Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

for the brunell vs. ramsey vs. campbell

LaVarIsDaMan

this is not for this year... so all those "put ramsey or campbell in right now for experience!!" posters, stop it. this is not the thread for it...

okay, here is what i'm getting from what's ultimately been going on. brunell is old. i know people like brunell, and i like brunell too. he can still move in the pocket, (borderline) still has the arm strength to throw it downfield,(borderline) and has the experience. BUT he is old. this and a number of reasons why tell me:

this is almost definitely his last year..

hey i call them how i see em.

explain to me after one of the most horrendous years a quarterback could have, with a big contract, would you honestly keep this guy? not only did he lose games by himself last year, he was hitting our cap hard.

because this is his last year.

why was the leash on ramsey so short? why was brunell's contract not re-negotitiated? why did we draft campbell?

because this is his last year.

okay, so say i am right.. (for once in my life :laugh: )

what happens with ramsey and campbell?

simple. ramsey get's a one year contract and is told this is his team. this is your team, son. the only way you can lose this job is if you lose it yourself. no more controversy with you, patrick. you are the starter, you play well and win some games for this team like we should, then you get your 6-7 year deal and we're set.

BUT.... you play like you have been... the cold feet, the horrid throws, the "kwame brown effect" (young, good size, talented, POTENTIAL, but doesn't have "it") then you don't get the contract, you don't get the glory, and good riddance.

call it a hunch, but i call it joe gibb's plan from the very get-go...

and so what happens then? brunell: retired. ramsey: kwame browned. JASON CAMPBELL. now that "waste of a first round draft pick" has a year and a half of getting used to the nfl, the offense, his teammates, and everything that does come with time is now considered a genius pick by mr. gibb's himself. (think carson palmer, except on a better team)

any questions? :2cents:

If this is Brunell's last year, then maybe someone should inform him so that he can help us win out the rest of the season and go out on top of the NFC east. I would think that Ramsey has just about had it with the Redskins - I wonder if it's more likely that Campbell will be primed as the starter next year, Brunell will go to backup and Ramsey will be traded away. If this IS Brunell's last season and Ramsey gets the nod for next season, then I see a repeat of the last 2 seasons: at some point the starter (in this case, Ramsey again) will get pulled and replaced for the rest of the season (in this case, Campbell). The problem is that I don't see us keeping Ramsey around as a backup, I don't see us keeping Brunell around as a backup, and none of us known if Campbell is going to amount to anything.

any questions? :2cents:

Yeah I have one. Why would you think in the least bit Gibbs wants to start Ramsey? He has no plan for Ramsey, and no he wont start. He was a reach made by Spurrier and that is it. How many of his Florida QB's have made it? Spurriers eye for talent isnt all that great. Gibbs didnt like ramsey from the start. He went out and got Brunell in year one then Campbell the very next season. Both guys have played in meaningful games, not slaughterfests at Tulane. :rolleyes:

Yeah I have one. Why would you think in the least bit Gibbs wants to start Ramsey? He has no plan for Ramsey, and no he wont start. He was a reach made by Spurrier and that is it. How many of his Florida QB's have made it? Spurriers eye for talent isnt all that great. Gibbs didnt like ramsey from the start. He went out and got Brunell in year one then Campbell the very next season. Both guys have played in meaningful games, not slaughterfests at Tulane. :rolleyes:

Hit the nail on the head with that one! Good call. :applause: :cheers:

and i'm not trying to diss patrick, who i think is a great kid, and has a lot of class, but has he really shown anything to warrant "great draft pick value"? I know at one point there was talk of a first rounder from Miami, but i'm betting now he would bring no more than a 3rd rounder. Maybe even a 4th. I hope i'm wrong, but wouldn't hold my breath for a 1st or 2nd rounder...

I wouldn't mind if things played out like this, but I don't see Brunell retiring just yet. He still does a few things quite well and he's competative. I think it would be in Ramsey's best interest to seek a trade after this season, and I think we could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder given the sorry state of QBs in this league.

That post by "Lavarisdaman" is crazy. He just makes up points about a contract not being renegotiated and has no idea that Ramsey has a year left on his contract. Plus the whole Ramsey will start in 2006 theory he has i'm still trying to understand. Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that one.

Brunell did re-do is contract at the start of year. Your theory is not every strong. Brunell will start-off next season as the starter, Campbell number 2, and Ramsey is gone (either traded or released).

Ramsey will be traded for a pick.... released? Are you kidding me?

okay...

listen, it's JUST a theory. i guess i was wrong, but someone had informed me that this was ramsey's contract year. and about brunell's contract? when was it re-negotiated? what were the terms of the contract? not saying you're wrong but i don't remember this happening at all...

aqq That post by "Lavarisdaman" is crazy. He just makes up points about a contract not being renegotiated and has no idea that Ramsey has a year left on his contract. Plus the whole Ramsey will start in 2006 theory he has i'm still trying to understand. Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that one.

okay...?? im sorry i wasted time from your life for reading a post? is that what im supposed to do? apologize to you for reading my thread? your intelligence is greatly appreciated though aqq.

anyway...

i just can not see brunell starting next year. i really can't. he started off the season great. i remember commentators talking about "comeback player of the year".

but he is wearing out. watch him play. he looks like almost the brunell of last year. turnovers, limited mobility, not throwing the deep ball effective at ALL.

but listen... you don't have to agree with me that brunell will retire. you don't have to agree with me that ramsey will be the starter next year. but agree with me on this...

Brunell- is- old. its happening sooner or later... why not sooner for the future of the team?

Archived