Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Young fans point of view.

SkinsForLife260

I just wanted to tell everyone that if we do not make it to the playoffs I will view this season as a complete failure.

I don’t care how we got better I’m sick and tired of watching them lose. I haven’t had one winning season as a fan.

Now to the positive. Lets go 10-6 and win the division one game at a time.

Btw don’t lavar and portis have to stay because off cap room.

hail

:2cents: :2cents:

Im in your boat too man, Im 16 as well and Ive only seen them go to the playoffs once when I was 9. Im always saying to myself, "This is the year that they will break lose and win the division" and then they fold. all i want for christmas is a Skins playoff birth!!!

I was 11. I saw the 3 vs. 6 game at FedEx. But come on, it was DETROIT. Disappointing second round. Dan Turk did such a great job for us for so long.

I'm 16 too, but I definetely wouldn't see this season as a failure if we didn't make the playoffs. Please tell me you wouldn't feel good if we finished the season 4-1, to finish with a winning record of 9-7 and surpass all the predictions of "experts" whom predicted we would be anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10.

I too have only seen one playoff team in my life as a Skins fan, but my life would not be over if we missed the playoffs. I mean, its all I've known, I'm sadly used to it.

Anyways, going from 6-10 to 9-7 is a great sign of improvement in my eyes.

Now finishing 4-1 is no easy accomplishment, we need to beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" first.....

Hail

I'm 16 too, but I definetely wouldn't see this season as a failure if we didn't make the playoffs. Please tell me you wouldn't feel good if we finished the season 4-1, to finish with a winning record of 9-7 and surpass all the predictions of "experts" whom predicted we would be anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10.

Going from 6-10 to 9-7 is a great sign of improvement in my eyes.

Now going 9-7 is no gurantee, we need to beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" first.....

Hail

I agree with you. Hell...7-9 would probably be much more then was expected from this team. I will be disappointed if they don't make the playoffs this year, but hey, we have seen improvement from this team, and I feel very confident with the future.

Old guys are tired of losing too! Remembering how things used to be makes losing even more difficult to accept.

Your words ring so true it hurts................

If you remember the Super Bowl, then you can die happy. I can't die happy until I see Joe holding a Lombardi Trophy from a game that I SAW. Hate to say it to the older folks, but if you are over 26 or 28 or however old you need to be to remember 1991, then please don't tell me you have it worse than me.

While having your team win a championship is a great day no doubt, when you hit my age, you'll understand there's a whole lot more then a trophy to dying happy.

Your day in the sun will come....................but it may never be Gibbs holding that trophy again. I hope I'm wrong. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in him, but nothing is written in stone.

Your words ring so true it hurts................

While having your team win a championship is a great day no doubt, when you hit my age, you'll understand there's a whole lot more then a trophy to dying happy.

Your day in the sun will come....................but it may never be Gibbs holding that trophy again. I hope I'm wrong. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in him, but nothing is written in stone.

hope you are wrong too.:cheers:

Yeah, but it must be hard for these kids. When I was 15, we had George Allen, Larry Brown, Sonny Jurgensen, Chris Hanburger. Redskins football was magical, there was a lot of promise. Playoffs were pretty routine. Redskins finished with seasons winning records almost automatically. It was expected. We greeted winning seasons with a shrug. And nobody ever even heard of anybody named Joe Gibbs.

All I can say is, hang in there guys. Better days will come.

I am young enough where the 80s are a fading memory, but old enough to clearly remember the last Super Bowl win

It wasn't easy being a teen and in college watching my favorite team lose, and lose lots

But you guys will expierence the Super Bowl, sooner then you think. And it really was, for that moment in my life, the greatest thing ever

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

Man is this an under 21 convention? I was "lucky" enough to be able to at least appreciate the '99 season and that victory over Detroit. And I was 6 when the Skins won it all in '91 but I have two very distinct memories of that season. I went to the Atlanta Falcon game that year where we won 56-17. It was early November, all I really remember about the game was how cold it was. My other memory came from the Super Bowl where at some time during the game, I couldn't even tell you when, a Buffalo Bills player's chin strap was left on the field after a play and the announcer's had a shot of Wilbur marshall picking it up and putting it into his pants and saying "look for wilbur in the next few plays to be knocking someone's head off" or something to that effect.

Here's to hoping it isn't another 14 years til we get to celebrate.

Hail.

Yea, im too young to remember gibbs old days as well. some of the older members don;t realize that im tired of rebuilding. Tired, tired, tired, of rebuilding. Basically my whole life as a fan has been a rebuilding year. but some of the older fans, and some extremeskins vets just ***** at me when i let my frustration loose. what they also don;t realise is that i have lived in philly my whole life and i still do. All my friends have had a winning team for like 5 or so years straigt. Im tired of being the only one with a constant losing team

If you remember the Super Bowl, then you can die happy. I can't die happy until I see Joe holding a Lombardi Trophy from a game that I SAW. Hate to say it to the older folks, but if you are over 26 or 28 or however old you need to be to remember 1991, then please don't tell me you have it worse than me.

Agreed VERY strongly.

We have no recollection of Gibbs, part 1

We have had to live through Norv, Terry, Marty, Steve, and now this round of Gibbs, which I still think will turn out well

But until we start getting to the playoffs consistently, this is rough for us younger fans

(2nd post in this thread)

I have to salute you younger fans though. The fact that you've hung in there and stayed loyal says a lot about your character. I remember win I was young and winning was automatic, a lot of guys didn't even care. You guys are awesome!

I salute you for not having killed someone having to sit behind a pillar.

Hey young dudes!!!!Young think it has been hard on you!!!I was a senior in high school when we beat the buffalo bills in the super bowl.After gibbs left the team,the skins went into a deep downward spiral and instead of the "redskins" we became the "deadskins"!!!There has only been one playoff appearance since then.I have endured years of losing and let downs!!!The 1996 season was a heart breaker the first seven games we won, and we still did not make the playoffs!!!Then Synder buys the team and pretty much wrecks everything,fires coaches,spends money on old players,just terrible!!!The one bright spot about Gibbs being back,he is showing Synder how to manage a team!!Something that we will need for the future. I think it will take the whole five years of gibbs contract to start to see the tradition return to the redskins!!!

I just wanted to tell everyone that if we do not make it to the playoffs I will view this season as a complete failure.

I don’t care how we got better I’m sick and tired of watching them lose. I haven’t had one winning season as a fan.

Now to the positive. Lets go 10-6 and win the division one game at a time.

Btw don’t lavar and portis have to stay because off cap room.

hail

:2cents: :2cents:

man, i expected more from you and the rest of the "young" fans. I consider myself rather young as well, i have vague memories of us beating the Bills in Super Bowl 26.

I am annoyed, I am pissed, I can point the finger at many things (refs, play calling, Robert Royal, not starting Lavar, blocking schemes, Walt Harris) but what is the point. I expected a playoff appearance this season, and we are still in it, but it is a long shot. If we do not make the playoffs, so what, I still try and take some positives. Carlos Rogers is starting to play more, and become a better player. Our o-line did play better than last season, and maybe a new guard could help them out. We now know we need another quality CB and obviously a DE as well (though we have known this one). Either way, I am glad I got to see another season of Redskins football, disappointing as it was. This season just helped prove to me we are really close to hitting the big time here, and I will still be just as dedicated when we do hit it.

I agree. Every stupid year, I think this is it..we are gonna make the playoffs and then kabaam everything screws up. I remember that Tampa Bay Game and cryiing right after when I was nine. It was so sad especially since we lost even after Brian Mitchell returned the first kick in the second half to give us a 13-0 lead. sigh

Archived