Time For New Uniform

Fischer fan

Would you vote for Jeb in 2008 ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Jeb in 2008 ?

• Definitely, or almost definitely
    • Possibly, depending on opponent, running mate, his stance, etc
    • Absolutely not, or almost definitely not

Well we've tried uber offensive Cowboy Super Bowl savant; uber (I turned around Duke) ball coach....we've even tried proven Hall of Famer prior SB winner with 3 different QBs NASCAR man.

Now we have to try changing uniforms!

Worked for the Broncos and Bucs(the fact it hasn't worked for the Bills,Cards and Seahawks is beside the point)

First of all its the Burgandy and Gold not bright Red and White(or Yellow).

Whats with the White pants anyway? We need our dark Burgandy jerseys at home. Last year that white on white game was not a good look.

Everyone in-the-know understands that you don't wear White after Labor Day.

I personally like the Native American helmet logo. I believe its both attractive and tasteful as well as a tribute to the Native Americans during these politically trying times. However the stripes could go ...or even add

the arrows somehow. I toyed with the idea of a gold helmet. Not the Lombardi yellow(who was he kidding anyhow...Packers helmets with an "R") but they seemed too Seminole/Naval Academy/Notre Dame etc.

The home jersey need to be dark burgandy with gold(not yellow) name/numbers. Perhaps some tasteful Bronco style piping on the sides. I'd be open for Synder's input on this. Oh, TV numbers on top of the pads instead of sleeves would be very 2000.

The pants NEED to be gold(not yellow). I don't believe I've ever heard of the 'Skins being referred to as the burgandy and yellow or the burgandy and white(although the latter ryhms with fight).

Burgandy shoes would be a nice touch instead of (here we go again) white.

Gold shoes may look too Fab Five or Elton Johnish.

The away jersey would be white with burgendy name/numbers with Gold trim of course.

An alternate uniform could be a crazy all burgendy or all gold or reverse top /bottom gold /burgendy.

The important point here is that the burgendy is dark(not like Ron Burgendy's blazer) and that we use real Gold(24 carat ideally).

Remember, we have the most unique color combo in football.We can do better with the team appearance. The current uniforms represent a past Gibbs era. Since we are losing I think the solution might just be to change uniforms. But please.....NO BLACK. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dallasuck

I am as die hard fan as there is! I love the Redskins! But here is a fact!

Your favorite players will eventually leave...

Your favorite coaches will eventually leave...

Your favorite team might even move...

This is the new era of professional football! To me, it is a matter of "rooting for the laundry"...

The uniform is EVERYTHING to me! I've been a fan since 1983...I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly...but the unifomrs stay the same...okay, the feather straightened itself out since I have been a fan, but thats it.

The colors...the unis...the colors...the unis...the colors...the unis...it's all that I can rely on. If it is ever drastically changed...oh...the sun may not rise for me.

So many teams have changed their unis. The onlu one I agree with is the Bucs.

Here are the teams that I can think of...

Seattle...the florescent green eye is pretty cool. This team had no identity or history though.

Arizona...the Broncos South...just in Red and White.

49ers...their other unis seem legendary...they made a huge mistake!

St. Louis...too dark and depressing!

Lions...their dark jerseys are basically the Panther's.

Falcons...they at least stayed close when they went dark...they seem to wear their red ones more anyways.

Bucs...okay, this team NEEDED it!

Broncos...I liked the orange...it was synonymous with getting orange crushed in the Super Bowl.

Bengals...Thiers went from bad to just weird.

Ravens...the law suit was why they changed theirs...but those black pants witha white stripe with purple jerseys was just bad!

Teenessee...they changed their name from Oiler to Titans so I have no problem with this.

Buffalo...very subtle change...no big deal.

Philly...they actually did get better.

Jets & Giants...went back to their retros so its okay with me.

There are just certain teams who have in my opinion too much history and tradition to change their uniforms.

Redskins

Packers

Dolphins

Raiders

Chiefs

Cowboys

Bears

Vikings

Steelers

Colts

If the Redskins ever changed them, I would go on a shooting spree or something.

I am as die hard fan as there is! I love the Redskins! But here is a fact!

Your favorite players will eventually leave...

Your favorite coaches will eventually leave...

Your favorite team might even move...

This is the new era of professional football! To me, it is a matter of "rooting for the laundry"...

The uniform is EVERYTHING to me! I've been a fan since 1983...I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly...but the unifomrs stay the same...okay, the feather straightened itself out since I have been a fan, but thats it.

The colors...the unis...the colors...the unis...the colors...the unis...it's all that I can rely on. If it is ever drastically changed...oh...the sun may not rise for me.

So many teams have changed their unis. The onlu one I agree with is the Bucs.

Here are the teams that I can think of...

Seattle...the florescent green eye is pretty cool. This team had no identity or history though.

Arizona...the Broncos South...just in Red and White.

49ers...their other unis seem legendary...they made a huge mistake!

St. Louis...too dark and depressing!

Lions...their dark jerseys are basically the Panther's.

Falcons...they at least stayed close when they went dark...they seem to wear their red ones more anyways.

Bucs...okay, this team NEEDED it!

Broncos...I liked the orange...it was synonymous with getting orange crushed in the Super Bowl.

