Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watch TV for cash: I'll pay you to record Steelers game

Atlanta Skins Fan

OK, this is the second of four weekly pathetic requests to D.C area members to tape the Redskins preseason game, since the Atlanta stations don't have the good sense to broadcast it, and DirecTV Sunday Ticket doesn't include the preseason.

I'll pay:

$3 for VHS copy (LP speed)

$5 for VHS copy (standard 2-hour speed)

$10 for SVHS format

$15 for DV format

plus cost of tape and express delivery to Atlanta (you can use my FedEx number).

This week I'm looking for a partner to record the Steelers game, 8 pm Sunday night.

Please post replies here or send a PM. Highest bid wins. Thanks in advance for the help.

Atlanta, If I got the game I would make you a copy since I tape all the games I can anyway. You would only have to pay for shipping. During the year if the Giant or Eagle games arent on down by you I can tape those for you. Ask wild Bill and Blondie, I am a man of my word. I don't understand why this game isn't on ESPN? It is the only sunday night game. Why isn't it on ESPN?? Can someone please enlighten me why this is so?

And what really sucks is no sport's bars get the preseason games so you can't even watch them there. I am seriously thinking about driving down to Harve De Grace MD right over that bridge and getting a cheap hotel and watch the game and driving back to go to work the next day.

Originally posted by tommy-the-greek

I don't understand why this game isn't on ESPN? It is the only sunday night game. Why isn't it on ESPN?? Can someone please enlighten me why this is so?

If i am not mistaken ...I think Philly plays Sunday night , and they have the National televised game ....

But i have heard that the NFL Ticket has had some pre-season games on TV ...you have to check the day of the broadcast ....NorCalMike said that a bar here in Sacarmento shows SOME pre-season games , and that we will have to find out the day of the game ....I hope i hope:shootinth :shootinth

And what really sucks is no sport's bars get the preseason games so you can't even watch them there. I am seriously thinking about driving down to Harve De Grace MD right over that bridge and getting a cheap hotel and watch the game and driving back to go to work the next day.

Are you saying NO sports bars get the preseason games? Several of the sports bars here in South Florida showed the Carolina game (that's where I went to watch it). Supposedly the bars don't know where on the satellite the games are going to be until right before they start broadcasting. Then they must call the satellite company and try to find them (I missed the first 5 minutes of the game while they found it).

Anyway - I wouldn't be too sure that NO bars carry them game - it might be worth a few phone calls...unless of course you were just referring to the bars in your area, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get the game.

I watched the Carolina preseason game at a sports bar for fun. (I get allthe games anyway). If they have a dish, they can usually find the game. I also spend a summer living with my brother while he was playing baseball in the minors in Savannah Ga and I watched all the Redskins games via dish at a sports bar.

I called every Sport's bar around me and none of them get the preseason games according to them.

Atlanta, I am driving down to Harve De Grace MD. tonight with the wife and bringing a vcr with us to the hotel. I am going to tape the game if I can. I just hope I can set the vcr up to the hotel tv. If everything goes as plans I will pm you and we can make arrangements to mail a copy of the game to you.

Atlanta, I am driving down to Harve De Grace MD. tonight with the wife and bringing a vcr with us to the hotel. I am going to tape the game if I can. I just hope I can set the vcr up to the hotel tv. If everything goes as plans I will pm you and we can make arrangements to mail a copy of the game to you.

Wow, tommy, if you do that, I'll throw in an extra $5 for the effort. Good luck!

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

OK, we're rolling into Sunday and still no takers.

No one in the D.C. area has a VCR?

I'll even sweeten the deal: you tape the game for me, and I have to write something nice about Helton and Gardner.

;)

Ok ASF... that is a deal. Cash plus something nice to say about our #1 WR & O-Line Coach is too much to pass up :)

If Tommy cant work it out with the VCR, I will send you my copy. Also, if your REALLY nice to them, I might consider sending you the DVtape I will be taking from my seat at FedEx.

Then again, maybe not :evil:

No strings attached to my tape, so you better hope the hotel doesn't have any funky connections to the back of the tv.:laugh:

But I gotta admit reading a post from you saying nice things about Gardner and Helton would be a classic extreme skins moment.

:silly: :laugh: ;)

Well I gotta go finish the kitchen I started yesterday. ASF, I will send you a pm before we leave tonight so you know for sure we are making the trip. With 3 kids and 4 pets here sometimes things don't go as planned. The good news is my wife wants out of the house bigtime, she said if my back is bothering me when I get home she'll drive.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ASF, We are definately going. The boss just left to drop off the kids at her moms. I got everything packed. VCR and extra cable hookups, Got a new pack of Maxell High grade cassettes will tape in LP. I got the big cooler filled with beer and bringing my special bottle of JW blue for the occasion.

:cool: :cheers::D

ASF, We are definately going. The boss just left to drop off the kids at her moms. I got everything packed. VCR and extra cable hookups, Got a new pack of Maxell High grade cassettes will tape in LP. I got the big cooler filled with beer and bringing my special bottle of JW blue for the occasion.

:cool: :cheers::D

Cool! Good luck! I really appreciate the favor.

:cheers:

ASF, PM me your mailing addy. I will send you mine. I should have time tonight to make some copies. I have to go back and watch a few parts again too. Why the hell Sage isn't getting the credit for leading this team back. Shane should get some credit too.

And L. Jackson gets the play of the game. He stripped the ball from the steeler QB and it wasn't Oheallette's hit that knocked the ball lose. Look close at the tape and you will see the strip.

IMHO, Shane is in the lead, Sage is second and Danny is third.

Archived