Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Micheal Irvin's crack pipe means Hall of Fame for Monk.

Drockvb

Well, it is well known. Irvin caught with a pipe. Wow. Is this the window of opportunity Art Monk needs? I have heard alot of people in the media saying this is going to effect Irvin's chances at getting in. If this is the case i would love it. Monk is most definetely deserving this honor. He was a great player, and his time of induction is passed due. Thank you Crack Head. Monk is going to show you what a real man looks like. Enshrined. :dallasuck

Well, it is well known. Irvin caught with a pipe. Wow. Is this the window of opportunity Art Monk needs? I have heard alot of people in the media saying this is going to effect Irvin's chances at getting in. If this is the case i would love it. Monk is most definetely deserving this honor. He was a great player, and his time of induction is passed due. Thank you Crack Head. Monk is going to show you what a real man looks like. Enshrined. :dallasuck

It's a damn shame it's had to come to this to get one of the more deserving players in the last decade in there.

Bottom line is that Monk wasn't flashy enough for these nimrods to notice. He was busy actually just catching the ball and handing it to the referee and lining up for the next play, as opposed to preening for the cameras and making an *ss of himself. And when he wasn't catching the ball, he was lighting up corners, safeties, and even linebackers with his blocking.

You would think he would also get points for being a good guy on AND off the field.

You would think...

I'd love to see Monk get selected for the HOF and then do what Harry Carson suggested. "No thanks, I changed my mind while I was waiting. I don't want to be in the HOF." The HOF induction committee doesn't deserve to be in the same room with a player like Art Monk. Cracky Irvin....we'll that's a pipe of a different color.:)

Monk getting in this year?? We'll see. There's alot of Redskins haters out there in the media-especially on the HOF committee.

Especially SI's Dr.Z and Peter King. King has so much NY Giant bias that it's sickening. He said on ESPN radio the other day that Tiki Barber was on the same level as Tomlinson and that he'd take Tiki over Alexander.

With football reasoning like that, Monk will have a hard time getting in. :(

It was a crack pipe- said on Monday night countdown-

get off the crack

It was a marijuana pipe.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1128052irvin1.html

NOVEMBER 28--Michael Irvin fingered his brother when Texas cops discovered a drug pipe during a traffic stop Friday afternoon in Plano. According to a Municipal Court citation obtained by TSG, cops found the "multi-colored pipe w/ marijuana residue" inside a Versace sunglass case that was tucked under the driver's seat of a 2005 Mercedes Benz coupe driven by the former Dallas Cowboys star.

It's not just King's deal. The HOF voters are instructed to consider only a players onfield actions and not off the field issues. Now you know some people will still be swayed, but most will ignore the pipe.

Exactly, Irvin deserves to be in, as well as Monk. I just don't see either one making it this year :(

To be fair, I can see why those who didn't follow the Redskins don't think he belongs in the Hall...

However, those that followed the Redskins, or follow football under a microscope, regardless of favorite team, realize Monk deserves the honor...

Will this get him in? Who knows, but I sure as hell hope so...

Good luck #81!

Wouldn't suprise me if King pulled his patented "Off the field actions shouldn't have a bearing on the halls decisions" deal and still voted Irvin in before Monk.

True, but I bet if Monk got caught with a crackpipe then he'd never get in. Either that or the attention gained from having a crackpipe would make him a shoe-in. We should all learn a lesson from this: If Irvin gets in: Crack = good. If Monk gets in: Crack = probably less good than not doing crack.

Archived