Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just an Idea...Trade

qb18_200400

I love portis, i really do. But...I'm not sure he is having a good time with us. Every yard he gets with us he earns. In denver, he wasn't taking the punishment he is taking as a redskin.

It will probably never happen, but i'm just throwing it out there just because i wanna see what some people think.

Redskins trade:

Clinton Portis and Patrick Ramsey

to

Baltimore for

Ray Lewis and 1st or 2nd round pick.

The Ravens have declined Lewis' proposed contract extension and he may wanna get traded. With Jamal Lewis going elsewhere next year and their QB position sucking, they will need a new QB and RB.

We finally get a MLB that can put our players in the right position(like Pierce did) and make LaVar a DE/WLB and when LaVar is rushing, put Lemar back where he is good at. And then use Betts. the only thing is he gets hurt a lot, and Portis stays healthy.

Just a thought.

Ray Lewis is past his heyday. He's been dominant in the league for years and might even continue to be great, but his performance is only going downhill from here.

Plus why would you want to trade CP? That would result in such a big cap hit; space that we would need if we ever wanted to say Lewis. I see no possibility of trading Portis or Samuels (two highly paid players who some people wouldn't mind trading).

I really don't wanna trade portis, but I'm just worried bout how he is feeling with us. We cannot open a hole for him worth ****. But when rock and betts are in there, the holes are as big as they were in 1991.

This senario was just a thought, but If we do not open more holes for CP by the end of next season, i think he will wanna leave. Hes a tough guy and will do whatever, but taking such a beating isn't why he signed a $50 million dollar contract. I don't see LT taking beatings, or Edgerrin James. we have 3-pro bowlers on our line, there is no way we should be this bad upfront. run right all the time behind Thomas and jansen you know!

First off, CP is a far better back than Ladell. Ladell is constantly injured and appears to be a shell of the second rounder we drafted. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but certainly not as our #1 back.

Second of all, Lemar has done a fine job so far this season. True he has had trouble getting everybody into position on a handful of plays, several of which we got exploited on, but I believe he will develop into a tremendous MLB.

Third of all (that doesn't sound right), there is no way we would get a 1st or 2nd rounder w/ Ray Lewis. Ray lewis may be past his prime but he is the heart and soul of that Bal D. Without their D what are they? Nothing. Patrick Ramsey and CP is not their answer to their offensive woes, its their O-line.

My solution to the problem. See if we have a shot at sending PR with our 2nd rounder for Terrell Suggs. I know I'm gonna get lynched for saying lets get rid of another draft pick, but seriously folks what do you think we can get for PR straight up? I'd be happy if we land a 4th rounder. So essentially we would give up a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder for a beast DE. ? is would baltimore take it or require a # 2 next yr as well?

What do ya'll think?

Any hole that Ray Lewis would fill, would be counter acted by the gapping hole left at HB. Betts ain't a depenable starter. Aside from that, Ray Lewis is pretty much finished. He's a serious injury from retirement. And as far as Portis goes, the guy is maybe about to break the redskins season rushing record. Why would ya trade him.

First of all, why would they throw in a 1st or 2nd rounder with Ray Lewis :laugh:

Second they have a former 2000 yard rusher and Chester Taylor in the backfield, what are they going to do with Portis?

They have failed with the Boller experiment, why would they take a chance with a 4 year vet that has really proved nothing other then he can take a hit?

You can't give up on Portis so easily. He's 9th in the NFL and 4th in the NFC in rushing yards. Come on. And the reason you're giving to trade him? Because you're worried that he's not having a "good time" with us? Do you see how much money he's getting paid? Do you see his weekly press conferences? Trust me, he's having fun. Not trying to be rude but I would hate the thought of trading the 4th leading rusher in the NFC paying him the way we do just because you think we're not opening up holes for him and he's not feeling well playing for us. He hasn't broken any 80 yarders but I've seen plenty of solid 8-15 yard runs. Plus he's young as hell, there's no reason to trade him. Look at the way he picks up the blitz.

