Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan(s) Game Experience

Xballboy

I have been attending games throughout the country for the past 40 years and I have never had such a poor overall experience as the game yesterday. Parking is terrible, the people managing the parking are worse. Being patted down (searched) is insulting as I did not have a bag nor was I wearing baggy clothing. Aside from the price of the tickets ($79.00 plus tax each and $25.00 parking "pass") we had two hotdogs, two french fries and one watered down "regular" diet coke---the tab was $28.00. That's absurd pricing on the lower level, I can only imagine what the pricing is like at the "club level". Maybe all of the fans that attend feel as though there is a price/value relationship there. THIS FAN DOES NOT!

Fans should really take a look at we are being presented with at Fed-Ex Field. Add this to the mediocre performance(s) of the team and there certainly is "no bang for the buck".

I'm just one fan who will not return!

I have been attending games throughout the country for the past 40 years and I have never had such a poor overall experience as the game yesterday. Parking is terrible, the people managing the parking are worse. Being patted down (searched) is insulting as I did not have a bag nor was I wearing baggy clothing. Aside from the price of the tickets ($79.00 plus tax each and $25.00 parking "pass") we had two hotdogs, two french fries and one watered down "regular" diet coke---the tab was $28.00. That's absurd pricing on the lower level, I can only imagine what the pricing is like at the "club level". Maybe all of the fans that attend feel as though there is a price/value relationship there. THIS FAN DOES NOT!

Fans should really take a look at we are being presented with at Fed-Ex Field. Add this to the mediocre performance(s) of the team and there certainly is "no bang for the buck".

I'm just one fan who will not return!

wow, cry me a river.

I thought the concessions were over priced too, and they are, but I went to Atlanta last year, and a Ravens game too. They have $7 beers and $5 sodas in their stadiums too! And Ravens parking is $25, just like FedEx.

Thank You!

I'm wondering where all these great football stadium prices are. Every where I've been it's been about the same....give or take a dollar in either direction.

I totally agree, the stadium experience sucks. Our parking lot people are great, and parking is not an issue for us as we get there at 9:00 AM. Club level waiter and secuirty are great in 326. But past that the issue of getting in has gotten a bit riduclous.

Dude...you have to be friggin kidding me. This is a different world in which we live today than when we attended games at RFK. The amount of security provided at NFL games today is much needed. Did you know that there are bomb sniffing dogs milling around the player and press entrances? Just because you didn't carry a bag in doesn't mean that you don't have explosives or other deadly weapons wrapped around your torso. There are many people in this world that have no regard for human life and would love the giant stage that is an NFL game to further their agenda by causing mass casualties. This is how these people operate...they want to instill fear. They blow up buses, subways....all with innocent civilians. Not to metion the homegrown wackos that get off on shooting innocent people in shopping malls. I for one applaud the security...anything that makes me and my family more safe is ok by me. It's not like they gave you a body cavity search before letting you enter. Be thankful that you live in the greatest country on Earth and are able to make the choice to attend a game safely...even if you do feel insulted in the process.

If you don't like the experience don't come, we sell out the largest stadium in the league, so our 90,000+ fans are willing to pay for the experience, even if you aren't.

With that being said, I was disappointed in the lack of noise made at the stadium yesterday. I've been at every game except Oakland, and I felt the 12th man was a big part of our home record. Yesterday people weren't getting up, the crowd was anemic, and that is unacceptable. Not to mention the stadium thinned out pretty early. I have a fear of the Redskins supporters being fairweather fans, and that is unacceptable. We aren't out of the playoffs yet, but the crowd was acting like it. However, once the game started going our way the crowd was ridiculously loud. We just need that intensity the entire game if we want to cause issues for the opposing teams.

And one more point.....athletes and refs have been attacked, stabbed, assaulted by fans.....doesn't the club have an obligation to protect them as well????

I guess you feel that you must be clutching a Koran, wearing a backpack, and chanting to Allah in order to be searched.

II'm just one fan who will not return!

GOOD RIDDANCE! :silly: It's fans like you who bring the entire stadium experience down for everyone - always complaining, negative, pissed off - I bet you are one of those people who scream at people to sit down on crucial third downs on defense! You were probably sitting there so mad about your "experience" that you were one of the reasons why the crowd wasn't louder.

Please stay home and never, I mean NEVER come back. We don't want people like you around; don't need people like you. We have a 40,000 person waiting list of people just dying to go to a Redskins game and people waste their tickets by giving them to people such as yourself.

And to think, all of your "misery" could be avoided if you simply planned a little better and arrived at the stadium early so you could grill your own food, drink your own beer, and then get into the game early, stress free. We did that yesterday, we were a little late, got to the parking lot by 11AM, but we still had a great time eating in the parking lot, had a few beers and I only spent $4 for a water in the stadium. I don't like wasting $7 for a beer either, so I bring my own!

Any sporting event you go to the food is way overpriced and not really all that good... i dont care where you go...... surely you realized that in your travels..... with that being said the parking is pretty bad i think everyone will agree with that.... but its still a business for someone just like everything else...

