Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast: Joe Salevia (sp) has a tear in his foot

jbooma

Comcast reported tonight that Joe has a tear of a muscle on his foot. The redskins have not said anything at all about his playing time, but this can't be good :doh: they didn't mention any other major injuries.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the Plantar Fasciitis. It wouldn't surprise me if he continues to play, since rest isn't going to help much.

Jason

I had a plantar injury. He isn't going to be able to play on a muscle tear. Unfortunately, I think Joe's season may be over.

Time for Ryan Bosch-Spagetti and Cedric "Make A" Killings to get on the field and earn their paychecks, which they haven't done to this point.

We have only survived at DT because Demetric Evans was able to slide inside and play decently the past couple of weeks out of position.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the Plantar Fasciitis. It wouldn't surprise me if he continues to play, since rest isn't going to help much.

Jason

I've had plantar fasciitis and it is f'n brutal. You can hardly walk, especially first thing out of bed in the morning.

I don't see how the dude has been playing football. If he has torn a muscle in his foot, I don't think we'll see him again this year. But yet, this is one tough guy.

Did anyone notice when Big Joe came out...there were I think 2 consecutive running plays by the Chargers right up the middle. Depth is an issue.

Tomlinson's stats before Salave'a came out:

13 rushes for 43yds 3.3ypc 1 TD

After:

12 rushes for 141yds 11.75ypc 2 TDs

FYI, as Om and I were walking out of the stadium.... we walked by Joe Salave'a limping VERY BADLY out the stadium. Of course, he stopped to sign a few autographs.... being the stand up guy he is.

But it doesn't look good folks. I would rather have him sit out the year... then play on that injury. It looked real bad.

I been battling plantar fasciitis for over a year. It started off incredibly painful and in the middle of the arch. The Plantar fascia is an odd bit of tissue. It's not a tendon and it's not a muscle. If he has a tear, in the long run, it may actually be better for him. It's not a muscle tear, though, so it doesn't necessarily mean a season-ending thing.

I just got a cortisone shot in mine and I was told to stay off high-impact activities for 2-4 weeks, that there IS a chance of rupture, but that once a week of severe pain had passed that it would feel better than when the pain first began.

In any case, Joe will be able to walk again normally.

Archived