Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should have taken Fitzpatrick

GPREP HOG

I guess we took the wrong QB in the draft.......

Every single pre-season game I saw JC play in, well, I have to be honest.......he looks like a bust.......

I believe your evaluation of JC is totally incorrect. The guy is tall, mobile, has great accuracy, and beautiful touch. He's a rookie that needs to learn and be developed. I thought he showed great signs in preseason and have no idea what you were watching.

Here's an idea....wait until Campbell gets on the field and then after awhile measure his performance vs. what we gave up to get him.....just a hunch but I bet you'll find we got "value" .......

I may be biased as an Auburn fan.......but.....

4 Auburn Tigers on our roster...Campbell, Marcus Washington, Robert Johnson, and Carlos Rogers........we know how to ball down at Auburn.

No, we took the wrong POSITION in the draft.

Instead of campbell we could be making a run for the playoffs with Heath Miller replacing Robert Royal. Its who I THOUGHT we were going after in the first place. Cooley and Miller together? How awesome would that have been.

As for Ramsey he has been too screwed up by Washington coaching, hes gone in a season or two, and somewhere else he will show his skills. Not here, unfortunately.

At the risk of contributing to "the worst thread ever", allow me.

I have absolutely no idea how good your third string QB is.

This week, I don't really care, either.

I can give you some insight on the QB mentioned in the thread title, however.

Mike "QB Guru" Martz chose Jeff "Is there a Hit Left on that Bong" Smoker in the sixth round of the 2004 draft. After a practice or two in minicamp, Martz left him out to dry.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, a seventh round choice in 2005, received a very different treatment. Martz spent most of training camp with him, because he thought he saw something. Say what you want about Martz, but he does develop the odd QB.

I, along with many of you, have no idea how Ryan Fitzpatrick will turn out. He's got the initial Martz stamp of approval, though, and that usually means bad things for the rest of the league.

He looks like a kid who will survive Sunday's game.

Every single pre-season game I saw JC play in, well, I have to be honest.......he looks like a bust.......

I trust Gibbs more then anything, but it really looks like JC is not going to do the job.......

How is it that Orton and Fitzpatrick can lead their team with 'confidence' while JC could not through out the pre-season......

I have more faith in Gibbs then any coach......but JC just does not seem to have 'it'......he might be one sick athlete, might have a rocket arm, might have blazing speed........but he does not have 'it'.........

it is confidence, leadership, timing and most importantly inteligence........I forget where I read it, but someone was saying how JC is not the smartest guy on the block.......if you are a QB, you have to have some intelligence......

Lets hope Ramsey is the next Brees..................... :(

WTF????????????????

Are you serious? Sorry, but your creditiblity is shot after a statement like this. He hasnt even thrown a NFL pass yet and you say he cant be the guy!!!

Sorry, but your a moron if you think youve figured JC out allready!!!

I trust Gibbs more then anything, but it really looks like JC is not going to do the job.......

How is it that Orton and Fitzpatrick can lead their team with 'confidence' while JC could not through out the pre-season......

I have more faith in Gibbs then any coach......but JC just does not seem to have 'it'......he might be one sick athlete, might have a rocket arm, might have blazing speed........but he does not have 'it'.........

it is confidence, leadership, timing and most importantly inteligence........I forget where I read it, but someone was saying how JC is not the smartest guy on the block.......if you are a QB, you have to have some intelligence......

Lets hope Ramsey is the next Brees..................... :(

The more I read these posts, the more I realize how many fans hardly know a thing about football. :doh:

Mike "QB Guru" Martz chose Jeff "Is there a Hit Left on that Bong" Smoker in the sixth round of the 2004 draft. After a practice or two in minicamp, Martz left him out to dry.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, a seventh round choice in 2005, received a very different treatment. Martz spent most of training camp with him, because he thought he saw something. Say what you want about Martz, but he does develop the odd QB.

I, along with many of you, have no idea how Ryan Fitzpatrick will turn out. He's got the initial Martz stamp of approval, though, and that usually means bad things for the rest of the league.

This is exactly the reason why Jason Campbell is NOT a bust...he's got the Joe Gibbs stamp of approval. I mean, the man won 3 superbowls with 3 different QBs...I think he knows a little something about the position. GPREP -- please tell me you posted this thread just for shock value or something, and that you don't really believe it.

Fitzpatrick has played exactly one NFL game, Jason Campbell has played exactly zero NFL games. The fact that you are praising this guy and calling Campbell a bust based on that statistic make your opinion worth only a tiny bit more than the :pooh: I took earlier today. I didn't see the Rams/Texans game, so I have no idea how Fitzpatrick played, I only have the media to go by...who are often completely incorrect so I tend to ignore them.

As i hope deep down inside our defense makes him look like a rookie something tells me differently. Seems like our D has a nack for making rookies and nobodies, ie Chris Simms look like super bowl mvp's. Lets hope it doesnt happen again this week and we roll in there and slaughter this team

Sounds like you might be experiencing premature evaluation. :D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks Ax

After brooding over the impetuous commentary riddling these boards, your comment was a great relief. (and well put, I might add)

Archived