Well now. There you have it. Betting the Extremesters who have attended games all this season will differ in opinion on this. I know the few times I've been there, ( hoping to go to the Dallas game next month), I've had fun. The Jazz game I went to a few weeks ago featured $5.50 beer, (draft), and 3.2 even. Long lines, bad parking, and such were there as well. Still had a good time. It is what you make of it.

Park City, people obviously don't get out enough or they just expect too much. There's going to be traffic at a venue with 90,000 other people, not to mention holiday traffic? Duh! Don't want to spend the $25 on parking? Unless you're with elderly, young kids, or are physically unable, there is a Metro stop within walking distance of the stadium. Its a hike, but good exercise. Mad about the high prices for food? Eat a good breakfast before the game. I don't think I've spent a cent at FedEx on food or drink this year.

The one thing I did hear about yesterday's game was that there was a shortage of security people to administer pat downs, which led to backlogged lines entering the stadium......may explain why the upper deck appeared empty at kickoff. And the one thing I will complain about are the jerks who decide to get up for a food or pee break at the most inopportune time, like when Brunell is over center. Wait for a break in the action, you inconsiderate dunces!!

Park City, people obviously don't get out enough or they just expect too much. There's going to be traffic at a venue with 90,000 other people, not to mention holiday traffic? Duh! Don't want to spend the $25 on parking? Unless you're with elderly, young kids, or are physically unable, there is a Metro stop within walking distance of the stadium. Its a hike, but good exercise. Mad about the high prices for food? Eat a good breakfast before the game. I don't think I've spent a cent at FedEx on food or drink this year.

The one thing I did hear about yesterday's game was that there was a shortage of security people to administer pat downs, which led to backlogged lines entering the stadium......may explain why the upper deck appeared empty at kickoff. And the one thing I will complain about are the jerks who decide to get up for a food or pee break at the most inopportune time, like when Brunell is over center. Wait for a break in the action, you inconsiderate dunces!!

I think a lot of the ****ing you hear is from people who wait until noon to show up for a 1pm game. We drove in to empty parking lots around 10am, and there was little to no wait for entry to the game, at the bathrooms, or at any of the vendors.

And if you can't understand the reason for the patdowns - you've got bigger problems than how much cash you laid out for a hotdog. You should go to a game at the meadowlands - they've got bombsniffing dogs everywhere. They actually looked through all of my camera lenses to make sure they weren't phony/loaded with explosives etc... Fedex is a piece of cake compared to NY. And I had no problem with NY.

If you don't like the experience don't come, we sell out the largest stadium in the league, so our 90,000+ fans are willing to pay for the experience, even if you aren't.

With that being said, I was disappointed in the lack of noise made at the stadium yesterday. I've been at every game except Oakland, and I felt the 12th man was a big part of our home record. Yesterday people weren't getting up, the crowd was anemic, and that is unacceptable. Not to mention the stadium thinned out pretty early. I have a fear of the Redskins supporters being fairweather fans, and that is unacceptable. We aren't out of the playoffs yet, but the crowd was acting like it. However, once the game started going our way the crowd was ridiculously loud. We just need that intensity the entire game if we want to cause issues for the opposing teams.

Not sure if you missed a bit of the game. I too was at the game yesterday, and the crowd was certainly LOUD. The defense was rockin', and so were the fans.

Dude...you have to be friggin kidding me. This is a different world in which we live today than when we attended games at RFK. The amount of security provided at NFL games today is much needed. Did you know that there are bomb sniffing dogs milling around the player and press entrances? Just because you didn't carry a bag in doesn't mean that you don't have explosives or other deadly weapons wrapped around your torso. There are many people in this world that have no regard for human life and would love the giant stage that is an NFL game to further their agenda by causing mass casualties. This is how these people operate...they want to instill fear. They blow up buses, subways....all with innocent civilians. Not to metion the homegrown wackos that get off on shooting innocent people in shopping malls. I for one applaud the security...anything that makes me and my family more safe is ok by me. It's not like they gave you a body cavity search before letting you enter. Be thankful that you live in the greatest country on Earth and are able to make the choice to attend a game safely...even if you do feel insulted in the process.

Please tell me why they can not just get Magnotometers to help speed the process. They are much cheaper in the long run. They cover more ot the body and speed the flow up. There is a reason why most big event use them. They could ante up in the name of security and do it right, can't they. The way that it is being done now is so ineffcient and somthing will happen in the long run.

Aside from the price of the tickets ($79.00 plus tax each and $25.00 parking "pass") we had two hotdogs, two french fries and one watered down "regular" diet coke---the tab was $28.00. That's absurd pricing on the lower level, I can only imagine what the pricing is like at the "club level". Maybe all of the fans that attend feel as though there is a price/value relationship there. THIS FAN DOES NOT!

Tailgate.

And be thankful you werent drinking beers. Wait......maybe a coupla beers would help you relax and enjoy yourself.

Archived