Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey Clark: A Profile in Treason

nelms

He already has Iraqi defense attorneys. Why is a U.S. citizen (and a former U.S. Attorney General) providing legal defense for an enemy of the United States?

What if this was Adolf Hitler? Would you still approve?

Why? Because there are no Iraqi lawyers equipped to handle this kind of case and the case has massive complexity and international significance.

Are you asking if Adolf Hitler should have a legal defense, and if the trial is being held under US auspices and rules, should it be a US attorney? Yes.

Bashing defense attorneys is a time honored tradition. I'm glad to see that it is alive and well. I had Civics class back in 4th grade, and learned that everyone deserves a competent defense in order to assure the legitimacy of the legal system. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

That is a valid point worth considering.... if you believe that Ramsey Clarke is the best and most prestigous.

Preliminary reports from the Arab world are saying he's not even close.

If that's the case, then that certainly mitigates my perspective. In any case, there's something to be said for a former US Attorney General, the highest post a prosecutor can have in the American government, is representing Saddam.

you could learn a lot from Iheart's post as well.... more specifically his tone. ;)

That's right! Remember the unwritten Rule of the Tailgate: Only conservatives get to rant, mock and point fingers around here - Liberals have to be polite and deferential at all times. It's only fair. :cheers:

Personal? I don't even know the guy, so how can it be personal.

Maybe you should take this off line (like you did the last time).

It's personal when you attack him personally, given that what you said had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And as to the second comment, well, I'm pretty sure PM's are still online, and we both saw how that ended. So I'll just stay here, exercise a bit of restraint, and shake my head at how narrow-minded some posters can be.

It's personal when you attack him personally, given that what you said had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And as to the second comment, well, I'm pretty sure PM's are still online, and we both saw how that ended. So I'll just stay here, exercise a bit of restraint, and shake my head at how narrow-minded some posters can be.

Oh, so what you are saying now and what you said in your previous 3 posts in this thread was about the "topic at hand"? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Bashing defense attorneys is a time honored tradition. I'm glad to see that it is alive and well. I had Civics class back in 4th grade, and learned that everyone deserves a competent defense in order to assure the legitimacy of the legal system. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Lawyer joke:

The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

According to chom, he "wins" in EVERY thread that he posts in. :doh:

Chom does win. He builds up a mountain of evidence and then waits patiently behind it for an unsuspecting conservative to come look at it....he then pushes it over and buries the poor ****.

Chom does win. He builds up a mountain of evidence and then waits patiently behind it for an unsuspecting conservative to come look at it....he then pushes it over and buries the poor ****.

You forgot the double quotes for "evidence".

But he continually makes the same mistake: he assumes that conservatives can read. :D

Just kidding folks.

Yea, I thought that the last post wins, go back a few pages, I've won most of them :laugh:

I think that I've set some kind of record for making the last post on threads. I always thought that it was because what I wrote was unreadable. I didn't know that I could count them as wins! :cheers:

WOW! Me and Chopper and Liberty agree on this..

Must go back and refigure this all out :)

You've disprooved iheartskins contention that we always end up on the same sides. Sometimes we even learn things. I didn't know that Clark was Milosevicks (sp) lawyer. I guess defending murderous dictators is Clark's calling. Everyone needs to feel useful.

Archived