Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Accomplishment

Cdowwe

Great idea for a thread!

I'll play (although if you hadn't forbid it, being a good parent would be my true #1!).

Leading a platoon of Marines into combat - without question - was the most mentally challenging thing I've done and likely will ever do.

Greatest physical achievement - I ran the Perrier Cherry Blossom 10 mile road race in 55 minutes at age 19, and getting through Marine Corps boot camp at Parris Island, and Infantry Officer's School in Quantico were up there too.

Can't wait to read the responses.

I sacrificed a beer to save a 2 year old from falling down a flight of stairs backwards.

If I was really skilled I would have saved both child and beer.

Other than that I would say the greatest accomplishment was my trip across country and up to Alaska with my father. It wasn't nec. the hardest thing I've ever done, but It was the most rewarding and probably an accomplishment that I will share with my father forever.

Ive had a short life so far, but I still have some personal accomplishments. For some reason, I always place the physical ones higher than mental ones, so Ill forego talking about college and learning and that type of stuff. My football experience, especially my Sr year stands out. Im not one to bring up every memory of high school football though. Going skydiving took some guts on my 18th, especially when I found out an hour before that the place wasnt liscensed, but went anyway.

Helping a homeless man get his feet off of the ground. He only has one arm and he is schizophrinic. His arm was shot off in 1989 in Panama. But anyway my wife and I allowed him to live in our house until he found a job, transportation and a place to stay. That took all of just 7 months. I taught him how to budget his money and how to be thrifty. Over the coarse of a year he began selling his sculptures and paintings on the street. People were so in love with his art that businesses began buying his oil paintings and clay sculptures. Now we can see his work in the lobby of B of A building in downtown Charlotte, the Museum of the New South, Westin Hotel also downtown and in various other small businesses in the area. Now he is living in a $200,000, 2200 square ft. home and driving a 2004 Accord. Something just told me to pick him up on that hot July afternoon 6 years ago. Now he is a successful businessman.

Helping a homeless man get his feet off of the ground. He only has one arm and he is schizophrinic. His arm was shot off in 1989 in Panama. But anyway my wife and I allowed him to live in our house until he found a job, transportation and a place to stay. That took all of just 7 months. I taught him how to budget his money and how to be thrifty. Over the coarse of a year he began selling his sculptures and paintings on the street. People were so in love with his art that businesses began buying his oil paintings and clay sculptures. Now we can see his work in the lobby of B of A building in downtown Charlotte, the Museum of the New South, Westin Hotel also downtown and in various other small businesses in the area. Now he is living in a $200,000, 2200 square ft. home and driving a 2004 Accord. Something just told me to pick him up on that hot July afternoon 6 years ago. Now he is a successful businessman.

Wow....now thats an amazing story. You and your wife are special people.

:applause:

What a great story, the odds that the man overcame. Thanks.

I was part of a swimming relay team that set a national record.

I swam 3 miles in about 2 hours

Passing the Florida General Constractors Exam (18 hours) was rewarding

But that doesn't beat the many gifts that I have recieved from staying clean and sober for 16 years.

Well, there's a few things that stand out in my life, from silly to serious...........

I still hold the all time record for days in a row playing hookey from ST Margrets School. Nine days, and man did I catch a woopin from the head penguin...................and my dad. I still have a nott in my left but cheek from that one ;)

I won a contest for drinking shots of Tabasco. Eighteen shots in just under 30 minutes. You want to talk about pain the next day

:movefast: :toilet: The prize was the biggest bottle of Tabasco you ever saw :doh: Ahhh to be young and dumb..................

I skitched (pulled by a car by hangin on the bumper in the snow) about 3 miles before wiping out. Young and dumb part II.......................

I've switched from the drivers seat to the passanger Dukes of Hazard style (over the roof) 15 times. Young and very dumb part III...............

I was the first person to complete Engineers training in the history of our Fire Dept in under 6 months, and was also the youngest at the age of 19. This was truely a huge accomplishment.

Becomming an officer in the company was also a very big day.

I was involved in dozens of rescues over the 13 years I was in the fire service, including saving a brothers life in a structure fire, but the greatest single act was jumping into the rapids of a river to pull out a drouning girl.

I've always felt that putting you butt on the line for other people is the greatest thing you can accomplish. My only regret is I didn't get the chance to be part of our military, but being a volunteer firefighter was the next best thing IMO.

I've served in the Army Reserves, the Navy, and the Marine Corps. I've been to 30+ countries, and know "thank you" in 15 languages. My job as an instructor compells me to do what I enjoy, passing knowledge and skills on to others. I've helped many sailors and Marines increase their proficiency in a foreign language, I got Marines to qualify with a pistol who have never qualified, and I got Marines to shoot expert who have never shot expert. I own the pistol record at two units. I've been to the Persian Gulf three times, though not with the war efforts.

I suppose there's not really a single accomplishment in there, is there? Oh well, it's what I have to offer.

That, and being a rescue daddy, providing a safe home to a starving Russian Wolfhound (who is no longer starving, and probably could afford to lose a few pounds).

not too much going on at the young age of 21 so this is what i have so far:

-graduating with my undergrad degree in three weeks is going to be a pretty big accomplishment.

-the summer before last i went down to honduras on my own and volunteered in an orphange for a couple of weeks. 400 orphaned children all together and only me and three other people there spoke english (i speak spanish well though) pretty scary/exciting thing for a 19 year old girl to do! I don't know if i'd let my 19 year old daughter fly down there on her own, we'll have to see when that time comes. it was tough but i'm glad i did it--those kids really needed the love and affection.

here are some of the kids:

P1070821.jpg

-also another big accomplishment is just keeping my parents happy and proud of me. my sister and i are the first girls in the family to make it to 20 without getting pregnant! :doh: :laugh: I am also the second in my family (behind my older sister) to graduate from college. And hopefully I'll be the first to get my masters!

This is a great idea for a thread :cheers:

Rowing...rowing a million+ meters this year...rowing a marathon, too.

Selling $45,000+ of knives as a college student when no one believed I could get that far. making it up through management at the same job to sales manager.

Getting my real estate license and slowly but surely seeing my career come together.

This is a great idea for a thread :cheers:

Rowing...rowing a million+ meters this year...rowing a marathon, too.

Selling $45,000+ of knives as a college student when no one believed I could get that far. making it up through management at the same job to sales manager.

Getting my real estate license and slowly but surely seeing my career come together.

Was it cutco knives?

Ok I will be open and honest with this one. I have considered posting a few things I have learned on my recent journey here hoping to help anyone else out there but I have yet to be able to. This past June I decided to face my darkest demon. Most of you know I lost my brother at age 12. For 6 years I denied his death then for 12 more years I ran from it and would not face it. I am to the point I can not remember who my brother was. One day while searching on ES for tickets for a few friends for a game I PM a member and we started talking about SC and come to find out he knew my brother. Since that I started my quest to remember him. It only took 18 years. Well I have now been in contact with his classmates from high school and the air force academy and I have hung a picture of him up. I am starting to get to the point where I can talk about him (he died around the holidays) and I found out that we are very similar to each other. So I am still working on my quest but atleast I am finally facing my demons. One thing that has come out on my quest is that I shut down with in 10 minutes of the military telling my family about his death. With in 10 minutes I went from I have a brother to I had a brother. Everything was past tense.

Archived