I love portis, i really do. But...I'm not sure he is having a good time with us. Every yard he gets with us he earns. In denver, he wasn't taking the punishment he is taking as a redskin.

It will probably never happen, but i'm just throwing it out there just because i wanna see what some people think.

Redskins trade:

Clinton Portis and Patrick Ramsey

to

Baltimore for

Ray Lewis and 1st or 2nd round pick.

The Ravens have declined Lewis' proposed contract extension and he may wanna get traded. With Jamal Lewis going elsewhere next year and their QB position sucking, they will need a new QB and RB.

We finally get a MLB that can put our players in the right position(like Pierce did) and make LaVar a DE/WLB and when LaVar is rushing, put Lemar back where he is good at. And then use Betts. the only thing is he gets hurt a lot, and Portis stays healthy.

Just a thought.

you and Michael Irvine need to stop hangin out together

I think Portis has no problem at at all with us. I think he is more concerned about the drops and fumbles of his teammates and himself, not his production, which is pretty above average. I just think we have tried to make him into the type of back that fits the Gibb's game plan, not exactly the type of Back he is.

Also, I think Rock Cartwright should be the # 2 Back and we should trade Bett's. I like Rock a lot in our Offense and given more reps he will open some eyes.

I would love to see Portis for Jamal Lewis straight up just so people who rip Portis can finally get their "power/Gibbs running back" and watch what he does behind this line.

Goodbye 1300 yards.

Hello 800-1000 yards and a 3.2 ypc. :doh:

But as to the trade proposed in this thread.

Ray Lewis has been overrated for quite some time. Once Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa were gone, good ole RayRay has not been as good and the media hypes him up to be. Couple that with the fact that he's old and coming off a couple of injury plagued seasons, forget it. RayRay is still a really good cheerleader though, perhaps the Redskinettes have a spot for him.

My trade proposal but I know they wouldn't accept it, I'd offer Patrick Ramsey for a 3rd round pick.

You can't give up on Portis so easily. He's 9th in the NFL and 4th in the NFC in rushing yards. Come on. And the reason you're giving to trade him? Because you're worried that he's not having a "good time" with us? Do you see how much money he's getting paid? Do you see his weekly press conferences? Trust me, he's having fun. Not trying to be rude but I would hate the thought of trading the 4th leading rusher in the NFC paying him the way we do just because you think we're not opening up holes for him and he's not feeling well playing for us. He hasn't broken any 80 yarders but I've seen plenty of solid 8-15 yard runs. Plus he's young as hell, there's no reason to trade him. Look at the way he picks up the blitz.[/quote\]

Agree. If CP is putting up those numbers, blocks the way he blocks, catches passes out of the backfield on a very consistent basis, very dependable, and he always shows great awareness on the field,[ knocking fumbles out of bounds, catching would be TD runners from behind, making great receptions. CP is a HUGE asset to this Offense. I am shocked redskins fans mention trading him. To me, CP Is the best all around RB in the league. Can you name another back in the NFL that does everything CP does with the same consistency CP does it. He brings it every single game, even when he is not having a great rushing day he is doing 2 or 3 other things on the field that changes the face of the game for the redskins. Losing CP at this point would hurt this team terribly. I see why Gibbs loves him.

What we need is Julius Peppers de of the pantha's, son of the late JW Peppers of the la state police.(ha ha ha ha).but really now guys portis isn't going anywhere. i hear that jones rb from detroit and possibly williams could be had. teddy lehman and boss bailey would give great depth.de help will be harder to find. maybe rucker.we'll have to see how it plays out.

We shouldn't have to open holes for Portis, that's the entire problem with our running system right now. EVERY big gain Portis gets is up the sidelines or to the outside in general. I get sick of watching them try and pound him on the inside time and time again. It's almost as if they're blind to his abilities.

Archived