Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should have taken Fitzpatrick

GPREP HOG

I guess we took the wrong QB in the draft.......

Every single pre-season game I saw JC play in, well, I have to be honest.......he looks like a bust.......

I trust Gibbs more then anything, but it really looks like JC is not going to do the job.......

How is it that Orton and Fitzpatrick can lead their team with 'confidence' while JC could not through out the pre-season......

I have more faith in Gibbs then any coach......but JC just does not seem to have 'it'......he might be one sick athlete, might have a rocket arm, might have blazing speed........but he does not have 'it'.........

it is confidence, leadership, timing and most importantly inteligence........I forget where I read it, but someone was saying how JC is not the smartest guy on the block.......if you are a QB, you have to have some intelligence......

Lets hope Ramsey is the next Brees..................... :(

I guess we took the wrong QB in the draft.......

Every single pre-season game I saw JC play in, well, I have to be honest.......he looks like a bust.......

I trust Gibbs more then anything, but it really looks like JC is not going to do the job.......

How is it that Orton and Fitzpatrick can lead their team with 'confidence' while JC could not through out the pre-season......

I have more faith in Gibbs then any coach......but JC just does not seem to have 'it'......he might be one sick athlete, might have a rocket arm, might have blazing speed........but he does not have 'it'.........

it is confidence, leadership, timing and most importantly inteligence........I forget where I read it, but someone was saying how JC is not the smartest guy on the block.......if you are a QB, you have to have some intelligence......

Fitzpatrick had one decent game against the Texans and you think we should have drafted him? The only reason Orton has looked halfway decent is because the Bears defense keeps them in games...and they are in a awful division. Before we throw Gibbs/JC under the bus let's at least let the kid play a few regular season games....:rolleyes:

Okay, first of all, Jason Campbell has played what, in a mop-up roll in 4 preseason games in his rookie season, hardly enough time to say offically that he is "a bust". To do so this soon is moronic and shows a lack of judgement

Second of all, this Fitzpatrick kid has played in one game, against the 30th ranked Houston Texans defense, hardly a major test for him

And lastly, Kyle Orton is playing on a Bears team that is successful because it can run the ball well, which means he is not doing a lot to help the team, and that has a very good defense that can attack the other team's offense with it's front four alone. Orton is not throwing a great deal like say a Peyton Manning or a Carson Palmer would be allowed to

Get your facts better together before you try to rate a QB like Jason Campbell a bust before he has even played in a regular season game.

The jury is still out on Orton, and as for Fitzpatrick, well, his trial has just begun

Alot of analysts are extremely high on Jason Campbell, and expect Gibbs to play Campbell before Ramsey if he starts to look towards the future. I never watched Auburn play, so I can't comment on how well Campbell looked in college. All I know is he looked like a rookie, as they all did, in preseason. And unlike the Bears, Campbell wasn't forced to learn on the field as a rookie due to injury.

If Grossman never got injured, Orton would be on the sideline with a clipboard in his hands just like Campbell. Let's keep it in perspective, people.

Fitzpatrick had one decent game against the Texans and you think we should have drafted him? The only reason Orton has looked halfway decent is because the Bears defense keeps them in games...and they are in a awful division. Before we throw Gibbs/JC under the bus let's at least let the kid play a few regular season games....:rolleyes:

:applause: You nailed it. How did Fitzpatrick & Orton become the next "it" QBs in less than a season?? Love the 62 QB rating Orton has. How long has this guy been off the Shawn King & Elvis Grbac bandwagons?

In less than a season I wouldn't care if Jason Campbell looked as bad as Brett Favre or Steve Young did. :insane:

but he does not have 'it'.........

"It" is experience. Confidence and timing come with practice. His intelligence was demonstrated in college where he ran 3 different offenses. And leadership is not what you usually find out of a rookie QB qho is #3 behind 2 very solid QBs. "It" didn't come to Peyton his first year. "It" didn't come to Brees his first 2 yrs. "It" will be seen in the long haul.

I do hope Ramsey is the next Brees though. I really like the guy and think he can be a very good QB for us if given a legitimate shot.

Fitzpatrick came into last Sunday's game after Martin was knocked out. I highly doubt that he was even gameplanned for.

Now that there is actual game film on him, let's just see how "great" :rolleyes: he is this Sunday.

Now fans are touting someones scrubs over first round talent?? This fanbase needs a win in the worse way..............

GPREP HOG, I would think you being a graduate of a fine institution like Georgetown Prep (I went there) you would be smart enough to know that a rookie QB's first pre-season will not be the measuring stick of his career. Fitzpatrick also has an amazing cast of wide receivers in Holt, Bruce, and Curtis. Remember a guy named Rypien?? He had three great receivers, once he lost those he was a shell of his former self. Not to mention Fitzpatrick played against the Texans, who I'm pretty sure Prep's 2001 team could beat.

People are so quick to jump on Campbell being a bust and he hasn't even taken a snap in a regular season game. Is Aaron Rodgers a bust? Alex Smith must surely be a bust because he's already played games and been awful. When 2008 comes around you can tell me if #17 JC is a bust or not. Until then calm down and have some patience, the best is yet to come.

On a side note, the steps we're taking right now is much like the way the Bengals conducted themselves a few years ago. Kitna held down the fort, even made the team better, and paved the way for Palmer. When Palmer had a firm grasp on the team and system he was able to come in and show his ability. Maybe, just maybe, there is a method to Gibbs' madness.

A qb who knows the offense and all it's nuances like the the back of his hand is able to succeed as a qb because he doesn't have to think or remember where everyone is and what they are supposed to be doing, he knows. then there is a flow to his game and he has a confidence it's not a thought it's a flow of himself in the game. you remeber when we had ferrotte and he was struggling and we had a qb on the bench who had riden the pine for a couple of years and knew the offense very well. trent green was his name and he came in and did very well. while ferrotte was ok but do to the fact that he was thrown in their before totaly knowing the offense he started picking one reciever and watching him.i liked what i saw of jc in the preseason, i saw a poise and a quick release and good accuracy. he will be fine.

wtf it was his first games ever played in the nfl in preseason and he played pretty good for a rookie, he actualy played better then alex smith, aaron rodgers, and fitzpatrick and orton and all of them in the preseason cuz they all played like crap, campbell is not a bust cuz if you have seen him play you would know hes just that darn good.

Archived