats not Mark Brunell. Just thought you should know.

IF. A big IF. What if he doesn't? What then? As far as I'm concerned, we aren't 5-6, we're 2-6.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Here to you Mr. Headstuckinthesandfootballfanguy. You are a real man of genious!

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Maybe hes talking the about some of Thoes Deep balls when he was just about to go out of bounds and throws the ball, having you think he throwing it out of bounds, just to have go in the End zone for a possible TD.

For your info I never seen the blue helmet guy do that...not yet at least :)

58% completions is not high. It's middle of the road to bottom third of the league. The elite qb's are close to 70% completions. Everyone talks about Mick Vick being inaccurate, yet he's right behind Brunell with a 57.1% completion percentage. So, don't go singing his praises just yet. If he wins games, I can overlook low stats. But if we continue losing, the stats play a part in that.

Archived