Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are things really so horrible?

AlexRS

If I remember correctly most of you expected to lose the SD game. As a matter of fact, most people expected to get blown out. It sucks to lose in such a fashion, but at least we were competitive. Yes TB and Oak games hurt bad... but how can you say that the sky is falling after expecting to lose to SD in the first place? :helmet:

Yea when you expect to get romped and you get romped its ok. When you expect to get romped and your team is up 10 in th 4th quarter, and they blow the lead - you get extremely pissed. If this team sucked no one would be angry - fact is they are good and they just shoot themselves in the foot every week and that, more than anything else, is absolutely maddening.

The only reason for anyone to expect to lose the SD game is not because of the talent, but because of the coach. Gibbs will always give teams an oppurtunity to come back and win the game and he proved me right once again last week and for the past 2 years. He needs to retire and let Gregg Williams take over. Atleast he has enough since to get a Offensive Coordinator with all this talent we have on offense.

After last season i was hoping for us to at least be competitive and possibly make the playoffs. We are definitly co mpetitive this year. Im not giving up on this year yet im just thinking next year we are gonna be a force. However i think of playoff hopes are still alive this year with a few big wins and a few big losses from our division foes i think we are OK.

Yea when you expect to get romped and you get romped its ok. When you expect to get romped and your team is up 10 in th 4th quarter, and they blow the lead - you get extremely pissed. If this team sucked no one would be angry - fact is they are good and they just shoot themselves in the foot every week and that, more than anything else, is absolutely maddening.

It is ok to lose to a team that is better than you. But the Skins right now are losing to those teams as well as the ones they should not lose to. So maybe there is no reason to be so upset about this loss. But there is reason to be upset about the loss to Oakland at home, the throttling we took by the Giants.

In fact I changed my mind there is no excuse to lose when you are leading in the fourth quarter and to an Oakland team at home, and 6 out of your last 8 unless you are not a good team. We are looking like not a good team.

We have a small window of hope right now. We will see how it plays out

After last season i was hoping for us to at least be competitive and possibly make the playoffs. We are definitly co mpetitive this year. Im not giving up on this year yet im just thinking next year we are gonna be a force. However i think of playoff hopes are still alive this year with a few big wins and a few big losses from our division foes i think we are OK.

This is how most of us were. That 3-0 start really gave us some false hope it seems.

I think we've taken some steps in the right direction this season. Last year we hoped to be in games and possibly steal them. We beat a BAD team like the Lions on a blocked punt and a trick play for example. This year, we're competing with everyone (great teams like the Chargers, Seahawks, and Broncos) we play!

Things are only horrible if we don't win the next 5 games. If we do, we'll have some good momentum going into the playoffs against a pretty weak NFC. In fact, there would be a good chance that our first playoff game would be against a team that we had already beat.

I'd say that 7-6 going into the final 3 games would not be so horrible.

However, the Rams offense could very well be the best we've faced so far. They are to QBs like Denver is to RBs. Luckily their defense could also be the worst we've faced so far. I really don't like the idea of Gibbs doing the run-run-pass-punt against the Rams in the 4th quarter. We need a 49ers-style blowout.

Archived