Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Positive Thread: Carlos Rogers is a stud

Vman2k6

Sunday was definitly his coming out party.

He is a rookie so I didnt expect a ton from him but he has played solid so far.

A game like that (vs. SD) can only help his confidence....confidence in a corner is HUGE. I am interested to see how our pass defense handles the Bruce, Holt and Curtis trifecta. I dont care who is quarterbacking.....their system via passing is the equivalent of the Broncos running system. Every qb does well....Martin will do fine.

There is no way Harris should be playing ahead of Rogers at this point. Let the rookie develop and learn the position.

I agree. I normally wouldn't say sit the vet over the rookie so far into the season. But with the way Harris has been playing, and the VERY impressive performance by Rogers, I couldn't say no.

I am interested to see how our pass defense handles the Bruce, Holt and Curtis trifecta. I dont care who is quarterbacking.....their system via passing is the equivalent of the Broncos running system. Every qb does well....Martin will do fine.

Actually the Rams will be starting the rookie from Harvard, Fitzpatrick, who threw for 300 yards in relief of an injured Martin against the Texans.

I don't care that it was the Texans, the fact that he threw for 300 yards is pretty impressive for a rookie, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams have found gold with another unheralded QB.

Too bad Rogers is gonna pick him off for a score.;)

Patrick Ramsey had 268 yards and a 103.6 rating his first action.

The next game he had a 42.8 rating.

Same thing is going to happen to the Harvard kid.

Carlos Rogers will get another pick (at least one) this Sunday. Hopefully Harris never starts again.

He's still got a way to go on mastering coverage, but-- he's doing the things that the Skins drafted him:

1. He plays the run very well, he plays it better (flat passes also) than Smoot or Bailey did when they were here.

2. He can hit (has caused some fumbles this year-- that the team sadly didn't recover) and probably is more of a corner blitz threat than Fred was last year.

3. For the most part he can cover #1-#2 guys decently to very well. Yes, he covered McCardell much better than Harris last week (BTW it was McCardell that Brees was throwing to when he got his INT).

Was well worth the draft pick and is showing to be the best pick of the top 3 drafted corners so far (Pac-Man, Rolle and Rogers).

Yes, he should be starting, if Jason Campbell turns out to be our future joe gibbs will have gotten Chris Cooley, Jason Campbell, Sean Taylor, and Carlos Rogers...w00t! Thanks Joe!

P.S did you see carlos rogers running behind ladainian tomlinson? he is freaking fast!I would of liked to see him running TOWARDS ladainian tomlinson but still.

he was really impressive, and could have had at least 2 picks, but couldnt hold on to one in the endzone, but he is playing good football right now, especially for a rookie. He is making good tackles, not looking lost, playing good overall d, thus far.He gets my vote for Defensive rookie of the year!!!!!!

I believe Carlos is a mirror image of Springs, younger of course. They both are around 6 feet and 200 lbs. Both have excellnt speed, strength and hands. Both play the run extremly well. I love the fact we had the right mind to let Smoot walk and draft Rogers. Smoot was at his best last year where as Carlos has a larger cieling for his potential. Also proud we drafted Carlos over M. Williams. If Carlos does not take over full time for Harris as the starter starting against st. louis I will be very suprised.

:cheers:

Archived