Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many games do the Skins have to win, for this season to be declared a success?

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

I'm just wondering because I've heard some people saying if the Skins win 7, they'll be happy. And I totally disagree. I'll be the first to tell you that before the season started, I would of been happy with 9 wins, but after the 3-0 start, I was thinking playoffs. But now, if they could win 3 out of their last 5, I'll be happy. So in other words, my answer is 8.

What's yours?

Well, anything above 6 wins is a improvement over last year.

The 3-0 start changed all of our expectations moving forward so I think you really want to see 10-6 and a playoff birth to live up to that.

I'm done trying to predict what's gonna happen this season but I think we'll be contenders next year. This season we're still building.

Guest sith lord
Improvement = 6-9 wins.

Success = making playoffs. 10+ wins.

Thus, we improve, but another fail year.

6 wins wouldn't be an improvement.

Guest sith lord
2 - week 2 and week 15 :D

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Then you're more of a Cowboys hater than a Redkins fan.

I can't say I'd be disappointed with 8-8. Sure you always want to make the playoffs, but it would be a step in the right direction. Also, considering how insanely difficult our schedule has been this year I think that an 8-8 record would definitely make us an above average team.

Then you're more of a Cowboys hater than a Redkins fan.

Well, it was what i like to call a joke - see the little smiley guy at the end.

Win more then last year and your a success. Unfortunately the Skins won early so even if we go 8-8 it doesn't feel successful. If we started 0-3 and finished 8-8 we would all be very happy.

and yeah, i'm a cowboys hater - sorry

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:rant:6&under: bad enough record other factors will be little consolation.

:blahblah: :fortune:7-9: modest enough improvement in record other factors can be considered. (most probable)

:notworthy 10: good enough record no case can be made against Gibbs even by naysayers & media.

:notworthy *playoffs with any record: ditto.

anything less than the playoffs is a failed season. It's not like jason campbell is getting reps for next year - we're getting nothing out of this year as far as investment for the future (except for rogers) so basically if we don't make the playoffs this will be a pretty pointless season. You could argue that gibbs is 1 step closer to being a good play caller again, but if he really needs 2+ years to remember how to manage a game then that kinda defeats the point of bringing him in to begin with.

After we beat dallas i was predicting 11 wins, but now i'll say 9, I think zona and stl are wins, and we should be able to win 2 out of 3 against the division with 2 of those at home. I think with 9 wins and a little help we just might squeeze in to the p'off.s

Archived