Bengals...Thiers went from bad to just weird.

Ravens...the law suit was why they changed theirs...but those black pants witha white stripe with purple jerseys was just bad!

Teenessee...they changed their name from Oiler to Titans so I have no problem with this.

Buffalo...very subtle change...no big deal.

Philly...they actually did get better.

Jets & Giants...went back to their retros so its okay with me.

There are just certain teams who have in my opinion too much history and tradition to change their uniforms.

Redskins

Packers

Dolphins

Raiders

Chiefs

Cowboys

Bears

Vikings

Steelers

Colts

^^^ you make a convincing arguement there. those teams to me are "true look" football teams uni wise. just olkskool gritty and real.

i stand by my darker colors though change nothing else.

i agree with the darker burgundy look. i hate when we play when the sun is shining because it makes our helmets look like a ligther red. i hate that. but think about this one.....what if we upgraded the indian head, kind of like what the falcons and cardinals did to their respective logos, make them look "meaner and faster". just a thought to throw out there, whats everyones thought on this?

Well we've tried uber offensive Cowboy Super Bowl savant; uber (I turned around Duke) ball coach....we've even tried proven Hall of Famer prior SB winner with 3 different QBs NASCAR man.

Now we have to try changing uniforms!

Worked for the Broncos and Bucs(the fact it hasn't worked for the Bills,Cards and Seahawks is beside the point)

First of all its the Burgandy and Gold not bright Red and White(or Yellow).

Whats with the White pants anyway? We need our dark Burgandy jerseys at home. Last year that white on white game was not a good look.

Everyone in-the-know understands that you don't wear White after Labor Day.

I personally like the Native American helmet logo. I believe its both attractive and tasteful as well as a tribute to the Native Americans during these politically trying times. However the stripes could go ...or even add

the arrows somehow. I toyed with the idea of a gold helmet. Not the Lombardi yellow(who was he kidding anyhow...Packers helmets with an "R") but they seemed too Seminole/Naval Academy/Notre Dame etc.

The home jersey need to be dark burgandy with gold(not yellow) name/numbers. Perhaps some tasteful Bronco style piping on the sides. I'd be open for Synder's input on this. Oh, TV numbers on top of the pads instead of sleeves would be very 2000.

The pants NEED to be gold(not yellow). I don't believe I've ever heard of the 'Skins being referred to as the burgandy and yellow or the burgandy and white(although the latter ryhms with fight).

Burgandy shoes would be a nice touch instead of (here we go again) white.

Gold shoes may look too Fab Five or Elton Johnish.

The away jersey would be white with burgendy name/numbers with Gold trim of course.

An alternate uniform could be a crazy all burgendy or all gold or reverse top /bottom gold /burgendy.

The important point here is that the burgendy is dark(not like Ron Burgendy's blazer) and that we use real Gold(24 carat ideally).

Remember, we have the most unique color combo in football.We can do better with the team appearance. The current uniforms represent a past Gibbs era. Since we are losing I think the solution might just be to change uniforms. But please.....NO BLACK. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dallasuck

sounds like USC...

Redskins

Packers

Dolphins

Raiders

Chiefs

Cowboys

Bears

Vikings

Steelers

Colts

Actually, the Dolphins have toyed with a new uniform. Has quite a bit of Orange in the Jersey.

Bears have worn one with a shade of Orange in their Jersey too.

Don't even go there with the Cowboys. How many retro uniforms do they have.

The Redskins uniforms have had the current design since 1979. IMO an upgrade over the previous design, although the 70's unis should be kept as occasional retro jerseys.

And I don't see what the big deal is about the Chargers powder blue uniforms from the 60's. Chris Berman loves them, so now everyone at every network loves them. To me they look almost as gaudy as that damn orange crap Tampa Bay used to wear!

Redskins

Packers

Dolphins

Raiders

Chiefs

Cowboys

Bears

Vikings

Steelers

Colts

The Skins current uniforms aren't their original uniforms. I've seen some suggestions on new designs but the same colors that looked good to me. Some others and I have raised this issue before but some feel the SKins current uniforms are looked upon around the league as originals or something. The Skins changed their design in like 1979. That in a nutshell. These uniforms need changing.

yeah I do like the 70's uniform. I also like the 70th anniversary uniforms. The burgundy ones are cool also. But I guess we are going to stay this way for a while. I am fine with it, but if we got a change to the other uniforms that I suggested. I would like that as well.

I just like it the way it is. If we changed it....3 yrs would go by and the "when are we gonna have a throwback uni's game?" thread would dominate the forums.

We must respect, appreciate and acknowledge the fact that 75% of the teams in this league wish they had the history that we have. Our current uni's are part of it. The scheme/color/design (aside from the #'s/letters now being stitched rather than ironed on) has not changed. Its a classic/retro yet its our CURRENT style so its contemporary.

Our uni's/logo has history and everytime i watch us in person or on tv and I see those burgundy and gold helmets w/the stripe in the middle w/the gold facemask it is comforting. The jerseys and pants as well. Simple yet classic....ours. Our SB's were played in these uni's and the greatest Redskins coach of all time coached the men in these.

Change brings more change.....its a domino effect.

I hope we dont ever change our uniforms.

Archived