Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After watching NFL's game of the week last night...

Fan4life

A few things bothered the hell out of me.

#61, the Chargers center, before he came out he was mouthing off that the Redskins weren't good anymore. Let me tell you, if it wasn't for LT, you guys would be in the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully, someone will pancake his ass this week.

Robert Royal....CATCH THE BALL!!! Our D played great until they got tired, because the Offense couldn't put together a drive. We had the ball 5 times in the 4th quarter and managed just 1 1st down. 3rd and long and we are passing to the ball to Royal? WHY? He can't catch. Hit Cooley, Moss or Jacobs on a slant. You almost can't defend it.

#31 when the Chargers won the toss, said SEE YA. Does he even play? Kind of reminds me of Jason Short of the Iggles, the guy is not good enough to play on D, gets a some special teams plays and acts like he's the man.

With our WR shortage, why don't we use Taylor a little on O, At least as a decoy. I'm sure he was tired from being out on the field so long.

Once again, we had a team beat and we couldn't get the job done. I don't think I can blame 1 person, but this **** is getting old. Real Old!!

Almost forgot, the Chargers other annoucer is a complete ass, he said Rock scoring a TD was garbage. :mad:

I don't like ot blame just one person, but I almost cried after watching Royal drop like 2 or 3 FD passes in the 4th quarter.

I agree. The last drop was right in his hands and it was at SUCH a critical moment. Did you see the look on some of the players faces standing on the sidelines after he dropped it? They were like "you dumbass"!!! :doh:

#61, the Chargers center, before he came out he was mouthing off that the Redskins weren't good anymore. Let me tell you, if it wasn't for LT, you guys would be in the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully, someone will pancake his ass this week.

Robert Royal....CATCH THE BALL!!! Our D played great until they got tired, because the Offense couldn't put together a drive. We had the ball 5 times in the 4th quarter and managed just 1 1st down. 3rd and long and we are passing to the ball to Royal? WHY? He can't catch. Hit Cooley, Moss or Jacobs on a slant. You almost can't defend it.

#31 when the Chargers won the toss, said SEE YA. Does he even play? Kind of reminds me of Jason Short of the Iggles, the guy is not good enough to play on D, gets a some special teams plays and acts like he's the man.

With our WR shortage, why don't we use Taylor a little on O, At least as a decoy. I'm sure he was tired from being out on the field so long.

Once again, we had a team beat and we couldn't get the job done. I don't think I can blame 1 person, but this **** is getting old. Real Old!!

If we aren't good anymore as #31 says, what does that say about their team who had to come back from 10 points and win OT. Sounds like that team is ****y esp for a team who wont make the playoffs.

What blew my mind was watching the LT overtime TD run in superslowmo. You can clearly see both Washington and Taylor being blantanly held. In Taylors case the guys has his arms completely around Taylors body under his arms and up onto his shoulder pads. Simply inexecusable on the part of the refs. That was far worse than the Rabach hold, and was at THE point of attack. Can't fathom how that does not get called, you know damn well if it was Rabach doing that there would have been laundry all over the field.

LT made a great run, no doubt about that, but without the holding it's a 4 yard gain at best. They still probably win the game, but you can't just give it to them like that just because they have LT. That's just plain wrong.

What blew my mind was watching the LT overtime TD run in superslowmo. You can clearly see both Washington and Taylor being blantanly held. In Taylors case the guys has his arms completely around Taylors body under his arms and up onto his shoulder pads. Simply inexecusable on the part of the refs. That was far worse than the Rabach hold, and was at THE point of attack. Can't fathom how that does not get called, you know damn well if it was Rabach doing that there would have been laundry all over the field.

LT made a great run, no doubt about that, but without the holding it's a 4 yard gain at best. They still probably win the game, but you can't just give it to them like that just because they have LT. That's just plain wrong.

CLEARLY TAYLOR was soooo held. the guy had his arm around taylor hugging him while holding his jersey as LT squeez by. Spilled milk...but damn REFS. :2cents:

I also loved our conservativeness again. Even the damn commentators knew what we were going to do!! Run up the middle, run up the middle, pass, punt!!

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Everybody in the stadium knew what we were going to do.....and if anyone can honestly say they didn't your LYING to yourself.

awww you sound so mad.

Of course that was like the first time I've ever watched, or payed attention to the "NFL game of the week." My only questions was, why were the commentators and the entire angle of the replay from the Charger's perspective? Maybe they always take the winning team's point of view but I'm just curious. I don't remember seeing any shots of GW talking to his guys or Musgrave talking to Brunell and the recievers, or Joe B. talking to Jansen and his fellow lineman. Please fill me in!

Can we stop blasting other teams calling them horrable when they beat us every freakin week? Its just idiotic.

And as for Royal, thats Gibbs fault. The man screws up every week and Gibbs leaves him in there, unlike A Brown who got one kickoff, and now is back. Told ya.

Steve Sable said it best..

Skins Offense just didnt get it done. And having the ball 5 x in the 4th quarter. With no score to show.

exactly...i can't get over the chargers spotting us 6pts and we still LOST at HOME! i can't complain about the pub the chargers get, they earned that win. another testiment of teams using the redskins as a stepping stone for better things. are we a glorifed scrimmage team?

also why wasn't there any sideline stuff from our team? what does gibbs have to hide?

That one holding penalty? Man...the Chargers were holding all game. If I'm not mistaken, they did not get one offensive holding penalty called against them. We'd blitz 7 guys and they'd only have 6 in pass-protection, yet nobody could get through. I'd love if if SF or sable would put together a montage of all the blitzes we ran to show the blatant holding that went on all game.

And on almost every LT2 run there was a hold. Garbage. :puke:

But of course, which holding penalty gets called? The critical Redskins' drive penalty. Not saying it wasn't a hold, it was a damn blatant one, but you haven't called dimp against the Chargers all game, and you throw the flag on us at that critical moment? Come on...super shady.

Of course that was like the first time I've ever watched, or payed attention to the "NFL game of the week." My only questions was, why were the commentators and the entire angle of the replay from the Charger's perspective? Maybe they always take the winning team's point of view but I'm just curious. I don't remember seeing any shots of GW talking to his guys or Musgrave talking to Brunell and the recievers, or Joe B. talking to Jansen and his fellow lineman. Please fill me in!

So they didn't show us at all during the game, like sideline and stuff??

When I watch game of the week, they usually have both teams.

I thought Frost did a good job punting. He was only punting the ball like 37 yards, but he kicked them high enough so that the receiver was forced to call a fair catch, thus resulting in higher net yardage than if he was to punt it 44 yards with a 10 yard return.

Secondly, I do believe the refs had to be Chargers fans, because they seemed to start throwing the flags as the Redskins were sealing the game up and Chargers couldn't do anythign on their own. The last TD drive the Chargers got happened because of the 3 penalties that kept them alive. Those penalties were never called earlier in the game, but as the game was nearing the end the refs figured they had to help the Chargers out a little so they could keep their playoff hopes alive. I'm starting to think that the NFL is somewhat planning who wins the superbowl each year, or at least deciding who makes the playoffs. This is proven when the refs consistantly give the teams with the winning record the benefit of the doubt. Each week whenever there is a close call that seems to be in favor of the Redskins, the refs choose to give it to the other team. [i.e. the Tampa game and the mysterious hold in the denver game that would have given portis a 16 yard gain and at least a field goal (both against teams with winning records and possible playoff births)]

Archived