Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings

FightForOldDC21

how are the eagles in front of us, when they barely beat the 2-9 packers. I guess its because they broke a 4 game losing streak by winning, and we are on a 3 game losing streak.

Other than that i understand why we are 18th. We have lost 3 in a eow, and arent playing very good football right now. WE need to get back to our winning ways with a W on the road vs. St. Louis

I noticed that 4 out of the 5 teams we beat are ahead of us...

9 of the 11 teams we have played are ahead of us. The only 2 lower are the 9'ers and Raiders...and we are 1-1 against them.

I think it would be a tough argument to try and place the Skins ahead of the Bears, Seahawks, and (gulp) you know who's. A reasonable argument could be made to have us ahead of the Eagles.

Also, our next 2 games are against teams below us. Not that any of this matters, but don't expect a whole lot of movement if we win those 2.

Guys why do I see the same tired arguments each week? "but we beat them"

People, power rankings change weekly...who you beat a few weeks ago doesn't mean anything. All that matters is who is winning now and who looks the strongest overall. We beat the bears....should we be ahead of them? Hell no. They are having a miracle season and we are busy "fighting our guts out" to the tune of a less then .500 record.

The Eagles won while we just dropped two at HOME one of which was to the pathetic Raiders. That is why the eagles are ahead of us.

Guys why do I see the same tired arguments each week? "but we beat them"

People, power rankings change weekly...who you beat a few weeks ago doesn't mean anything. All that matters is who is winning now and who looks the strongest overall. We beat the bears....should we be ahead of them? Hell no. They are having a miracle season and we are busy "fighting our guts out" to the tune of a less then .500 record.

The Eagles won while we just dropped two at HOME one of which was to the pathetic Raiders. That is why the eagles are ahead of us.

Well said. :applause:

I dont see why fans of a seriously underachieving 5-6 team would complain about the ESPN Power Rankings which are a complete joke year after year anyway.

If we were 10-1 and ranked below teams we beat then you have a point in complaining but come on, Chicago is 8-3 and has won every game it should have and a few that they shouldn't have been close in. They are doing what our team has failed to do and the last 2 weeks have beaten prettty good teams and even finished off Tampa in Tampa which our defense failed to do (with a referee assist).

I can't TOTALLY disagree. But I think people are looking into our losses a little TOO far. Fact of the matter is that if you take our our 4th quarter performances for the last 3 weeks, we're an 8-3 team right now. If our playcalling stays agressive throughout an entire game, we win hands down. There isn't one team on our schedule that can beat us if we DON'T get conservative at the end of the game to give up a lead.

I can't TOTALLY disagree. But I think people are looking into our losses a little TOO far. Fact of the matter is that if you take our our 4th quarter performances for the last 3 weeks, we're an 8-3 team right now. If our playcalling stays agressive throughout an entire game, we win hands down. There isn't one team on our schedule that can beat us if we DON'T get conservative at the end of the game to give up a lead.

may there was alot of IF's in your post. To bad IF's dont get it done...

3 losses in a row, 2 at home, makes us among the worst in the NFL right now. I wouldn't care if we were ranked last - all that matters is that we turn this thing around and finally start WINNING again! Win first, worry about respect later.

Archived