Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walk the Line.

raperry2

• 3 months later...

4 stars, very accurate as well. My wife's grandparents used to live at the bottom of the hill that Johnny lived on in Casita's springs. Vivian used to have them up for dinner at least once a week. When she left she gave my wife grandma some fine china. They have seen the movie and are very impressed with it and how well it portrayed everyone, except for vivian they thought she was alot nicer than portrayed

4 stars, very accurate as well. My wife's grandparents used to live at the bottom of the hill that Johnny lived on in Casita's springs. Vivian used to have them up for dinner at least once a week. When she left she gave my wife grandma some fine china. They have seen the movie and are very impressed with it and how well it portrayed everyone, except for vivian they thought she was alot nicer than portrayed

Supposedly her family (some of the kids - not sure which ones) were very upset at the portayl of Vivian. All in all though, an excellent movie. Pheonix was amazing.

I just wish they had included his appearance on the Grand Ol' Opry when he smashes the lights. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Great movie if you have a home theater setup... turn it up loud. The music is great :cheers:

Overall I thought the movie was good. Not great, but good. I thought they had too much of June Cash in the movie... and I don't think they focused enough on just how revolutionary the Memphis Tennessee recordings of that era were. Rock & Roll exploded on the national stage out of nowhere. I thought they should have focused on that a little more... and where a lot of the other artists fit into the picture.

Oh well, still a good movie

Definitely a 4 star movie- thought it was better than "Ray," and I was a little bitter to hear Joaquin didn't win the Oscar, I definitely felt like he deserved it.

huh?

While I like Walk The Line, Joaquin never convinced me like Jamie Foxx did in Ray.

I really wish WTL focused on more than the love story though, thats my only complaint.

I hate to break up the party, but 1.5 stars. It would be only a half star if Joaquin Phoenix wasn't so good at "immitating" Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash has this strange quality where he sounds completely different when you're actually listening to his music, and when you're just thinking about listening to his music. Durring the former, he's a little more vulnerable. During the latter he's the living legend. Joaquin Pheonix sang Johnny Cash songs the way you picture them in your head. This lends a quality to the on stage performance scenes that's moderately interesting.

However, this is pretty much the problem with the movie as a whole. It doesn't give you Johnny Cash as he was, it gives you Johnny Cash as you imagine him. In spite of spending a lengthy period of time dealing with his pill popping addiction, it really paints the most favorable picture of Johnny Cash possible. It's plays much an episode of behind the music, where it says things like, "in spite of inner turmoil(supported by an image of him hanging out with at a big party) his art continued to soar. I didn't feel like I was watching any real person's life, just the prepackaged rock star biopic(troubled childhood, rise to fame, fall into excess, woosh, redemption). The Johnny Cash movie should have been darker, looser, dirtier, and should have had more of a focus on his faith. This version was really just a nothing movie.

I wanted to love this movie, because I love Johnny Cash, but the fact that I love Johnny Cash was exactly the reason why I couldn't love this movie.

easily best movie of the Year 4 stars! way better than that 2 gay cowboys eating pudding crap that hollywood ate up! Reese witherspoon actually sounds better than June Carter cash! great soundtrack but although phoenix is solid he just doesnt hit the low notes like Johnny! Only saw Johnny cash live once but the Man revolutionised music by showing you dont have to have a beautiful voice just talent.

huh?

While I like Walk The Line, Joaquin never convinced me like Jamie Foxx did in Ray.

I really wish WTL focused on more than the love story though, thats my only complaint.

Agreed; Jamie Foxx in Ray >>> Joaquin in WTL.

It was a very good movie, imho; and Joaquin's singing sounded almost exactly like JC!! It was crazy...

I'm with TK and others...it seemed to end way too soon...:whoknows:

Archived