Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Root for the giants

skinsfanevan

Of course this is all depending on the Redskins and how we play, but i believe

THE COWBOYS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

is it so crazy to think the skins and pukes will be 7-6 going into December 18th?

Dallas is 7-4 with next two games @NYG and then Kansas City

OUr next two are @STL and @ARI

If dallas drops the next two, and we win the next two, we move ahead of dallas going into our game with them

I think its time to start rooting for the giants to win the division, to allow us to sneak in with a wildcard

A sweep of the cowboys could go a long way.

Even if Dallas beats KC, if we win the next 3, then we're 8-6, and dallas is 8-6

And we'd obviously have the tiebreaker.

If we win the next 3 i think we're allowed to lose the Giants game.

Why?

Because we no longer need a better record than dallas just the same one.

And that week Dallas goes into Carolina.

I am an optimist. I know this will be a lot harder than it seems. The skins to win on the road and at the end and for dallas to lose that many but heres how i honestly see the nfc east finishing

Giants 11-5 (5-1) :(

Redskins 9-7 (4-2) :applause:

Cowboys 9-7 (3-3) :silly:

Eagles 7-9 (0-6) :laugh:

Does that happen? I Dont know.

Does that mean playoffs? I dont know

But all i'm saying is its not too far off to think we are still in this race.

im really tired so if theres any mistakes, sorry just my :2cents:

:dallasuck

No way pal- we need Dallas this weekend.

The Giants definetely have the easier schedule and I don't think for a second we would have a shot at the wildcard (talk about longshot). We need Dallas this weekend, but who knows, it's just nice to know one is gonna lose.

Well, in another thread, I claimed to know the NFL tiebreaker system inside & out. I was going to try to crunch some scenarios together, BUT there are WAY too many teams in the hunt right now (cause if you count us in at 5-6, there's 11 teams to work with)

I broke down in another thread how the Redskins could win the division, but if we're working wild cards, it gets tricky. With your 9-7 plan, the following would have to happen, just to get us TIED with wild card teams at 9-7......

Down the stretch

Minnesota (6-5)- needs to go 3-2

Atlanta (7-4)- needs to go 2-3

Tampa Bay (7-4)- needs to go 2-3

Dallas or the Giants (7-4)- need to go 2-3

That's a lot to ask for. I thought I could do it right now, but there are too many combinations. It's not as easy to breakdown as the division.

But remember, in a 4 team tiebreak scenario, division ties are broken first. So say, for exapmle, Dallas, Washington, Atlanta, & Tampa Bay are all tied at 9-7. Washington would get the tiebreaker over the cowboys (per the plan above). Now, if Atlanta has the tiebreaker over Tampa, then the skins would have a chance (Our conference record is better than Atlantas. 4 of 5 losses to the AFC is actually a good thing). That is how we can skirt the loss of Tampa & still make the playoffs.

A lot has to happen between now & then, plus the skins need to win. But i'll still keep hope alive.

Plus, I love this stuff. This time next week, i might actually be able to break down exactly who we should root for in every NFC game.

It's not going to matter who is going to win this weekend (dallas or gaints )and anyway it's going to be a lose in our division.WE ARE GOING TO SMOKE OUR NEXT FIVE OPPONENTS WITH ALL WINS 10-6 AND WE WIN THE DIVISION!!!!(WATCH OUT BECAUSE GIBBS IS GOING TO TURN UP THE PLAY CALLING!!!)

Actually, best case scenario for us would be a tie. But I wouldn't worry about these things until we start winning games. Lets put together a string of wins and then talk. But one concern is that with Minny moving up, a wild card spot might not be guaranteed. We might need to win the division, which is do-able. Not saying we will, but we just gotta go 1 game at a time.

is it so crazy to think the skins and pukes will be 7-6 going into December 18th?

If dallas drops the next two, and we win the next two, we move ahead of dallas going into our game with them

I think its time to start rooting for the giants to win the division, to allow us to sneak in with a wildcard

Even if Dallas beats KC, if we win the next 3, then we're 8-6, and dallas is 8-6

Why?

I am an optimist. I know this will be a lot harder than it seems. The skins to win on the road and at the end and for dallas to lose that many but heres how i honestly see the nfc east finishing

I am hoping that Dallas loses to the Giants. Our toughest game won't be the rematches with either the Giants or Cowboys. It's going to be the last game against the Eagles. As a fan, it doesn't really matter if the Redskins don't make the playoffs. As long as they have a winning season.

Why?

Youd think skins fans would stop tryin to predict records 2-4 weeks ahead.ahh well

We need Dallas to win this week because then they have to play KC and Carolina. I bet you they lose one of them. In addition if the Giants lose and we beat them then we have the tiebreaker over them as we would have a better divisional record. I mean if you think about it the skins have a great chance to make the playoffs if they win out and the next two games should tell us alot.

The Rams have a great offense but their QB is a rookie so that will slow them down some. Their D sucks so if Joe leaves the cuffs of our Offense we should score some big points. Arizona is Arizona a very unperdictable team that if you jump on them early then you can play this prevent crap. All in all these next two games are very winnable. To we win them? That is the question. If we do then it will get very intersting.

Archived