Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are Redskins Fans the Most Abused in Sports?

RF4L

The last 12 years have been bad, but last time I checked we've still got a great tradition(even Kevin Harlan, the CBS announcer pointed that out about the Skins before the game yesterday calling our history GREAT).

It's been 14 years since we last won a championship, but we've also won 3 SB's since I was born in 1980. That's only behind SF in that same time span.

So to the original poster, no we're FAR from the most abused fan base in sports! I bet there would be a lot of fans out there of other teams who haven't been as fortunate that would love to get abused like that!

One thing you must remember is that the Skins before they won the SB in '82, hadn't won a title since 1942. That just shows that patience can be rewarded.

HTTR!!

Do you remember shoving it in their faces when they were on top?? We deserve the bashing, we have been absolutely horrible for ten years now. They are one of the wealthiest teams in sports because of the fan support they have. It is time to play like you want to win. The last three losses are an embarrasement, and we need to learn how we take it like we gave it. I have been a fan since I was old enough to understand the game. It has been extremely hard to support this team lately, and if things don't turn around soon, they may lose a lot of fan support.

I think after 1992, Washington went on a total drought in terms of winning sports franchises. Our basketball team sucked for a while (they are finally turning it around... oh wait, they are crashing again :(), we didnt have a baseball team for a while and had to watch the Orioles stink it up, and our beloved Skins only made it to the playoffs once in 13 years... since im 16, this is all I know.. losing :(

I would like you to have this conversation with a Browns fan with a serious face.

Let's see...no titles since the 50s. The Fumble. The Drive.

And then they take away the freaking team.....

Um' date=' yea, we've had a pretty rough decade, but please be realistic.[/quote']

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Seriously, no one can make an argument that the Redskins are more tortured than ANY Cleveland team in the last 50 years. In my lifetime they were on the cusp of titles in 3 different sports and didn't win ANY.

Indians- endured losing to the Rent-A-Marlins in their first WS in 50 years

Cavs- People forget how talented the Cavs were then- go back and look at how hard Jordan celebrates when he hits that shot in the playoffs... He wouldn't have been going that crazy if it was the Clippers...

Browns- endured the single most memorable fumble of all time (that cost them a trip to the SB), allowed the single most memorable drive of all time (they gave these things names for a reason folks,) watched their team leave, and then watched that team win a Super Bowl in a different city.

Quit your whining, fellow Skins fans. We don't even begin to understand this kind of pain.

detroit lions

I'm too lazy to reasearch, but I think the Lions have been to the playoffs more than we have in 13 years. They played us in '99 and beat us out for a spot in '97 I believe.

Therefore with all due respect to Matt Millen, I think we have the Lions beat, at least as far as pathetically few playoff appearances.

I mean reallly, even the Cardinals have made the playoffs as much as we have.

You guys haven't figured this out but this isn't about the Redskins but the Dan Snyder marketing show -- create hype whether you have any substance or not it doesn't matter just the hype. Hype sells and that's all Danny cares about. Hell he made all his $$$$ telemarketing -- you know the phone calls you get at dinner -- that should say enough. If he truly cared about winning he'd hire a true GM (not a coach/GM) that could build a winning team. Please don't go into the Joe Gibbs is that person trap -- he can't quite evaluate the coach objectively now can he. Face it until we get someone that knows something about building a winning organization -- that is football not marketing organization, we will continue in perpetuity as the most abused NFL fans.

not at the level it is given. There is a difference of being critical, and being insulting.

Do other losing teams get the same treatment?

The Bengals got it bad for YEARS

at one point they where being called the Bungles on all the Sports TV shows. Arizona is always being ridiculed as one of the worst sports franchises ever.

So I would say yes....

Above anything else I'm a fan of the game of football, then I am a Redskins fan. Some may agree or disagree but that's how I work. I'm getting really tired of seeing piss poor performances week in and week out. I'll always be a Redskins fan, but I'm beginning to take a look at the financial side of me supporting a team that hasn't improved much in 13 years.

It's getting harder to put out those thousands of dollars every year for nothing.

Well, I think we're better off than Red Sox fans. Even though they win the Series in '04, they still had collective heart failure in defending that title. At least I can say that I saw three Super Bowl wins by this team. We may not see another one for 40 years at least, or until Danny is out of the picture.

You guys haven't figured this out but this isn't about the Redskins but the Dan Snyder marketing show -- create hype whether you have any substance or not it doesn't matter just the hype. Hype sells and that's all Danny cares about. Hell he made all his $$$$ telemarketing -- you know the phone calls you get at dinner -- that should say enough. If he truly cared about winning he'd hire a true GM (not a coach/GM) that could build a winning team. Please don't go into the Joe Gibbs is that person trap -- he can't quite evaluate the coach objectively now can he. Face it until we get someone that knows something about building a winning organization -- that is football not marketing organization, we will continue in perpetuity as the most abused NFL fans.

Coach, that is 100-percent accurate. Too bad Dan's head is up his you-know-what!

When Sports Illustrated called the Redskins the "worst 3-0 team in the history of the NFL" I was furious. Everyone said "well they haven't played anybody". Let's see in retrospect we beat the current division leading Bears, the current division leading Cowboys and the current division leading Seahawks who only have the best record in the NFC. With that kind of start it just makes me sick to think that we've gone 2-6 since. As some jerk coach once said "you're only as good as you're record". We've got the title "the most abused fans in football" the old fashioned way -- we've earned it.

Please explain how we got dogged after the san fran game?

Mr Mike (it was my friends crack pipe) Irvin on NFL Countdown said that the Skins beat a team that could not win a game if their lives depended on it IE San Fran, and Howie Long said that the Skins beat a 31st rank offense team (at the time) that is what I called being dogged

:evil:

Archived