Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

By Larry Michael

SkinFromNepal

Which players jersey should i buy?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which players jersey should i buy?

• Sean Taylor
    • Santana Moss
    • Clinton Portis
    • Cooley
    • other

By Larry Michael

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The Redskins are four plays away from having a record which would put them on top of the NFC East. The 2005 Redskins are still a team to be reckoned with. The Redskins are a team that has more heart and fight than I've seen around here in many, many years.

Last Sunday's game at FedExField was heartbreaking, but not spirit-breaking. Sunday's game revealed the potential of Carlos Rogers and why he was the team's first round draft pick. Sunday's game revealed a defense that can still get after you, a team that forced three turnovers.

Yes, the Redskins lost another game which they were so close to winning. There were some bright spots however, and come this Sunday when the team takes on the Rams in St. Louis, you'll be seeing a team determined to prove they belong in the hunt.

Hail to the Redskins and don't forget to check out Louis Riddick's assessment of what the team has to do to get it done!

Time Change Note: The Dec. 18 game between the Redskins and Dallas Cowboys at FedExField has been moved to a 4:15 p.m. ET kickoff. It will be broadcast nationally on FOX.

Springs Belongs In Pro Bowl Conversation

By Casey Husband

No Redskins player was more disappointed and frustrated following last week's 23-17 overtime loss to San Diego than Shawn Springs.

The veteran cornerback came up with a key interception of a Drew Brees pass with 1:12 left in regulation. That pass, intended for Chargers rookie wide receiver Vincent Jackson, was batted by Redskins linebacker Marcus Washington before caroming in the direction of Springs.

Still, Washington squandered the late opportunity and fell to 5-6 on the season. Full Story

Redskins Harvest Feast: Helping Families!

Redskins Owner Daniel M. Snyder, Redskins players and their families partnered with Harris Teeter and Ryan Homes to help distribute Thanksgiving food baskets at FedExField to Prince George's County residents in need last Tuesday.

The distribution took place on the main level concourse between gates A and H at FedExField. It was the third year the Redskins have hosted this food distribution event.

Redskin players who attended the event included quarterback Mark Brunell, linebacker Marcus Washington, safety Ryan Clark and cornerback Ade Jimoh, among others. Joining the Redskins, Harris Teeter and Ryan Homes to help distribute food was Prince George's County Executive Jack Johnson. Full Story

The Redskins are a team that has more heart and fight than I've seen around here in many, many years.

I can't disagree with you there, Larry. I, too, remeber Spurrier's club getting embarassed every other week.
Time Change Note: The Dec. 18 game between the Redskins and Dallas Cowboys at FedExField has been moved to a 4:15 p.m. ET kickoff. It will be broadcast nationally on FOX.

Hooray! Another nationally broadcast Redskins vs Cowboys game! Imagine if we sweep them on national TV!

A loss is a loss is a loss! Close to winning is no more significant than getting blown out in the final analysis. To quote Herm Edawards, "You play the game to WIN!"

I agree with this except for two games. The Denver game and the TB game. Both of those games were blown calls by the refs IMO. Especially the TB game, the non-revieable catch out of bounds was plain and simple one of the worse calls I had ever seen going against us. The tuck rule play was almost as bad, considering it was also a judgement call by the refs and that was allowed to be overturned by the instant replay. Plain and simple both games were lost by very bad calls.

Baghdad Bob Michael knows his job.

The Redskins are four plays away from 9-2. They are three plays away from 2-9.

I could list them.

1. The series of false starts in the Chicago game. I guess that's technically three plays, but it was one sequence.

2. Roy Williams getting beat on either Moss touchdown in the Dallas game. Brunell has not thrown two balls that pretty in years. One underthrow and this season is deeply depressing.

3. The missed field goal against Seattle.

We could have easily started the season 0-5.

Archived