Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is It Time To Play Campbell?

thinker

I would guess that we are one loss away from everyone agreeing the season is done, and I'm not willing to bet a dollar that we will win out. There aren't any young guys to evaluate, because most of them are playing already. Except Campbell. If he is the qb of the future, does it make sense to start getting him some game exposure now? I'm not sure what the point is of seeing Brunell doink any more passes off Royal's chest as we improve the value of the pick we gave to Denver (boy that looks like a SWEET deal for them now doesn't it?).

Seeing him play well will also clear the way for us to mercifully trade Ramsey and let him try to make a go of it somewhere else. So I vote for playing Campbell after our next loss.

I say if we lose two games it might be time to strut out number 17. The reason I say 2 games is because you never know who's going to get beat in the NFC and still leave us in the hunt for the playoffs. But I think after 2 losses it will cement this year as another year that got away from us.

And you think Ramsey was pissed when he got yanked in the first game of the season. Wait until this unfolds.

Gibbs isn't starting a rookie. Period. While I mildly disagree with it from the standpoint of our development, I'd still rather we stick with Scott and try to get to 9-7...which is still entirely possible. Doing so would keep us in the playoff hunt and drop our first rounder to probably the early 20's. Yeah, I hate the Donkeys that much.

Besides lowering our first round pick, I don't know that getting Campbell some snaps would do all that much good right now. At this point he just may not know enough to even get any benefit from what he's seeing. With a full offseason under his belt I'd rather see him come in sometime next season when/if Scott gets injured. In short, I'm advocating we go the Carson Palmer route.

You don't send the message to your team right now we are giving up the season with 5 games left:doh:

PLEASE don't compare Cambell to Big Ben:doh: We are not the Steelers If Ben played for us we would still be 5-6 and If Brunell was plugged into the Steelers they would still be playoff bound:doh: We lack too much to throw in a Rookie who will look bad no matter what because of the team around him:puke:

We should play Campbell if we lose another game.

9-7 is likely not going to be enough for a wild card spot this year. There are already 3 7-4 teams and a 6-5 team ahead of us for the spot. It'd be pretty suprising if two of them didn't get to 10-6. The coaching staff is putting up signs saying one more loss and we're done for a reason..

There is only one way to get a QB the experience he needs to be ready to play, and that is to play him. If we don't go to the playoffs this season, lets focus on trying to be as good as we can in the futuere. Heck, we might even discover we have a Roethilsberger on our hands, and be able to start off next season with a star QB.

Its not Brunells fault Royal is not catching the ball.

This basically sums up how I feel. You can only miss so many opportunities before things aren't going to work out for you. Royal made us miss 4. I have to admit though... I wouldn't be mad if JC started in St. Louis or Arizona if Joe finds it best to get him ready for possibly moving up next year. I don't think seeing JC is likely unless we are 6-8, maybe he would play the last 2 weeks.

Why are we so ready to throw out quaterbacks like Brunell and Ramsey. I still think Ramsey could be a quaterback that would work well in the system. I remember how so many wanted to get rid of Doug Williams (superbowl winner), aother number 11 (Mark Rypien) superbowl winner! We had two quaterbacks that were run out of town and yet started agaisnt each other in superbowls (Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon). Then there is Trent Green who we ran out of town and has been an incredible producer for the Rams and the Chiefs. Hell Even Gus Ferrotte is winning some games in Miami and even beat Oakland in which we coud not.

I do noth think Ramsey has been given his fair shake and I would hate to see him on another team winning football games. Neither him nor brunnell did anything in the preseason and Brunnell did nothing in the beginning of the season, he has gotten better but I do think that maybe his arm strength is getting weaker and has not been a deep ball threat at all other than two against Dallas that we all loved.

I do not think Campbell is ready nor will he be ready he did not come from a pro style offense out of college and he looked it in the preseason. He will need time and I think he has the possible to do great things but he will have to wait his turn as Williams, Rypien did! I still think ramsey is the quaterback for the next three seasons!

Member: 20967

Tired of the brunell bashing? How about this. this guy brunell isnt getting any younger. this is the best brunell will ever get. he wont get any better. he is 36 freaking yrs old. do you actually think there is any chance of winning the Super Bowl with brunell any time soon? you gotta be kidding me. when he was with the jags, he was a decent QB, never great with some good wins. even back then , he was just good enough to get the jags to afc conference finals. never could go to the super bowl at his prime so what makes u think he could take us to the super bowl now. wake up. Put campbell in right now. simple as that.

Do not try to 'ramsey' Campbell. Starting Campbell now can do more harm than good. Play it safe and let Campbell get a full off-season under his belt. Didn't hurt Carson Palmer's progress did it? Even then he should have to earn the starting job just like everyone else.

When is it time for Jason Campbell? When he can outplay Brunell & Ramsey.

Archived