Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beers per week

Cdowwe

File this under when I was young. Up until I was 31. I will say this is not bragging by any means. Hell, I think it's damn scary when I look back at it. When I was in the service, I drank about a case every week,(except a 3 + month time when I stopped drinking). When I was a bartender, I would laugh and tell people I only drank when I worked. Which was for the most part true. However, I worked 6 days a week during the winter and 4-5 during the summer. At those times, I would drink roughly 4-6 beers a night,( Twice that when I did the 3 double shifts for a 2 year time). And then add on say, 8-10 shots and/or shooters,(again adding on a few on those double shifts). And that was before we closed. Add on a few of each after closing. And I maybe shorting that some. Hard to remember. How the hell I survived that I have no idea.

I am usually good for 40 or so a week, but strictly on the weekends. Thursday counts as the weekend.

College was really bad, especially the last semester when I only had classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I actually got a job at a bar to support myself. I would end up owing them money at the end of the week. Im not kidding.

Man, those were the days.

I probably drink between 10 and 20 a week, depending on how wild the weekend. Less if I spend both Friday and Saturday with the g/f. One thing I learned...When you hit 27, forget about drinking the night before work. I can't contain my hangovers like I used to. :(

I probably drink between 10 and 20 a week, depending on how wild the weekend. Less if I spend both Friday and Saturday with the g/f. One thing I learned...When you hit 27, forget about drinking the night before work. I can't contain my hangovers like I used to. :(

I'm 27 and I learned this same lesson recently. I cut back from a few beers a night after work, to one or two glasses of wine a night, to only drinking on weekends unless I go to happy hour.

When you hit 27, forget about drinking the night before work. I can't contain my hangovers like I used to. :(

I know all about that myself. I used to be able to do the Friday/Saturday/Sunday run then go right to work. I remember in 2001 (the night the Yankees lost the World Series to Arizona), I was at the bar from the 1 PM NFL kickoffs until the end of the Yankee/DBack game. I must have had 30 beers & a pack of smokes that day. I went home, got up at 8 & went to work.

There's no way in hell I could pull that off today. That's why I've conned my boss into letting me take Monday's off during the football season. So I don't have to worry about my slow recovery..........

I don't drink on a weekly/daily basis. I'm much more of an "event" drinker. If we go to the game, I'll have quite a few beers or mixed drinks. If I'm on vacation, my consumption goes up quite a bit. But other than special occasions, I'm not a drinker.

I drink 1-2 a week. I almost always have one on Friday nights after work. Occassionally I'll have one more sometime during the week. I never drank much because I was always playing soccer. Plus with alcoholism in my family, I've always been very careful.

Definately in the 80+ range - beer pong, cases races - they add up!

I am getting worried tho, how long can my body tolerate this? I don't get hangovers either - isn't that a bad sign? Oh and every male in my family has had a drinking problem at some point in their life. I should be more careful about this.

Oh well, by the time I enter law school I doubt I will have time to drink. Although I'm not sure how I feel about the last statement...

Archived